Anyone else out there not really get hangovers?

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Haven't had one yet and I've been plenty drunk numerous times, so I guess I don't. I'm a lightweight though and I sober up relatively fast, so that may have something to do with it.

EDIT: Should add that the time I got the most drunk in my life and passed out wrapped around a toilet after vomiting at least 10 times I still didn't wake up with any noticeable hangover symptoms.

Lunar Shadow

Dec 9, 2008
KefkaCultist said:
Haven't had one yet and I've been plenty drunk numerous times, so I guess I don't. I'm a lightweight though and I sober up relatively fast, so that may have something to do with it.

EDIT: Should add that the time I got the most drunk in my life and passed out wrapped around a toilet after vomiting at least 10 times I still didn't wake up with any noticeable hangover symptoms.
Be honest, it was likelyyou were stilld runkwhen the hangover hit and thusdidn'tnoticeit. Same happened to me,though I wasvaguely aware Iwas hungover. Was just so shit hammered it didn't matter and woke up feeling fine.

Offworlder_v1legacy

Ya Old Mate
May 3, 2009
I've only really gotten a semi-hangover once, and that was combined with loud music and people shouting in my ears, so no I don't really get them. Though neither do most of my friends either, maybe because we're young, who knows.

Andy Farren

Jan 22, 2013
I'm in the military, and it's fairly acceptable to turn up to work stinking. I'm certainly not saying it's encouraged, but it's seen as 'laddish' and will be laughed off by your superiors, provided you can still do your job (obviously, this does not apply if you are in theatre, where drinking at all is very, very banned).

I've never had a problem with hangovers, provided I can sleep it off enough. If I have to do anything half-cut, I am not a happy bunny, so tend to avoid 'drinking on a school night' for that reason.

Andy Farren

Jan 22, 2013
Further to my previous comment, I actually went to see a psychiatric nurse because I was worried I might be alcoholic. He, basically, said I wasn't, but I did need to get out more, and probably needed to get laid. I'm not exaggerating; I had three sessions, and two of them were him asking me what I did in my spare time and the last time I had a girlfriend.

Dr.Panties

Dec 30, 2010
I get awful hangovers, but have a secret super power. I posess the uncanny ability to poop my hangovers away. No, seriously. I'll wake up feeling like twice-fried dregs, stagger to the toilet and squeeze one out for the troops, and "voila!"...100% back to normal and ready to drink again.

I am superior.

fadingdragon

Jun 21, 2013
Never had them not even in my uni drinking every night days. Lol. Trick is to always have a glass or bottle of water near you where you sleep or pass out, water helps to rehydrate!

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
How long have you been drinking? When you start you tend not to get hangovers. When I was 15-16 and was guzzling cheap vodka on a golf course I rarely felt too bad in the morning (with a few notable exceptions). These days I will get some pretty monstrous hangovers if I drink a lot, and I'm 19 now. Four years of drinking relatively heavily will take it out of you, I promise you. I can beat them by sticking to spirits, drinking water before I go to bed, accepting that I will wake up at 6:30AM and that I must have bacon, but I only really manage that when I'm at university. I find if I'm sick I'll feel better in the morning, and when I'm in that state I won't remember anything so I don't really care.

Unfortunately I don't usually manage that when I'm not at university- I was at Download (hell yes I'm bragging, it was awesome) last week and drank 9 litres of wine over 5 nights, sleeping in a tent and only eating cold beans and tinned fruit. If you're going to tell me that on the last morning after 5 nights of heavy wine drinking you can wake up in a boiling hot tent, find you have no water and still not have a hangover, then you're some kind of weird drinking robot set from the future to make us all look like pussies.

That said, some drinks give me worse hangovers than others. Wine always makes me throw up if I drink a lot of it, and the hangovers are fairly bad. Cider tends to give me the worst hangovers- it doesn't help that it makes my hangover piss smell like chemically death, and if I stick to spirits then I'll probably not be too bad. Alchopops will give me pretty bad hangovers, but they're cheap as hell in clubs and easy to drink, so it's a fair trade if you have to go to those places.