Are MW3 fans...unstable?

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
I believe that games are the exception to the famous phrase: "Don't hate the player, hate the game". It truly is the opposite for games like Halo and Call of Duty. I've loved Call of Duty ever since the second game (that is, CoD2, not Call of Duty: Finest Hour =P). Everyone knows that a large majority of the fanbase are total assholes and this is some proof of it. However, just like every other fanbase, no one should generalize them. That is all.

TheDooD

Dec 23, 2010
All I can say those that are stable aren't really making a dent. When CoD is well known for have some of the most psychotic fanbase they'll even grief teammates if they don't play the way THEY think is "fair". Yet these are the same people that think using overpowered killstreaks are "fair". Yet if these fuckers get hit with any explosives expect badly written and extremely vulgar hate mail.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
That's like saying are people that make threads which take a massive group of people and insult them based on a very small number of isolated cases bellends? No, some of them are very well structured arguments, regardless of the fact that some do match that description very well.

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
Brandon Cecil said:
no they are just "mature gamer's" as in the pic seen below

Gosh! I will never understand family groups constantly lobbying governments to legislate against adult video games when parent/guardians are themselves the problem. Or at least an inextricable part of the issue.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I played Modern Warfare 3 today. I must be a crazy lunatic ready to snap at any turn, right? Kidding aside, these are pretty much isolated incidents that likely only made news due to the immense popularity of CoD.

godofslack

May 8, 2011
You'd have to be nuts to be a MW3 fan :p. But, truth be told, it's highly illogical to make conclusions of the entire group. As for the argument that it isn't present in other forms of media, it's partially due to the nature of games. Games are a more active form of entertainment, logically, the players are more active than readers. And that's ignoring the fact that the media seems to want to make video games seem evil.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
...Are we sure the people responsible for these incidents aren't fucking insane? Just saying.

I hate insane fanboys. >_<