Anyone on iOS using Firefox mobile browser?

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Wondering if anyone has issues with it running choppy and freezing after the latest update. I uninstalled/reinstalled on 15.7.1and it’s no different. It’s annoying enough to want to switch, but Safari has its own issues and I’m not exactly sold in Chrome either.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Wondering if anyone has issues with it running choppy and freezing after the latest update. I uninstalled/reinstalled on 15.7.1and it’s no different. It’s annoying enough to want to switch, but Safari has its own issues and I’m not exactly sold in Chrome either.
I think the browsers on iOS are just like Safari shells so it's not really Firefox or Chrome or whatever. I guess you'd have to install a browser from outside the store for an actually different browser. Can you even install apps from outside the store on iOS?

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I think the browsers on iOS are just like Safari shells so it's not really Firefox or Chrome or whatever. I guess you'd have to install a browser from outside the store for an actually different browser. Can you even install apps from outside the store on iOS?
Never tried but guessing with Apple’s guidelines they wouldn’t be supported.

Florime

Sep 22, 2021
Country
USA
I used Firefox on a Windows PC until 2021. After that, the browser began to work incorrectly, because it constantly froze or took a very long time to load pages. At first I thought that I had problems with the Internet or that the sites themselves were slow, but the problem turned out to be the Firefox browser itself. For example, I used the 24/7 website speed monitoring service, which showed that the site loads in 3.7 seconds. This was true when I opened the site through Opera or Chrome. But Firefox loaded the site in 14 seconds!

Reactions: BrawlMan