Anything you're tired of hearing/saying?

Siiner

Jul 18, 2008
My orrigional name was Patrick Roehrs. I got so many mispellings of my last name and starfish jokes at my first name that I eventually changed it.

Teraj

Mar 28, 2009
"shotgun"
when people try to make something their own
grr
half the people who use it don't even know it means the front seat
so irritating

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I get sick of my family telling me I should lose weight when they are not so thin themselves and I am not even that big!

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
TheTygerfire said:
My name is Nathan, and I'm really tired of hearing my name being said as "Nathaniel". Then, when I correct the people that say that, I get treated like I'm coping an attitude or being smart. I'm sorry but to me, calling me Nathaniel is the same as calling me Steve. It's not my name, and I'm going to correct you. It doesn't happen often but Jesus it irritates me to no end.
My name is Lyta (like "lee-ta"), but people stumble on these four letters and call me "Lie-ta." It kills me. I also correct them. I don't get the attitude responce, however.

Also, anything involving "lol." I get so fed up with internet redardation sometimes. I have no tollerance for idiocy-- and this isn't even some kinda elitism. I plain cannot tollerate morons, and the whole "lolwut" idioms of the internet really give me a headache.

Eskay

Sep 2, 2007
"I'm just saying"

Pointless irritating phrase, usually used by arsey self righteous people who are doing far more than just saying something.

imperialwar

Jun 17, 2008
I can relate to the name thing: Birth Certificate reads Ben Adam. People calling me Benjamin usually find out first hand what life support feels like.

Mine goes to my boss: You arent doing your job, and if you keep going there wont be a job.
Me: Ok so what am i not doing according to you ?
Him: that's not the point.
Yeah lots of fun.

Oh, and yeah, im sick of talking about the weather... surely you have something of more substance to talk to me about !!

BlackKraken

Apr 4, 2009
lolwut? i liek dunt unnerstan dis shite innit lololololol11!

ok, so that was a bastard thing to do to piss off Firia.
But its illustrative of the sort of thing that pisses me off, when someone intentionally says something THEY KNOW annoys you, because it annoys you.

JamminOz07

Nov 19, 2008
TheTygerfire said:
My name is Nathan, and I'm really tired of hearing my name being said as "Nathaniel". Then, when I correct the people that say that, I get treated like I'm coping an attitude or being smart. I'm sorry but to me, calling me Nathaniel is the same as calling me Steve. It's not my name, and I'm going to correct you. It doesn't happen often but Jesus it irritates me to no end.
I hate getting called Jesus :)

haha, sorry Steve, I mean Nathan. If someone insists on calling you by not your name, I dunno what you can do... see it as a sign of endearment? Man, I forget people's names all the time, I'd be all like "Hi there..... mate". I must say I'm a shocker for giving people nicknames that they might not actually like.. but I still do it, and I'm afraid that the more they protest, the worse it gets. You have to fight back one way or another... preferably with wit.

Excelcior

Aug 10, 2008
"Peace operation"

Apparently it's forbidden to call a war a war nowadays, it's all "peace operation" this and "peacekeeping" that. Why, damnit? How many wars have there been that weren't supposed to bring some sort of 'peace' in the end, so why are the things the UN do more 'peacey' than others?

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
There is a street in the city I live in which sounds almost like my last name, but is written completely different. It's so annoying to correct people every time they have to write down my full name...

Ace Jackson

May 15, 2008
Whenever people mispronounce my last name which isn't even that hard to pronounce in the first place, I get a bit perturbed. Or if people who have never met me before and have only seen a form or something call me William instead of Will. William sounds a little snobbish. Not as bad as when they call me Bill, though. Euch.....

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
drkotaku said:
I'm tired of people saying 'its not my fault' when I hound them on an online game for having a ping of 700 when they live in Australia and are connecting to a Uk server!
Er, you don't live in Australia, how would you know whether it's their fault or not? Like my good brother-from-another-continent MontyGommo has said, we poor South Pacificans barely get any servers, and I bet many other countries surrounding us and some that don't experience the same. Have you tried playing Call of Duty 4 in New Zealand? No? You don't want to. It's as choppy as a sushi chef with a psychopathic streak, and twice as rage-inducing.

/rage

drkotaku

Oct 22, 2008
Tattaglia said:
drkotaku said:
I'm tired of people saying 'its not my fault' when I hound them on an online game for having a ping of 700 when they live in Australia and are connecting to a Uk server!
Er, you don't live in Australia, how would you know whether it's their fault or not? Like my good brother-from-another-continent MontyGommo has said, we poor South Pacificans barely get any servers, and I bet many other countries surrounding us and some that don't experience the same. Have you tried playing Call of Duty 4 in New Zealand? No? You don't want to. It's as choppy as a sushi chef with a psychopathic streak, and twice as rage-inducing.

/rage
To be fair if you had the greatest server in the world in Australia you would be screaming when us Brits connect only to cause your smooth fun game into a lag/cheatfest where one person takes 16x the ammo to die because their lagging.

I mean if I connect to a server in another country and find my ping over the 400s I shut it off and play it single/offline/something else. It's called 'not being a the guy everyone wishes just would kill themselves rather then try to play'.

drkotaku

Oct 22, 2008
MontyGommo said:
drkotaku said:
To be fair, a lot of the time we don't have much choice.
That's true for some games (ie Mabinogi is for north america only). However if you're living in Australia then surely American servers are closer then the European!?!

And as I said before, my op is if your ping is over 500 you should quit out and PLAY SOMETHING ELSE! {or the 'I wont run over to you and pee on your shoes, please dont do it to me' stance on lifes phoibles :p}

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
I'm tired of hearing:

'This thread has been done before, like use the search button wow I'm such an authority on these boards yeah for me'

'halo sucks.'
'no it doesnt you're stupid.'
'you're stupid'

'xbox is gay'
'ps3 is gay'
'you idiots should get pcs then you can mod your games and be way cooler'

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
My last name is a simple S-H-A-P. It is pronounced exactly how it looks. It is always written down however in one of these ways:
Schap
Schapp
Scharp
Sharp
Sharpe

I mean, its not that hard!

Frizzle

Nov 11, 2008
"Green"

If you use that to, in any way, relate something's environmental friendliness, I hope you die in a horrible hot fire while being attacked by man-eating locusts.

I can't believe I got that accross without cursing. I hate that word so much as it's used today.
Eskay said:
"I'm just saying"

Pointless irritating phrase, usually used by arsey self righteous people who are doing far more than just saying something.
I won't lie, I say that all the time, but usually just to make sure that the 'implication' of what I was saying, gets to the recipient. I.E. You might not want to be doing that when the boss comes in, I'm just saying...

sam13lfc

Oct 29, 2008
"NYAAAH killing dogs in CoD:WaW is inhumane! Stop it you barbarians!"

SHUT THE F*** UP YOU SADDOS AND SAVE THE REAL DOGS <-- Me

PETA and such organisations drive me mad.

Crowghast

Aug 29, 2008
My mental faculties are taxed to their limits when I hear people attempt to talk me into doing something that I have already, plainly and simply, told them I will [i\]not[/i] do.

Even my serious tone and crossed arms [i\]never[/i] works.

"You should try-"

"No, I want what I ordered."

"Yea, but-"

"No. If you continue to insist, you will be losing 20% of your tip."

This goes on for a very long time.

One thing I want to hear myself stop saying would have to be "yea."

It's a nervous tick, I think, most of my phrases contain "yea" at the beginning, end, middle, or perforated around my sentences elsewhere.

(I even mutter it to myself...)

queensbomb

Feb 10, 2009
I have a bunch.

"Well that's just your opinion."
No shit...

"It takes one to know one."
So you agree with me?

"You know what I'm saying?"
Not really...

"We cool?"
No.