Apple Announces iPhone 5S and 5C

The Hungry Samurai

Hungry for Truth
Apr 1, 2004
Aside from ticking off my wife when she can't unlock my phone without my fingerprint, what other purposes does this fingerprint scanner serve?

I'm happy with my ipad2/ iPhone 4S for now. Unless they come out with some really useful innovation, I'm going to bide my time until I can get some google goggles to look ridiculous in.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
So with the processing pwoer of the 5S, do we have a phone that can contest gaming consoles? well at least till next gen as those are faster thna current gen consoles anyway.

schrodinger said:
Really. They had to make brand new models for just a few new options and more GBs. People are still getting excited for these announcements.
The thing is, people are actually buying them because " i want to have latest model".
Thats apple marketing for you. take a moderate product. price it twice its worth. sell it for even more and have them beggign for more. this is how you do marketing. Learn microsoft, learn.

PoolCleaningRobot said:
Apple makes fine stuff (see any android drop test compared to the iPhone 5) but it's pretty hard to defend people who will pay so much more and get less in return
If peopel boughtp hones based on how much can they throw them on the ground in hissy fit everyone would be using nokia 3310.
Now normal human beings on the other hand do not throw their phones around.

TheSniperFan said:
I have learned not to argue with Apple fanboys, because they often bring up the "You're just jealous because you cannot afford it" defense that makes me want to punch them in the face.
Then again, it's a general fanboy-problem...

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Strazdas said:
TheSniperFan said:
I have learned not to argue with Apple fanboys, because they often bring up the "You're just jealous because you cannot afford it" defense that makes me want to punch them in the face.
Then again, it's a general fanboy-problem...
Pot's kinda calling the Kettle black there, given how most Apple-Bashers don't know any argument other than going "YOU ARE MINDLESS FANBOI CORPORATE BUZZWORD SHEEPLE NOT WORTH ARGUING WITH (which is good because I don't actually have any)" to anyone who doesn't immediately fall in line and calling that a victory

Strazdas

May 28, 2011
Aeshi said:
Pot's kinda calling the Kettle black there, given how most Apple-Bashers don't know any argument other than going "YOU ARE MINDLESS FANBOI CORPORATE BUZZWORD SHEEPLE NOT WORTH ARGUING WITH (which is good because I don't actually have any)" to anyone who doesn't immediately fall in line and calling that a victory
Im very glad you are able to determine what i do and do not know from a jokingly posted picture on the internet.

AlwaysPractical

Oct 7, 2011
... and I can get literally every android phone for free on a 2-year contract here. How can you measure a phone's "budget" by how much it is on contract?

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
Strazdas said:
PoolCleaningRobot said:
Apple makes fine stuff (see any android drop test compared to the iPhone 5) but it's pretty hard to defend people who will pay so much more and get less in return
If peopel boughtp hones based on how much can they throw them on the ground in hissy fit everyone would be using nokia 3310.
Wow so totally legit and not a hyperbolic strawman argument at all.

"I need a laptop with good battery"
"Buy a TI-83 calculator"

"I want a car with a good crash test rating"
"Most people don't try to get into car accidents. If you plan on getting in an accident it, buy a bike"

Build quality matters. If you want a phone to last a few years it has to survive a few drops. You wouldn't buy a phone that would break if so much as sneeze on it and you wouldn't buy an old Nokia if you needed a smart phone

I don't even like Apple. In fact, there are so many reasons to not like Apple you shouldn't have to make up nonsense and use a demotivational poster to make your point

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Personally I like how they are pushing their ''innovative new IOS 7'' which in reality is pretty much what Android has been like for a good few years.

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
My $149 Android phone works just as well as this overpriced plastic, electronics and metal. Why do people insist on getting the latest toy when their iPhone 5 is good enough? Repetition of production, no?

They're like the Call of Duty of phones, something new is released and all the CoD sheep flock to play it too.

Strazdas

May 28, 2011
PoolCleaningRobot said:
Strazdas said:
PoolCleaningRobot said:
Wow so totally legit and not a hyperbolic strawman argument at all.

"I need a laptop with good battery"
"Buy a TI-83 calculator"

"I want a car with a good crash test rating"
"Most people don't try to get into car accidents. If you plan on getting in an accident it, buy a bike"

Build quality matters. If you want a phone to last a few years it has to survive a few drops. You wouldn't buy a phone that would break if so much as sneeze on it and you wouldn't buy an old Nokia if you needed a smart phone

I don't even like Apple. In fact, there are so many reasons to not like Apple you shouldn't have to make up nonsense and use a demotivational poster to make your point
Build quality is good enough for every phone out there at the moment, so the only reason to look for "Stronger phone" is if you indeed want to throw it around like a basketball.
And yes, that was a strawman. Now where is my brain the wizard gave me....