APB Artist Sets Up New Companies

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
APB Artist Sets Up New Companies

It's pretty much business as usual for former Realtime Worlds lead character artist, Jimmy O'Ready, except now he's his own boss.

Character designer O'Ready has wasted no time after the demise of APB, and has set up two new art companies in Dundee. The first is called Montynero Characters and the second is called Montynero Concept Art, and they're geared specifically towards providing high quality game art.

O'Ready has worked on character design and customization for RTW and for EA, and says it's something that he enjoys doing. He also worked as a concept artist for years before transitioning to 3D and a management role. He said that he wanted to set his companies up in Dundee because it's a "great city" and "full of talent."

The character customization in APB was one of the few parts of the game that won praise from most quarters, and O'Ready thought that the work that he and his team did was a valuable asset for the game. He described the failure of APB as a "shock," and said that he thought delays in crucial areas had meant that the game had "missed its moment." Hopefully, O'Ready's newest venture will go a little more smoothly.

Source: GamesIndustry [http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2010-09-23-apbs-lead-character-artist-open-new-start-ups]

Dec 14, 2009
Good for him. If anything, APB at least looked nice and shiny. It'll be cool to see where his work will take him.

SushiJaguar

Sep 12, 2010
Bugger it that Crackdown 3 will never happen either. See, this is where I could go on a huge rant and completely denounce the economy and hopefully make it realise how fucked up it is, but I won't. I feel no urge to light my cigarette on the flame populace.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
At least someone escaped from that train wreck of a game unharmed.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
mikozero said:
i can barely write for laughing at the pimping of Dundee...

Q. Two Dundonians jump off a cliff. Who wins?
A. Society.

Q. What does a Dundee girl use as protection during sex?
A. A bus shelter.

Q. What do you call a 30 year old Dundee girl?
A. Granny.

Q. Why did the Dundee girl cross the road?
A. To start a fight with a complete stranger for no reason whatsoever.

Q. What do you call a Dundee girl in a white tracksuit?
A. The bride.

Q. What's the first question during a Dundee quiz night?
A. What you looking at?

Q. Two Dundee kids in a car without any music - who is driving?
A. The policeman.

Q. What's the difference between a Dundee boy and an Dundee girl?
A. A Dundee girl has a higher sperm count.

Q. What's the most confusing day in Dundee ?
A. Fathers day
and so on...
lol what.

What is wrong with Dundee? Im not from there or anywhere near so I dont know. Does it have a high crime rate?

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
josemlopes said:
What is wrong with Dundee? Im not from there or anywhere near so I dont know. Does it have a high crime rate?
If your American, its like New Jersey with added rain, a lot added rain.

Wodan

Feb 8, 2010
As the art in the game was the only thing that was done really well, I bet this guy will be OK. Entrepreneurship FTW!

nolongerhere

Winter is coming.
Nov 19, 2008
mikozero said:
josemlopes said:
lol what.

it's not a very nice place. infamously they charge you to get out of the "city" (the only real route out is huge road bridge with a toll)

see all the money in Scotland is in the central belt with internationally known citys Glasgow in the west and Edinburgh in the east. Stirling and Falkirk in the middle and loads of small towns in between. then you have Aberdeen in the far North with the oil industry.

in between Aberdeen and the central belt on the firth of tay you have Dundee. which has...Dundee.

Actually, charging you to leave the city is a smart move. After all, the best thing about Dundee is the road out of it.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well at least someone is doing alright - Glad to see at the veryl east

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
burntheartist said:
"It's pretty much business as usual for former Realtime Worlds lead character artist, Jimmy O'Ready, expect now he's his own boss."

EXCEPT- Yer header be killin' muh pirate eyes! Argh..
Well at least somebody else noticed! I usually don't mind but this is a pretty glaring mistake.