Apocalypse Lane: Episode Three: Homeowner's Meeting

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
The big joke last week(Zoombie going on and swearing for 3 minutes) was fairly funny, but not original. I appreciate the effort the people are putting it, but its not very funny, or original.

Meh, got nothing better to do, I will keep watching in the hope it gets better.

AngelOfBlueRoses

The Cerulean Prince
Nov 5, 2008
I honestly didn't like it a lot. I was hoping that the series would get better, but if it doesn't this Friday, I'll leave it for dead.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
The jokes are predictable but there's still some laughs to be had. I wasn't expecting the cookies at the end, good little twist there and Cuddles is still a pretty good character that I want to see more of.

Communist partisan

Jan 24, 2009
It was great specaly in the end keep the crap going and ppl will be happy why complain it's great like much other stuff on the escapist so i'll keep waching'em until it stop.

SpannerMan

Nov 28, 2007
Video series like Zero Punctuation and Unskippable have set a pretty high benchmark, so its hard for new series that haven't yet had time to lay their foundations to "prove" themselves as videos worthy of displaying themselves weekly on the Escapist website.

Saying that, I must admit that so far I am struggling to see the hook in Apocalypse Lane, as it just hasn't made me laugh yet. I will keep watching until it reveals what the connection is with games (I'm guessing that its all based in the Fallout universe) and see how that changes things, but until then I hope they pack in more actual jokes (visual, spoken, whatever) into these episodes because right now they are pretty stale and barren like the world in which it is set.

londelen

Apr 15, 2009
I do enjoy it. It's really turning out to be some good stuff.

It's like a plant, see?

Cause it just grows, like a vine, getting bigger and more magnificent over time, see?

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Well, I laughed at the "sew his asshole shut" and "eating my poop" jokes, just like I laughed at the zombies censored love story last week, which shows just how sophisticated I am. Hurr hurr.

Mr. Blond

Mar 4, 2009
Abedeus said:
Meh. Laughed only at the end, with the cookies joke.

Everything else, right from the beginning, was predictable as crap.[/quotequote="cowbell40" post="6.118705.2281372"]Kinda weak, but I'll give the series time to get better.
Mykonos said:
Meh, funnier than the others.
Abedeus said:
Meh. Laughed only at the end, with the cookies joke.

Everything else, right from the beginning, was predictable as crap.
ZeroMachine said:
*sigh*

Well, I've given this show it's fair chance, and it's faultered every time.

Sorry guys, but I haven't laughed once during any of the episodes.
bunch of elitist want to point fingers at boring, predictable, and meh...look at ur post...the show is free and most of us are probably checkin this shit out while we're chillin' at work...shut up unless you have a real opinion...noone cares what you think unless it's funny or some kind of opinion that can be debated...i liked it...the punchline was great

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Mr. Blond said:
bunch of elitist want to point fingers at boring, predictable, and meh...look at ur post...the show is free and most of us are probably checkin this shit out while we're chillin' at work...shut up unless you have a real opinion...noone cares what you think unless it's funny or some kind of opinion that can be debated...i liked it...the punchline was great
Seems like someone very stupid has to learn what freedom of speech means.

I don't care if it's free/2 people made it/someone's monkey has hit the keyboard by an accident.

Shit is shit, no matter if it was made by 2 people or by 100 people. It might be just a bit bigger shit.*

*- Not saying that the show is shit. It was just a good analogy.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Abedeus said:
Mr. Blond said:

I don't care if it's free/2 people made it/someone's monkey has hit the keyboard by an accident.

Shit is shit, no matter if it was made by 2 people or by 100 people. It might be just a bit bigger shit.*

I gotta agree with Mr. Abedeus more on this one, but I can see where you are both coming from. I've seen network TV series that just completely suck *cough*realityshows*cough* but it takes a lot of people to make them.

Some of the feedback isn't constructive, I know, XD but I take them with a grain of salt. I think a show like this on a gaming website had some people thinking it was going to be game related in some way. (soon...) I hear a lot of comments like "Where are the Fallout jokes?" or " "What does this have to do with gaming?" lol :)

As this show goes on I hope it will find it's audience... like most shows do, and do very well for a weekly series voiced by 2 people and animated by one sleepy individual. Some people may not like it, but I think it will grow on others. Plus, I'm really excited about a story arc we have coming up in the near future that will make the show more "Gamer" related. ;) teeheehee

keep watchin.

-Jon Etheridge
-Creator of Apocalypse Lane

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Jon Etheridge said:
Abedeus said:
Mr. Blond said:

I gotta agree with Mr. Abedeus more on this one, but I can see where you are both coming from. I've seen network TV series that just completely suck *cough*realityshows*cough* but it takes a lot of people to make them.

Some of the feedback isn't constructive, I know, XD but I take them with a grain of salt. I think a show like this on a gaming website had some people thinking it was going to be game related in some way. (soon...) I hear a lot of comments like "Where are the Fallout jokes?" or " "What does this have to do with gaming?" lol :)

As this show goes on I hope it will find it's audience... like most shows do, and do very well for a weekly series voiced by 2 people and animated by one sleepy individual. Some people may not like it, but I think it will grow on others. Plus, I'm really excited about a story arc we have coming up in the near future that will make the show more "Gamer" related. ;) teeheehee

keep watchin.

-Jon Etheridge
I'm glad you take it with a grain of salt... I mean, Mr Blond there didn't even bother to quote the fact that I said "you have a fanbase, so keep it up." And I meant it! You guys have fans. Keep going at it. With practice, your fanbase will grow.

And his brings up the question... was anything Mr Blond said constructive? :p

Mr. Blond

Mar 4, 2009
ZeroMachine said:
Jon Etheridge said:
Abedeus said:
Mr. Blond said:

keep watchin.

-Jon Etheridge
I'm glad you take it with a grain of salt... I mean, Mr Blond there didn't even bother to quote the fact that I said "you have a fanbase, so keep it up." And I meant it! You guys have fans. Keep going at it. With practice, your fanbase will grow.

And his brings up the question... was anything Mr Blond said constructive? :p
i stand corrected...you win sirs