Anyone excited about Borderlands?

AxelMiller

Sep 22, 2009
Myself i cant just WAIT. Only three weeks left for release with a pre-order fixed.

PSP_paladin

Jul 29, 2009
its my only must-have october release. i dont have it pre-ordered though, dont feel the need to.

Valkyira

Mar 13, 2009
i don't think it will be a HUGE seller, but i'm looking forward to it. I think RPG's are a dying breed nowadays.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, yes I am. But I'm gonna wait for a price drop before getting it. Funds are a-lacking.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Not really, actually. The more I see and read about it, the more I'm just 'meh' about it.
Perhaps once I actually sit down and play it (I'll probably rent it) then my mind will be changed. But for now, the only October Game I'm buying is Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising.

bobknowsall

Aug 21, 2009
It's got a unique look and the designers seem to have a sense of humour, so I'll probably pick it up a while after release. The only thing that concerns me is how the gunplay will work, but Gearbox seem to have that end of it down, so(hopefully) no worries.

Koeryn

Mar 2, 2009
I'm looking forward to it as much as Brutal Legend, and... Uncharted 2, that one. Doubt I'll spend any money on any of them though..

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
I have it on pre-order, which puts me into a tough situation. I have to be able to finish off Halo 3 ODST, MUA 2 and Brutal Legend... because as soon as Borderlands comes out my other games will be neglected.

Dragon Age coming out soon after will not do anything to alleviate my other games' loneliness either.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Very. I'm not sure if I'm going to preorder it yet because I'm not sure what system I want it on yet. The guy from Gearbox said personally that Borderlands works best on the PC, but my PC is just a little below the specs needed. I'm not sure if I should get the 360 version to have a smooth running game that I know I'm not going to have problems with plus maybe getting to play with some people on my friends list who I know in real life that are strictly console gamers, or upgrading my computer with a new video card and just playing it on the PC. Either way, I'm going to get it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Baby Tea said:
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising.
Make love to me, you sexy military simulator buying man?

Personally, I'm not that excited, the gameplay videos I've seen conjured up a 'meh'. I saw a shooter and not a brilliant looking one at that.

But, it's Rocktober already?
Yeeeeeeeeeeeheeeeeheee!

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Yes, i just hope it's like L4D but with RPG elements and a shitload more guns + vehicle sections etc.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Chalk me somewhere in an odd bi-polar between extremely excited and mildly skeptical. Overall I think it looks like it will be a fantastic title, but at the same time... I rarely give over completely without a game having a "proven pedigree" like Dragon Age or Brutal Legend. Still, with its combination of unique setting, awesome art design and interesting gameplay... I am nothing if not intrigued and hopeful for it.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
I'm certainly not as excited for Borderlands as I am for Dragon Age: Origins, but I still plan on picking it up. It should be worth some good fun of jumping online co-op with a few friends.