Anyone got any funny D&D stories?

Jan 27, 2011
Official D&D:

-
DM: ...You teleport into a room full of treasure...
Everyone: YESSS!! *fispump*
DM: ...So full that there's no air.
Everyone: ...*various "dammit"s and "FUUUUUUU!!!"s*
-

DM: Suddenly, an orc and 6 goblins burst into the clearing!
Me: ...I got this! FIREBALL ON THE ORC!
DM: ...............you kill all the goblins. But the forest catches on fire.
Other player: ......Dammit, Aegix!
Me: ...I thought we were in a clearing!! Aren't we far enough away from the trees?!
DM: ...Didn't I mention that the forest is overgrown and you can barely see the sky due to the leaves?
Me: ...Oh riiiiiiight....

Fortunately, my buddy was half celestial, and flew us both out.
-

*at my birthday, with most of my friends playing*
DM: ...The Orc attacks Marc!
Marc: ...WHAT THE HELL! You've only been making the enemies attack ME this whole time!
DM: ...umm...This tribe of orcs in this mine are racist against elves!
Marc: BUT I'M ONLY A HALF ELF! *points at another friend* THIS GUY IS A FULL ELF!!
DM: ...He attacks you anyway.

-

It's also worth noting that this is the DM that forced my character into a marriage with a Succubus, who was the daughter of a king that hated my guts. I'm pretty sure he did this to bug me, since at the time I was SUPER SUPER prudish and Catholic and got esaily worked up (I'm not like that anymore, thank goodness). I eventually acknowledged it, and made my already unbalanced Mage into a lunatic who loved to burn things. Hence my addiction for fireballs and explosive runes. The latter of which I cast on a bunch of coins and stuffed into a guy's face one time. >: P
-

===
Unofficial D&D (my friend Marc, from one of the above stories was the DM here)

We made our own rules, and characters and abilities. I was controlling a team of about 7-ish characters, since it was just the two of us. Oh, and he made up most of the story on the fly, and aside from a lot of references to anime and games he'd seen/played, it was pretty freakin good.

-
DM: Ok, you reach this cavernous room at the center of the ruins. The boss opens its eyes, and you see it is a giant spider!
Me: ...How big are we talking?
DM: ...See that D6? that's you. The spider is as big as me.
Me: .........I attack the bigass spider!
*and from that moment on, the boss was known as "the bigass spider" *

-
*in the underworld, which I had tried using as a shortcut to get back to an ally in trouble*
*context*: Team A somehow got inside a dragon...FROM THE REAR END and was fighting in its mouth.
DM: TEAM B comes into the chambers of the guy who's been stalking you the whole time you were in here (a vampire).
*cue fight*
DM: The vampire then transforms into a Dragon!
*cue fight, eventually, Team A injures the dragon they're inside of so badly that it opens its jaw wide so that they can see Team B, thus showing that we're both fighting the same dragon.*
Me: ..WAIT A SECOND! They were inside the dragon LONG before the guy turned into one!! How the hell does that make sense?!
DM: ...Uh....Umm.......DAMMIT! ...fine. Your whole team gets a free level for being so damn smart.

-
DM: A minion flings a snowball, which rolls down the hill at you, getting bigger and bigger!
Me: I need to finish this boss fight (against 2 guys) fast, then.
*3 turns later*
DM: The snowball is now massive, and is about to hit your party!
ME: ...Wait a minute...we're fighting on a cliff, right?
DM: ....Yeeeah?
ME: I activate *skill that lets me counter projectiles and magic and stuff*. I have the character (who's really strong BTW), counter the snowball, and return it to The physical fighter of the boss team, and thus knock him off the cliff! *rolls for success, and gets an 18*
DM: ...........Holy crap. ...The boss, so shocked at what just happened that he literally just stands there, gets hit by the snowball and falls off the cliff. Good job.
-

I'd give more, but this was YEARS AND YEARS ago, so I'm kinda fuzzy on these.

Gamblerjoe

Oct 25, 2010
Wow, I hate to take the jam out of anyone's doughnut, but far too many of these stories involve the DM not having a clue how the rules to DnD work.

Iv seen some stuff like this in my day. When it happens I just walk away from the game. I saw a DM who refused to use a battle map. He liked to sneak attack characters constantly.

DM: a rogue pops out of the bush and sneak attacks you!
Player: what bush?
DM: the bush you are standing next to.
Player: Im not standing next to a bush!
DM: yes you are. Im the DM and I say you're standing next to a bush.

I had another DM who liked to make up rules on the fly. He would miss someone's AC by one then immediately give the monster a +1 weapon so that he hits. That same DM decided on the spot that you can no longer d-door with your party members, because he wanted to kill my cohort and I was about to save him. Another time, he refused to give a player a +4 to his will save against charm person because he insisted that the player didnt consider the beholder in the dungeon we were storming to be hostile.

Here are some tips:

if you want to break an item, it gets a fort save.

if a player attacks or steals from another player, a bridge falls from the sky, and they are told they are no longer welcome in my DnD game.

there are these handy skills called spot and listen (or perception of youre playing pathfinder)

dont kill or maim players without giving them a save.

sorry this isnt a funny post. I did post some pretty funny stuff though. Hopefully that makes up for it. I just really cant abide someone DMing who doesnt know the basic rules of the game. A lot of DMs cry "Rule 0!" but there is a big difference between adjudication and being too lazy to learn the rules.

Gamblerjoe

Oct 25, 2010
Oh yeah, naming stuff. That's always a hoot. I think we've all seen tons of nameless characters earn their monikers on the fly. I remember the pale master's skeleton minion "skully." In another game the party was sailing away from dreadhold, an island prison, and their ship got lit up with arcane ballista bolts and was sinking. they got saved by a dread pirate, while the ship they could have cared less about got speed-plundered by the crew. they chose to befriend the dread pirate who turned out to be chaotic good and an enemy of an enemy. He went on to be refered to as "DP" or "D to the P."

One guy named his PC "Jalapeno Peppers." This ended up spawning a whole family of characters who tend to be swarthy types. My other buddy make "Chilli Peppers" who was a rog/swa/duelist daring outlaw type. Eventually the "Peppers Family" became more of a figurative term, kind of like a chaotic good mob family, after some non-human ones got made. My contribution was a halfling duelist named "Cayenne Peppers."

Oh! I remember when Rilgar the human ranger fought Relgor the bugbear barbarian. total coincidence. the player rolled his character at level 1, and the battle happened at level 3. The bugbear was from a module I got online.

Theres one that got made into a custom munchkin card. He was a mystic theurge DMPC named Marko. the name of the card was "Marko! Fireball those bastards!" because thats what we would always say to him.

If there was ever an MMO that had a dervish class, I would name mine Slashdance.

Some DDO names Iv come up with are: Tinnn Wizzy the warforged wizard (you're probably too young to get the reference). Murdertrain A'Comin the warforged barbarian. Ronzette Ojen Etals the male drow rogue (get it? get it? think about it!) Noghud Namesleft the elf bow ranger (that only makes sense in context. At the time bow rangers were considered totally gimped, so when the character joins your party you just see the first name Noghud [the closest thing I could get to Nogood] and that she is a ranger. then you see the actual character and see the first and last name over her head.) Then theres the Drow cleric "Drrokso The Rock'n'roll Drow" and his guild . My buddy made the best name of all. A drow rogue named "Chickenbone Shiv." He also named his barbarian "Cleavon" which I though was pretty clever. He named his cleric "Macedturkey Tastes Stingy" which pretty much just boggled everyone. Awesome. I made a sorcerer named "Radstone Mage" which is a spoonerism of Madstone Rage, something specific to the game. Some honorable mentions include Szass Blammymatazz, Cashmoney Hundredaire, Opposites Werewolves, and Manhattan Sidewinder.

A lot of those referenced are from Metalocalypse.

docSpitfire

Jun 13, 2011
chris11246 said:
ArchEvilAngel said:
A friend of mine related a story to me of one of his adventures.

DM: You enter the room and see a gazebo sitting in the center.
Player: Does it notice us?
DM: No...it's a gazebo.
Player: I walk up a bit closer. Does it notice me?
DM: No, it's a gazebo.
Player: I move up next to it. Does it notice me?
DM: No, it's a ****ing gazebo!
Player: I stab it with my sword, does it notice me?
DM: *facepalm* Yes, it notices you. The Great Gazebo Gods bring it to life and it crushes you. Roll a level one character.
Either this is a well known story or you know my DM cuz thats pretty much what he told me happened to a friend of his.
This is a very popular internet story.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_and_the_Gazebo

so popular in fact it is the origin of the Gazebo enemy in Munchkin that gamblerjoe mentioned.

and this url is for the full story including the "but that was a +3 arrow" line that both you left out of yours versions :p
http://www.dndadventure.com/html/articles/gaming_stories.html

as for a story of my own, our group had gotten ambushed by an invisible attacker, I realize now we were playing the invisibility rules slightly wrong now but didn't know that at the time, nor would it have had a significant effect on the outcome other than I would probably have killed the thing before this happened.

Anyway, ninja reduces me to negative and I bleed out until I'm at -7 or so, group member zaps me with clw wand and rolls max health so I'm up with +2hp and it's my turn and I have no idea where the ninja is... "oooooh eff that, i'm getting out of here... I run away down the street yelling for guards!"
(I move my mini one square on the map in the direction I'm fleeing)
"You provoke an attack of opportunity you take 10 damage..." (those playing along at home that puts me at -8) fortunately with the clw wand they only needed one more round to kill the enemy and they wanded me at -9 to stabilize.

DOOMGUY '93

Aug 15, 2011
I was playing and we had three rich guys (2 npcs, 1 player) who were the biggest A-holes this side of jupiter, and me and my mates pissed this wizard off who cast some spell or another that no lie made the tree richies a human centipede. and all that was left was a Spike armor clad warrior/engineer smartass (me) a archatect/wizard with an ego, and a rogue, all staring at a rich people centipede.

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
I have a few.

The party sorcerer being the genius he is walked into a room filled with potions and drank them all then soon after died due to the potions. The DM was kind and let him come back to life, when he did he drank 1 because he though it was all the conflicting potions that killed him...he stayed dead.

Again the sorcerer takes a sock and makes it into a sock puppet due to his high bluff and the parties low sense motive score we ended up believing him when he said "This is Tyrone he knows everything in the world" I ended up flying off with it to put it on a roof never to be seen again.

Our Cleric being the shining example of what it means to be a support class suddenly left during a dungeon to go knit...I'm not talking about real life I'm talking about in game.

Again with the cleric, she thought that this pendulum she had IRL was magic and told her what she should do when we dangled it and said yes or no depending on how it moved while she held it mid-air. she thought "HEY THIS WILL WORK IN GAME" it didn't she tried to make it and the DM told her "This pendulum is not magic and never will be." she still followed it's advice (She's kicked out now so I'm glad about that.)

Wieke

Quite Dutch.
Mar 30, 2009
Gamblerjoe said:
chris11246 said:
Well the two I have were told to me by my DM

So one time in a game he was playing, one of the people apparently didnt know what a gazebo was and rolled to look around and the DM says,
"You see a gazebo in the distance." To which he replies,
"What does it look like... Is it an aggressive gazebo?"
DM:"It looks like a gazebo...".
Guy:"I... shoot the gazebo with an arrow" and rolls
DM:"Ok you hit the gazebo"
Guy:"How much damage did I do?"
DM:"None its a gazebo"
Guy:"uhh... I run at it and attack it with my sword." and rolls
DM:"You hit the gazebo again."
Guy:"How much damage did I do?"
DM:"None its a gazebo."
Guy:"Uhh, I run"

I can only imagine how hard it must have been for the rest of the party to not crack up during that.
In munchkin you can fight a gazebo. Actually you can fight one in DnD too. Inanimate objects all have HP and harness based on whatever material they are made out of. Thats how you handle breaking down doors and walls, as well as sunder attempts. If the DM is nice, they will allow construct bane weapons to work on them. Also, cannons (if they exist) can crit objects.
It's a quite well known story, it even has it's own Wikipedia page.

Wikipedia - Eric and the Gazebo [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_and_the_Gazebo]

Can't remember the details of our D&D shenanigans, also lately we're a fairly serious group (we try our best to reduce the in-game sillyness, with mixed results). Though we have this running joke where we try to obtain/build a horse drawn carriage and pimp it A-team style. Many time it has been suggested as a possible course of action, much to our DM's dismay.

cthulhuspawn82

Oct 16, 2011
This story is D&D related, but about something that happened out of game.

There was a gaming shop in the mall where we used to all go to play D&D every Saturday. One week, a kid came into the shop and stole a set of 3rd edition books. Security caught him in the mall and took him back to the shop. He claimed the books were his and suggested that maybe we took the books off the shelf.

Unfortunately for him, this was the one week we actually decided to play Vampire and we had left all our D&D books at home.

MegadudeTx2

Aug 11, 2011
During my first game I summoned a giant Pudding. I don't exactly know how it happened but three 21 rolls in a row were involved.
The Pudding now shows up every time I'm in danger, absorbs enemies into itself, and then self-destructs for massive damage.

Also, same game, I kept rolling for stupid things like opening doors. I ended up getting better rolls than I did during combat, so while I was a terrible fighter I opened doors SO FUCKING HARD

Princess Rose

Jul 10, 2011
LarenzoAOG said:
Two stories come to mind. One is more meta, but still...

I was running a high level game. I had this enemy - a bard, with a prestige class that made him an effective blaster. He could also disguise his spells.

He did a performance in front of the party - spent it casting all his buffs, preparing for the battle that was to follow. For his finale, he dropped an attack on the party.

The party blaster dodged. Then she stood up and hit him with her most powerful, meta-magic enhanced attack spell. The bard was slain out-right. The party blaster took a bow, then sat down.

And the audience applauded, thinking it was all part of the show.

Another time, we'd been playing all day. We finished an encounter, some falling action, and the party went to sleep in the camp. I looked at my laptop and saw that it was 3:11 AM.

"So," I said, "It's three AM."

"What happens?" one of the players asked.

I paused, momentarily confused. Then I said. "No, I mean, it's actually three AM. Sleep?"

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
What follows...is the reason you either want or DON'T want to play D&D with very sick-minded individuals.

To make it easy for us to determine what magic items were without the need to waste slots on Identify, our DM decided to place inscriptions on the items. The conversation at one point...went like this...

DM: You find a rod.
Us: *already starting to snicker*
Me: Any inscriptions?
DM: It shows an inscription of someone lying down and then suddenly erect.

We didn't stop laughing for about half an hour.

CAPTCHA: Lodges, dpassio

Lodges, a dpassio please. Some cream with an extra shot.

OrokuSaki

Nov 15, 2010
I used to play a game with my father as dm, my brother, cousin, and friend were characters. And myself of course.

My father made the mistake of letting us buy our starting equipment. Except my father gave us maximum starting money, but made it conditional that we could only have 5 gold after we were done buying equipment. My cousin, having 15 gold, searched the player's handbook for something to spend 10 gold on when he had an epiphany.

A pigeon in version 3.5 is worth one copper piece. He calculated that he could buy 1,000 pigeons for 10 gold. So expressed his brilliant plan to train his army of pigeons to shit on command and send them to distract his enemies. Needless to say my father didn't allow him to buy a pigeon army. But we all had a laugh as he enthusiastically explained his plan to us.

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
Princess Rose said:
LarenzoAOG said:
Two stories come to mind. One is more meta, but still...

I was running a high level game. I had this enemy - a bard, with a prestige class that made him an effective blaster. He could also disguise his spells.

He did a performance in front of the party - spent it casting all his buffs, preparing for the battle that was to follow. For his finale, he dropped an attack on the party.

The party blaster dodged. Then she stood up and hit him with her most powerful, meta-magic enhanced attack spell. The bard was slain out-right. The party blaster took a bow, then sat down.

And the audience applauded, thinking it was all part of the show.

Another time, we'd been playing all day. We finished an encounter, some falling action, and the party went to sleep in the camp. I looked at my laptop and saw that it was 3:11 AM.

"So," I said, "It's three AM."

"What happens?" one of the players asked.

I paused, momentarily confused. Then I said. "No, I mean, it's actually three AM. Sleep?"
The first one made me smirk, the second one make me laugh.

zane224

Mar 26, 2010
We started the game at 5th level, but the GM gave us a very nice gift: we could have one thing to start that was worth a rediculous amount of money for free. One person picked awesome armor, the fighter got a really cool sword, and I picked the Spell Glibness permanent. (+30 to conversational Bluff checks) I made the character a pathological liar, and everything he said was true to him the moment it was uttered.

In a different game, at 3rd level I received a bag of holding, which is always awesome! I used it all the time. I stored everything in it; loot, weapons, gold, even furniture. It was the best bag of holding ever! The campaign concluded at level 17. After the final boss was killed, world saved, heroes retire in a peaceful town and the credits roll the GM turns to me and says "Oh, one final thing: GOD DAMMIT!!!" and shakes his fist angrily at me. ME:"What?" GM:"You used F-ing bag ALL the F-ing time and never, not even ONCE did it ever roll under 60% to grab you!" ME: "....it was a bag of devouring?" GM: "YES!" ME: "... then what about the chance per hour of eating what was inside it? I had stuff in that thing for years!" GM:"....(Long pause)... son of a...."

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Boy...I wish I was involved in the campaigns my friend's father was playing in. So, I wasn't in this, but it was a laugh riot all the same when he told me about it.

Apparently they were rolling to see what special abilities the magic items were getting and something VERY weird was happening. Nearly every other item they got had the special ability "Detects Slopes and Grading". It was as if they were getting a cache of Dwarven items throughout the entire campaign. It had actually got to the point whenever they found another one it was like "Throw it on the pile!"

Of course there was another reason I wish I had gotten into those campaigns. See...my friend's father's campaigns? The DM was none other...

...than Dave Arneson, one of the co-creators of D&D. He was actualy a friend of my friend's father! If THAT doesn't qualify as geek cred, NOTHING does!

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
We were going through a large underground base of thieves, and every single door we opened led to a hallway. We were getting pretty upset. Our support fighter kept wanting to check for traps, but after finding none we gave up. He still said check for traps about every two moves. So we get to a trap door, and he's like "check for traps" Dm says "really?" "No i'm just joking, I open it" "There is a massive explosion....
So we were getting angry, finding absolutely nothing. We find a room full of training dummies and our fighter says "I cleave a dummy in half"
"Which dummy?"
"does it matter?"
"just pick one"
"the one closest to me" does his rolls, it's a natural 20 and DM says "you hear a blood curdling scream as you cut the thief hiding in the dummy clean in two." Well shit.
Also I carried around a giant stuffed centipede with me.

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
Another good one.
Our party got trapped under an island lair, we were looking for a way out, for our entrance was closed on us. We thought there was a way to swim out, but none of us were good enough to swim it. We opted for breaking down a ceiling in a side room, and all almost died in the process. Later in the game, we were taking some major damage, so I dug through my bag, found an unknown potion so I said I'd drink it. Dm flips though his book takes a pause chuckles, and says "You feel like you can swim really well."

Legendairy314

Aug 26, 2010
I've got a few. Our DM may be new but he knows how to make it fun, interesting, and balanced.

1. During one of our earlier adventures we discovered a town called Splorf. In this town was a cult that was lobotomizing the town into very "happy" citizens. These citizens saw anything unhappy as a blight that must be made happy at all costs. At one point our fighter knocked onto the door to a house and a small child answered. He decided to smack her (For some reason. I forget why) and the DM had him roll a strength check. He botched and killed her. At the end of it all he was captured and forced to marry a (admittedly attractive) women while also under the lobotomy affect. Reversing it didn't change the marriage and he ended up even having a kid with the women. Unfortunately the child was a stillbirth and FAR too many jokes about it were made.

2. During another adventure there was a town called Hasslehoff (Yep). In the town our female elf cleric won a weightlifting competition, our fighter became renowned for his duel against a half-orc barbarian who beat him before in the arena, and we visited an island that got us all captured and got us taken to another country. During this point in time our Bard had not followed us and was looking for a way to find out where we went. He visited the island but the bandits who captured us were gone and his boat had sunk. A crazy conspiracy theorist ended up visiting the island looking for aliens and let the Bard borrow the boat as long as he brought back some of his equipment. We have no idea what happened to him thanks to the boat sinking again and our Bard being too lazy to go back.

3. During a rebel occupation we were in the barricaded city that we frequented. Two of our party members had joined the rebels so that they could rescue another one of us that got captured. When they tried to escape only one of them got away and our elven ranger was captured. The rebels had begun using biological warfare against the city and had more plans for our compatriot. They injected him with a plague, loaded him into a catapult, and launched him into the city. He is now in a grave covered up to his neck in dirt with a cage above it preventing him from escaping. This next week we'll find out if we can find a cure before he perishes.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
This was years ago, in the mid-late 90s. Back when there was THACO and -10 to 10 AC.

Our party consisted of

Bloodsea Minotaur Fighter/Cleric
And his brother, a Fighter/Wizard (me)
We usually didn't allow more than one character but to round out of the party we decided to let it go. It was fun and a little challenging to try and play them as different beings with different minds and personalities but it worked out.

My favorite characters I've ever played, they were Chaotic Good and generally good natured but many people reacted to them with fear or prejudice. Sometimes they had to wait outside of towns because the guards refused to let him in. A few times their large size and weight led to creative alternatives such as when they were too heavy for this rickety old rope bridge.

Elven Ranger (my bro)
Generally the leader and spokesperson for the group

Human Fighter (buddy)
A guy who loves his booze and was a bit unpredictable and loved bar fights.

Half-Elven Fighter/Thief with Weretiger Lycanthropy (I think she got it in Ravenloft or somesuch)

A few events that come to mind that were memorable.. First is when we were all let into this town for the night to rest up before we were heading out to some old ruined fort we found earlier and suspected might be the cause of some troubles the area had been having.

The human fighter gets wasted (again) in the town bar and starts a big bar brawl while the rest of us were in our rooms. He found some big guy in the tavern and said, while leaving out some of the spicier details something to the effect of "Tell your mom to stop changing lipsticks so often, I'm getting a rainbow around my *blank*!" So the guy go berserk and attacks him, they break chairs, glasses, tables. Eventually the town guard comes and arrests him and a few other people and take them to jail. We had plans to leave the next day and the guards said a week in the slammer would sober them up. I believe everyone in the party was chaotic in alignment and we decided while, illegal, it would be better to break him out of prison and just leave rather than let the problems in the area go for another week. We wait awhile for things to calm down and sneak into the prison. The guard is asleep, but we couldn't find the keys. We creep over to the cell our buddy is in and the Half-Elf starts to lockpick. The fighter wakes up, and walks over to wait at the door and ends up drunkenly falling over and faceplanting into the gate which awakes the guard.

Our Elven leader is like, you dumbass drunk we almost had you out of there! So I say I quickly grab the bars and bend with all my might. A solid roll (and being a very strong Minotaur) the DM says the bars resist for a moment, then bend outward sure enough. However, not nearly enough for the 6'4" man to get through. So I say this is going to get messy and start doing rolls for jerking on the door along with the Elven ranger and the fighter on the other side. The Half-Elf throws sand from a bag into the guards face, throws the table into him and runs out to join the Fighter/Wizard standing watch out side. (didn't have knock memorized)

The gate breaks free about the time the guard is getting back up and cleaned his eyes(he had already screamed in alarm) so the Fighter/Cleric stomps up to him and intimidates the guard saying not to waste his life pointlessly, he easily cowers to the massive beast before him. I demand his keys and he produces them. I open another cell and toss him in saying I just want you to know I have the utmost respect for the law (a line Cmdr. Riker used in Star Trek) The Elf gags him, I say please trust it's for a good reason and toss him a little money as an apology then lock him in and put the keys under the table and ran out.

The Rogue says they can hear people coming, we're still fairly far from an exit. Fighter/Wiz says they look around for flammable objects that are somewhat isolated, he finds a stable nearby. So he chases the horses out, and sets it ablaze. It's far enough from other objects the fire shouldn't spread. We take to ally ways and start running. Presumably the fire attracted the attention and caused enough commotion that we escaped, casually walked by the entrance guards at the far side of town who had no idea anything was amiss. We made it, although we wouldn't be welcome there any time soon.

We get to the fort, and to skip a lot of stuff we enter what looked like a large dining hall that was burned out. With upwards of 18 very old burnt animated skeletons. The room is very large so many rounds go by with people using ranged weapons, the wizard conserving spells. We killed maybe 7 or 8 of them when they start getting a little close. Thief says "Turn them, they're getting close!" F/C says "Not yet, they'll scatter." she says "So?" (DM played that character very will while doing the other stuff for the adventure and described things quite well.) I ask him how close the skeletons are to each other, and he says being mindless they're all just mostly walking in a strait line towards you (being the nearest player) and are "all pretty well bunched up in a line." I say "I hunch forward and start digging at the ground with my right hoof" And the Fighter says (more sober now) "OH shit he's gonna do it!" Rogue says "This I gotta see" and I start a good old minotaur bull charge towards the skellies. Fighter is yelling "YEAH! YEAH! BABY DO IT!" and a few good rolls later, he successfully plows through almost all of the skellies, obliterating most. Taking some damage, but well worth it. A few of them started to stand back up but were quickly dispatched by the others who started charging shortly after. We were all laughing and the DM says he can't believe how well that worked out.

Shortly thereafter we found a partially burned wooden chest that I searched thoroughly but found nothing. So just screwing around I say "Dammit! Nothing!" And throw the chest against a nearby wall. DM does a series of rolls. So I'm like okay maybe I going to get a splinter in the eye or something.. He says "the chest explodes into shards of wood, several of which fly towards the Ranger but he shields his face with his arm and is unhurt." The Fighter shouts "Who's the dumbass now!" Then the Ranger says to the F/C "Careful you big cow! I could of lost an eye!" Then the DM pauses for a sec, as if remembering something and does another roll. He says "You see but a tiny deck of cards lying in the debris, apparently there was a hidden compartment in the chest that you missed."

So I'm like hot damn, this is going to be interesting. Me the player thinking, that knowing that DM, that was probably a Deck of Many Things. However my character didn't know of any of that, so he pulled out a card at random just as the Elf Ranger and the F/W says "Wait!!".. Too late, though. Nothing seemed to happen so he says "What? See? It's all good.. Nothing." At random intervals later I pulled a few more cards out, tempting fate. In the end the effects were:

Charisma Raised to 18 and gained a small keep
Lost soul to a powerful undead being, would have to defeat it to get it back.
Gained services of a Bronze Dragon

Crazy stuff, but sadly not long after I ended up moving away and we never got to finish. Always more funny when you are there, but it was good times.