Apparently I'm the worst kind of person on the internet.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I don't get the A to B here. "I meet a couple of criteria for a stereotype of a douchebag, so I'm a serial killer" is what it sounds like.

shrekfan246 said:
That's not what it's doing at all, though. Like, literally you are the only person making that logical jump, because it happened to be linked in a thread which was about a person who murdered other people. The picture is not being associated with murderers.
Oh, I doubt he's the only one. It would probably actually be a first.

briankoontz

May 17, 2010
To be perfectly honest, what's missing in this forum in general, what's lacking in the human beings here, is any sense of forgiveness. There's a lot of brutality, especially toward people who the self-righteous here feel have done something wrong. There's a lot of cold callousness which I believe the (largely) young males that make up this forum confuse for masculinity, but forgiveness is not to be found.

This lack of forgiveness toward oneself and others not only leads to a lot of ugly posts on The Escapist where the poster believes he is being "strong and assertive" (and noone can call him out on it since they are doing the same thing) but can lead to Nice Guy syndrome, where instead of forgiveness being used as a way to ease social relations with oneself and with women the Nice Guy takes a besieged mentality where his niceness is both the core of his being and the root of his problems.

Nice Guys and forum posters share an inability to admit their own ignorance and limitations, preferring to make statements that fit with the tribal creed (which Nice Guys can't fully do, since they believe that humans are fundamentally bad which their Niceness is solving, and therefore the only tribe they belong to is Nice Guy) rather than ones stemming from personal integrity.

The solution to both the forum poster problem and Nice Guy problem - to denounce tribalism and realize that all human beings are fundamentally the same. You have no obligation to sleep with a woman just because she's nice, and no woman has an obligation to sleep with you just because you're nice. Sex needs to be far deeper and more meaningful than boiling it down to "niceness". Likewise, forum posters should realize that they aren't special, The Escapist isn't special, and they are just people talking to other people, as happily occurs between most of humanity.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
It's not the fedora on your head, it's the fedora on your heart

Like it or not, the fedora has become THE symbol of male entitlement on the internet but luckily it usually stays there and doesn't spread

Personally, I don't care if you wear a fedora; where what you want if it makes you happy

Jacco

May 1, 2011
With regard to the MLP thing, it's the fact that "Bronies" feel they have to vomit their like all over everyone on the internet. I am a huge fan of Adventure Time and Phineas and Ferb, but you don't see me telling the world about it every chance I get. I think it comes about because the men who like that show feel like they are somehow less "manly" for liking a cartoon aimed at little girls so they have to make sure they can justify it by creating a big "group" to be a part of. Regardless, it has nothing to do with a stereotype and everything to do with people being fucking stupid on the internet.

The rest of your post.... well like what you like and fuck other people. Learn not to care what others think because people will think what they want to no matter what and there's nothing you can do to change that. I have a style of clothing some might call "metrosexual" and I'm sure many girls I am otherwise attracted to think I am gay because of it. But you know what? I like my style. It's unique and I stand out from every other "bro" out there so IDGAF. When they get to know me, they'll find I'm not gay.

I think any other Phineas and Ferb fans out there should sound off. We can call ourselves Ferbies!

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
gact said:
This picture was posted on the forum thread about the most recent shooting in the USA, the guy who killed 6 girls because they would not pay attention to him.
If you are talking about Rodgers, he killed a total of 7 people, 2 women, 4 men, and himself. You got "6 women" out of that because it gets played up as only the women victims being relevant.

HardkorSB

Mar 18, 2010
gact said:
This picture was posted on the forum thread about the most recent shooting in the USA, the guy who killed 6 girls because they would not pay attention to him. I like fedoras, I like MLP, I am a gamer,I would like to describe myself as a nice guy to to the people I care, and I spend most of my time on the internet.
Have you read Elliot Rodger's manifesto?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/225960813/Elliot-Rodger-Santa-Barbara-mass-shooting-suspect-My-Twisted-World-manifesto

Having read parts of it, I could say a lot of things about him but definitely not that he was a nice guy.

Watch this video and tell me how nice he was:

So I am a killer in the making? because thats what it seems. To add to what this stereotypes makes me I must also be fat, I must tip my hat at every woman I meet, I must be wrongly entitled to a number of things, I must have no friends, and many horrible things.
According to some of the people I've talked to online over the past few days, I am an elitist Nazi misogynistic racist government spook ****** Freemason redneck ****** (and I'm white).
Why would you care about internet comments?

What am I supposed to do now? forcibly change everything about me, stop liking what I do?because I'm lost, I cant show myself anywhere on the internet because people would assume that I am a stupid killer stereotype.
You're supposed to shrug your shoulders and continue to live your life.