Apple Rejects Commodore 64 Emulator

Delmar Wynn

Nov 12, 2002
Oh man I would love replaying the old gold box SSI games on the iPhone. *sigh* I guess we will have to wait for the lawsuits to begin and end.

Feb 13, 2008
nilcypher said:
the C64 was a pretty big deal in the 80's
In the same way that the Superbowl is a pretty big event.

It was the first real console wars. Death to the Speccys with your deadflesh keyboards!

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
The_root_of_all_evil said:
nilcypher said:
the C64 was a pretty big deal in the 80's
In the same way that the Superbowl is a pretty big event.
TRS-80 was the first computer I used; after that, though, it was Commodores for about ten years from the PET 2008s at junior high through the 4016s at high school to the C-64 Dad won as a prize at work. I remember my brother saving up for the 64's 300-baud modem so he could use it for distance learning...

*sigh* Nostalgia...

-- Steve

PS: for the young'uns, the PETs' numeric codes represented the size of the built-in screen and the system's RAM. That 2008 had a twenty-column screen (twenty characters side-by-side) and had a whopping 8 kilobytes of memory. The 4016s had twice the screen size and twice the memory, so those were considered to be really smokin' units. Of course, all eight in the school's computer room had to share the one networked dual-floppy drive that sounded like a coffee grinder when writing data...

ima420r

Aug 14, 2008
It's not like you can't put a c64 emulator on your iphone anyway, or (almost) any other emulator.

Maybe releasing an emulator with, say, a dozen games built in with the ability to download new game packs (for a price)would be a good way to do it. Of course, then they ned to get the licenses for allthe c64 games they include.