Anyone know any video games with similar Gunplay to Max Payne 3?

Ronaldo_

Feb 23, 2024
Country
Canada
Doesn't necessarily need to be third person, but should have bullet-time, high precision accuracy, and strong/diverse level design. I've already been recommended John Wu's Stranglehold and FEAR, but other requests are appreciated.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
I dunno if this will be met with an eyeroll followed by a "not at all what I meant", but: how about SUPERHOT? Though that did not have a great variety in aesthetics.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Last of Us 2 and Resident Evil 4 (either version) are my other favourite shooters. Neither have bullet time, though and the former is sadly console exclusive.

You might also want to give Read Dead Redemption 2 a try, its combat is a bit slower paced but it does have something like bullet time.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Hm, also the clear answer would be: Max Payne 2, hehe.

Which brings me to: Man, i loved the old Max Payne games, but i stopped playing Max Payne 3 after the first 2-3 Hours. I should try it again sometimes.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I should try it again sometimes.
Yes. You should. Especially after James McCaffery's passing.

Doesn't necessarily need to be third person, but should have bullet-time, high precision accuracy, and strong/diverse level design. I've already been recommended John Wu's Stranglehold and FEAR, but other requests are appreciated.
Vanquish. The game is out on modern platforms and PC.

Hong Kong Massacre is a unique one where it's cross between Max Payne and Hotline Miami.

If you have a 360 or PS3 laying around, or have decently rigged PC: try Wanted: Weapons of Fate.

Last edited:

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Maximum Action

Severed Steel