Apocalypse Lane: Episode 41: Piss Poor Plans and a Dead Priest

Toar

Nov 13, 2009
Yeah Stinky!

I hope when this story arch is over that you guys keep the show going... you know, random episodes. Otherwise, keep'a'doin' what ya'll are'a doin'!

Anticitizen_Two

Jan 18, 2010
Amazing episode! Good to know the Rooster is real, and good to know we'll still see it and Hickey. Also, STINKY'S BACK! YES! He looks weird now though...

Dak_N_Jaxter

Oct 23, 2009
The Rooster talking to someone else, I so saw that coming, but Hicky showing up and Stinky attatching to Pete. That got me. Great show guys. To think it just seemed like another cartoon with funny bits in it, but now its easily as good as anything on TV.

Stone Cold Monkey

Mar 5, 2008
On the scale of D.I.Y. entertainment, Apocalypse Lane has always been pretty good. The creators have a fairly coherent plot that moves forward (as compared to many other web shows). This show rarely becomes side tracked with jokes that completely derail the story. The story has an obvious direction with good pacing that takes the audience with it. Quite a feat, given few other shows on the Escapist have accomplished this.

The cast is fun. Unfortunately, the death Hickey is due to the main cast becoming a little to large to work with. I suggest moving some the cast back to their secondary roles, or split the cast up into groups to prevent this snowball effect of everyone in the show literally being in the same room. It was refreshing that writers fleshed back stories for many of the characters, even if they were a bit silly. This should have been done more in the first season to allow the audience to get to know them better during the introduction of the show, but I realize the writers were still fleshing out what they wanted from the story as well.

This episode is prime example of what works for this show, and I personally would like it continuing in this direction of staying on story with comedy that serves the plot with story threads kept fairly tight. Solid work.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
Why do I get the feeling that they're going to go into into the vault and there's going to actually be a unicorn that can see the future in there? Fantastic episode by the way, this show completely immerses me for 10 minutes a week and I love it. Not only is this show consistently hilarious, it keeps the plot interesting at the same time. Stinky and Big Pete sounds like a winning combination although it makes just about zero sense. I can't question sceince though.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
Does this mean when Steve drinks alcohol he'll become a 007 or a pirate?! Stinky got fat, man. He needs to lose some weight. I liked the Youtube Poop style for the Mels nails on 42 bit. I can't wait to see the next episode.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
Its almost like you guys read the forums for the last episode and was like hell instead of continuing to kill off people lets give them what they want. Loved it as usual.

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
WOW! I remember one guy saying Hicky would come back Obi Wan style, and though that's not the case, he wasn't far off, haha, that was hysterical... I love having to pause these episodes to have a "Wait, WHAT?!" moment, it's awesome that this series can still do that.

Oh, Stinky! Cool... kinda softens the blow of losing Hicky. Lol, I would agree with dmase, it's like you guys wanted to cheer us up a bit after Hicky died... well, it worked! But I must say, I've got mixed feelings about letting Stinky come back, since it may cheapen the whole death thing... fuck, who cares, Stinky's back!

Praise The Rooster!

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
Ha! I laughed my ass off at the last thing stinky said.
Someone needs to make a quote for that.

Anyway, great episode and Yay! That bird is coming back! Can't wait for the next episode.

o_O

Jul 19, 2009
...I'm glad my random theory was wrong. This is much better. :D

Now I just wonder if the vulture is gonna be in a helpful or stabby mood.

WastedHero

Jan 14, 2009
New episodes of Apocalypse Lane always seem to test my mind's ability to absorb plot twists and WTF moments. Seriously, I think it takes 15 minutes for my brain to go back to normal after watching an episode.

Oh and a funny little side note, I always had trouble spelling the word "apocalypse" before this series and just used a spell checker to correct it every time I tried to spell it, but now I've typed that word in so many times on these forums and emailing other people about this show I can spell it correctly the first time every time.

...wow that made me sound like an illiterate. Anyway, great episode.

Nincompoop

May 24, 2009
YAAAAAAAAAY! Gulliver is back! I love you guys xP!!!

This is gonna be soo f**king awesome! Can't wait!