Anyone here played "Let it Die"

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
I did and I personally think is a fun little game. Think of it as if Dark Souls was a Rogue lite and if it was made by the same studio who did "No more Heroes" or "Killer is dead" so expect a lot of wacky stuff. The game isn't perfect however, you do have to grind a lot and the storage system kinda sucks but hey its a pretty fun "free to play" game

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
PapaGreg096 said:
I did and I personally think is a fun little game. Think of it as if Dark Souls was a Rogue lite and if it was made by the same studio who did "No more Heroes" or "Killer is dead" so expect a lot of wacky stuff. The game isn't perfect however, you do have to grind a lot and the storage system kinda sucks but hey its a pretty fun "free to play" game
I got around to downloading it today and I was actually wondering if anyone had gotten around to testing the waters.

It certainly seems interesting and now that I've read comparisons to Dark Souls and No More Heroes, I'm excited to jump right in.

One question though: Does it have multiplayer functions like in Dark Souls or is it separate from a main, solo experience?

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
CrimsonBlaze said:
One question though: Does it have multiplayer functions like in Dark Souls or is it separate from a main, solo experience?

When you die, you leave behind a copy of your guy, called a "Hater" with all your equipped gear and stuff. This can appear in your own Tower or anyone elses. Sort of an AI invader, since you can get stuff from players it kills.

That latter point is kind of an issue, since much like Dark Souls, there's starting to be an influx of invaders in the early area that are using equipment that way outclasses a new player.

DeadProxy

Sep 15, 2010
Seth Carter said:
CrimsonBlaze said:

When you die, you leave behind a copy of your guy, called a "Hater" with all your equipped gear and stuff. This can appear in your own Tower or anyone elses. Sort of an AI invader, since you can get stuff from players it kills.

That latter point is kind of an issue, since much like Dark Souls, there's starting to be an influx of invaders in the early area that are using equipment that way outclasses a new player.
That issue is the very reason I gave up on the game.
I left a somewhat lengthy post in the announcement thread in the news section about my experience and can sum up the issue pretty easily.
It's as if you're getting invaded EVERY time you play the game, every 5-10 minutes, depending on how quickly you can go through levels. I never went past level 1 because I was immediately met with max level starter characters (25), who could take out all my health in a single combo that you can very easily get locked into. I expected the same situation on level 2 and never even bothered trying it out.

It's a shame, because if it wasn't for that horrible feature, it'd be a pretty good soul's clone, but because "invasions" are a thing, people are going to abuse it as much as possible. Also, it is grindy as fuck, and it's inventory use system is garbage, cause you gotta swipe the touchpad to change items and it's not reliable at all.

Xabasto

Dec 12, 2016
Seth Carter said:
CrimsonBlaze said:

Well, they're not really "invaders". They're basically miniboss enemies that fight harder and smarter than most others, not player-controlled entities out to ruin your day. Invasions in this game are... Something different.

If you're having trouble getting past some overleveled scrub between you and the escalator, look around for mushrooms. I've noticed that Boomshrooms (Do not eat) tend to grow on floors with leveled haters, and deal enough damage to at least let them be finished off with a rage move or two. Failing that, you can always head back to the starting escalator to return to the waiting room, bank your rewards, level up, and try again. I've actually been farming them for early SPLithium, since the floor 1 spawn is so vulnerable to splash damage.