App Store Rejects "Uncomfortable" Sweatshop Game

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
rebus_forever said:
uncomfortable with consumers learning how their "i" device was manufactured, a more accurate description.
Congrats on being the first to say this, I know I was going to but damn. That some good ninja work XD

Yeah it's pretty obvious why this was rejected, given Apple's reputation.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Dogstile said:
PunkRex said:
As if anyone who played this would be anything but a massive ass-hole, people would just play it like a even more fucked up Dungeon Keeper. Not that I don't commend their efforts to spread awareness.
Its free to play, go give it an actual go before telling everyone who played it that they're assholes. Its actually pretty good, its level based and it's got a lot of information in there. Calling everyone who plays it assholes and comparing it to dungeon keeper without playing it is an asshole move in itself.
I actually didn't mean it that way but as im the one who worded it badly its my own fault. What I mean't was most people who played this game would proberly play it AS an ass-hole, in the same way most people in God games tend to act like dicks. Im not implying those who gave it a go are bad people.

zinho73

Feb 3, 2011
CriticalMiss said:
Wait, don't Apple have games where you kill things/people? So murder is more acceptable than the sweatshops in which their products are made.
Well, actually, yeah. Most people believe that murder is more acceptable than torture and slavery, but I got your point, just being a little bit cynical on the word play - I do agree with your general comment.

Best.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
haha this is brilliant, would love to play the game and surprised it wasn't turned down in the beginning XD

More games need to be this brilliant with showing hypocrisy

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
The Artificially Prolonged said:
rebus_forever said:
uncomfortable with consumers learning how their "i" device was manufactured, a more accurate description.
Yep sounds like Apple all right. Clean, sleek and user friendly on the outside, cheap Third World labour and censorship on the inside.

The irony with that ad is that the portrayal of the "enslaved" is exactly how people see Apple users these days.