Apple Patents Personalized Videogame Comic Books

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
An interesting idea, but this kinda smacks of that "filling-in the speech bubbles of pre-drawn panels" thing which is usually meant to appeal more towards 10-year-olds and /b/tards. Over-all, it sounds like a completely pointless gimmick that's just meant to try and scam a few gullible dollars out of the consumer. Having unique choices in a game is one thing, it's an interactive medium, but in comics its completely needless. If I could tell a story good enough to put in a comic, I'd be pitching ideas to DC and Marvel, not sitting on my duff playing games.

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
Why should I want to READ in static what I just experienced in while PLAYING it myself?

And I don´t think that it can recreate THAT few moments when taking out that squad of enemies with your last handful of 12gauge shells plays out just perfectly (or the opposite) or something.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I think this *might* work, but I could see my 'comic' being filled with a whole lot of wandering around trying to find whatever and "probe away".

AWC Viper

Jun 12, 2008
my will be 500 pages long due to the amount of lag from lack of a dedicated GFX card.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
BloodRed Pixel said:
Why should I want to READ in static what I just experienced in while PLAYING it myself?

And I don´t think that it can recreate THAT few moments when taking out that squad of enemies with your last handful of 12gauge shells plays out just perfectly (or the opposite) or something.
Pretty much exactly what I was going to say, do they think we have such short attention spans that we can't remember what we just did in the game that we need visual aids to help us along?