Archiving The Wild West

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Is it possible to archive what little remains of the Wild West? I'm sad to see a social experiment go to waste.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
I was planning on reading the thread on transgender people, but now it's gone.

:(

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
Instead of completely getting rid of it, the mods could just leave it there, closed, so people could at least read it I guess. I don't know why anyone would want to do that but hey.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Wintermute said:
Instead of completely getting rid of it, the mods could just leave it there, closed, so people could at least read it I guess. I don't know why anyone would want to do that but hey.
I want that. There were good ask me anything threads. I'd be willing to compromise with the mods to open the wild west as long as death threats aren't allowed.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Red Sentinel said:
Not really sure why anyone would want to archive the internet equivalent of a trashcan.
There were a couple of few decent ask me anything threads. And a couple of links and info that I want to recover.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Marik2 said:
Wintermute said:
I want that. There were good ask me anything threads. I'd be willing to compromise with the mods to open the wild west as long as death threats aren't allowed.
I want that too. I think it's the least the mods should do, after closing it on a whim with no warning.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Drathnoxis said:
Marik2 said:
Wintermute said:
I want that too. I think it's the least the mods should do, after closing it on a whim with no warning.
Yeah, I was about to read the tranny thread, and poof, the whole place is gone.

:(

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
BreakfastMan said:
Maybe there is some of it on the Wayback machine?
Wayback Machine can't archive anything that isn't on a publicly accessible portion of the site. Anything that requires a login to view will just get a 403 error.

Pub club forum thread: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/534.955511-Seeing-Ads-Now

Wayback Machine same thread: http://web.archive.org/web/20171014021249/http://www.escapistmagazine.com:80/forums/read/534.955511-Seeing-Ads-Now

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Wild West isn't worth archiving, it was absolute trash and not in a good way

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Marik2 said:
Is it possible to archive what little remains of the Wild West? I'm sad to see a social experiment go to waste.
I've made the subforum available for browsing only, if you want to check out or save any threads.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Or we could all acknowledge that the Wild West was a mistake, and move on.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Canadamus Prime said:
Is there anything in there actually worth archiving?
To people who only occasionally came in to say "This place stinks!", probably not, but to people who actively posted and participated in it, probably.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
bluegate said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Is there anything in there actually worth archiving?
To people who only occasionally came in to say "This place stinks!", probably not, but to people who actively posted and participated in it, probably.
I haven't actually said anything like that in quite some time, but as it was a mostly a place for dicking around I still have to ask if there was anything actually worth archiving.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
JoJo said:
Marik2 said:
I've made the subforum available for browsing only, if you want to check out or save any threads.
There's the solution, thread closed.