Anyone find AC Revelations Boring?

phar

Jan 29, 2009
Ill start by saying I loved the AC franchise. Have 100% both 2 and brotherhood.

But Revelations is boring me to death.. im struggling to even have will power to start up the console. Its the same gameplay though but theres something about it that doesnt give it the sparkle the other had for me.

I know its got a few mixed reviews but theres just something about it I cant put my finger on that really makes it uninteresting to me. Maybe its been overdone the last few years

stefman

Jan 9, 2011
phar said:
Ill start by saying I loved the AC franchise. Have 100% both 2 and brotherhood.

But Revelations is boring me to death.. im struggling to even have will power to start up the console. Its the same gameplay though but theres something about it that doesnt give it the sparkle the other had for me.

I know its got a few mixed reviews but theres just something about it I cant put my finger on that really makes it uninteresting to me. Maybe its been overdone the last few years
Actually i felt exactly like that during brotherhood. It's because it's the same setting (I suppose revelations is slightly different) same gameplay, same character same everything basically and the only thing different is the story which, to me, keeps raising more questions than it is answering and its starting to get irritating. I'm waiting for AC3 and for significant gameplay changes. AC2 was and still is the best one to date for the price.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
I feel you man. I love the series as a whole, but Revelations was a chore to finish. I ended up powering through it just to get it over with.

My biggest problem is with the setting. With how expansive it is, it just all feels the same. Also, Ezio's character growth by this point is pretty much over, and he's no longer an interesting character.

All in all the game was just very stale, and I'm glad Ezio's story is complete. I can't wait to see what they do with 3.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
DJDarque said:
I feel you man. I love the series as a whole, but Revelations was a chore to finish. I ended up powering through it just to get it over with.

My biggest problem is with the setting. With how expansive it is, it just all feels the same. Also, Ezio's character growth by this point is pretty much over, and he's no longer an interesting character.

All in all the game was just very stale, and I'm glad Ezio's story is complete. I can't wait to see what they do with 3.
This is pretty much how I feel. However...

Shahkulu made the entire game worth it, even if he was only around for like ten minutes near the end. Such a badass.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Well I found Brotherhood pretty boring, so I can't imagine Revelations being any better, even though I haven't played it. And yes I decided to be "that guy" for once.

crono738

Sep 4, 2008
I had that problem with Brotherhood (aside from the multiplayer, which was great). I think it might have had to do with my playing through AC2 a few days before I got it. Having not touched an AC game in months, I'm hoping that Revelations won't end up boring me.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
I really loved Assassin's Creed. I just, I couldn't help but be disappointed by how short Revelations is. And I couldn't be bothered to do ANYTHING. Defend dens, take dens back from Templars, sync viewpoints, train assassins, anything. And Altair disappointed me SO MUCH. They gave Altair like, no screen time. And I HATE his new voice. The middle-eastern accent I can handle. But I can't get over how high his voice is. Can't stand it. I want Altair's deeper voice back. All in all, it felt like a bunch of the same, in a new area. It was quite disappointing in both that, and how completely I crushed everyone's "BUT IT'S SO LONG!" comments by beating it in a single sitting. Bleh.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
If it's anything like brotherhood then you understand why I haven't bought it yet... the same reason I don't buy Call of Duty anymore. Seriously I love the Assassin's Creed storyline, but they seriously need to spice things up. This is what's wrong with COD and what may be go wrong with Halo, nobody changes anything.

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
I loved the game, but I will agree that it was short, the den defense was annoying, and the bombs kind of made the game really easy. I'm also having a hard time going back and getting everything, something I've done since the second one. Although I really loved the hookblade and double climb leap thing.

Archleone

Oct 17, 2011
I liked the implementation of the hook blade, and bombs (although they make the game far easier.) I didn't like how they removed the ability to lower your wanted level by tearing down posters, or the overall plot. In my opinion it's an ok game, but not extraordinary.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
I have a few gripes with it, but nothing to make the game less than totally worth it. That said, Assassin's Creed 2 is still the best.

Revelations had a much stronger story than Brotherhood, probably on par with 2's. Seriously great story.

Revelations had a much weaker soundtrack

Revelations is unfortunately short

Revelations has no wanted posters, no horses, no stables. All of these things were better to have in the game.

Bombs are mostly pointless. You could toss out all but like 4 types and not be missing ANYTHING useful or interesting.

Hook Blade is FANTASTIC.

Eagle Sense is great, but I feel that seeing the actual AI path as a line on the ground doesn't sit right with me. Seeing the AI "ghost" walking is good enough.

Not enough stuff to unlock.
Half the fun in AC2 and ACB is running around discovering miscellaneous things and seeing what gets unlocked. Revelations gives you too much money and too much early access to stuff...plus half the stuff you buy is stuff you already bought in Brotherhood. Did I really need to buy another Venetian sword in Constantinople? Really? Why not some local varieties? Why lump all the costume colors in the store right from the start? Why not make me unlock them? Why not sell different colors in different places as a reason to make me explore? Why nothing interesting like rebuilding the Aqueduct?

I like the Den Defense minigame well enough, but I'm not so sure I like how it's triggered.

Leveling Assassins is too easy. Getting them to make your Dens immune to being taken over is too hard.

Not enough side quests.

Why no story time alongside the factions you control? Would gypsies not make for interesting mission threads?

There really should've been waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more time spent with Altair. Him going into exile and then showing up all old....there's a huge time gap there that need filling in....

The game could use a few more grandly huge monuments to explore, but if Constantinople only really has the Hagia Sophia, I guess there's not much to be done about that....

That looks like a lot of gripes, but really none of them are an especially big issue, even all together.

Kingme18

Destroyer of Worlds
Mar 26, 2011
I just finished 100 percenting it. I found it fun but after a while boring... so I would hop into multiplayer or saints row 3 then hop back on. I guess you could say it's a love/hate relationship.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
*raises hand* The game was so sub-par compared to the others and the story was heavily lacking. I liked some of it, but I have to give the game as a whole a "meh."

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
LobsterFeng said:
Well I found Brotherhood pretty boring, so I can't imagine Revelations being any better, even though I haven't played it. And yes I decided to be "that guy" for once.
No I'll join you in that. Brotherhood just floundered earlier than 2 did. And they both became dull way before the end so I won't be bothering with Revelations.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
It's pretty much Brotherhood in first AssCreed setting + more polygons, yet again the gameplay is easier (as it is case with every following iteration of the series) with addition of pointless gimmicks like tower defence, that apart from the tutorial mission is really easy to avoid. Brotherhood at least had more interaction between various characters.