Are there any video game with a female as the MAIN villain ?

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
TypeSD said:
Archangel768 said:
Final Fantasy VIII had one.

Can't think of any others.
Primary antagonist of FFVII wasn't really Jenova...

OT: Portal.

As for why the bad guy is usually male, I think in a lot of cases they could be female and have zero effect on the plot.
you do realize he said final fantasy 8 not 7? technically earthbound i think

RGman

Aug 28, 2011
Well, I know it doesn't count, but as a kid I thought that Zarok from MediEvil was a lady.

I mean, just look at the damn thing:

Anyway, he's actually a "he".

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Prey, looks like Uncharted 3 does, Bioshock 2, Portal....And that's all I got right now.
Creator002 said:
I would mention inFamous, but I'm not sure if that's entirely true as the final boss is

your future self.
How would the main villain of that game be a woman in any way? I mean, the FIRST boss is a woman, but she's certainly not the main villain. She's barely even a character.
That's what I meant, the first boss. She plays a more vital role if you're playing as an infamous character, so I wasn't sure.

last-mechanism

Jul 6, 2010
theevilgenius60 said:
Dragon Age Origins archdemon is the old god Urthemiel, goddess of beauty, so you could consider the archdemon a "she". Also, in Dragon Age 2 if you side with the Mage circle, the boss is female. To round it out, there's the Broodmother in Awakening. Sorry, didn't mean to cover just DA, was only going to mention part 2, but got thinking.
Actually Urthemiel is a male. It's stupid, considering that only female dragons actually grow wings, but all the canon uses "him" when talking about the Fifth Archdemon.

Still got the Mother, though. And Meredith in Dragon Age 2.

Oct 30, 2010
Ethan Asia said:
KoTOR II had Darth Traya. Yes, she WAS the main villain.
An argument can be made that the Force is the main villain, if one buys into Traya's viewpoint.

Ethan Asia

Aug 22, 2011
4173 said:
Ethan Asia said:
KoTOR II had Darth Traya. Yes, she WAS the main villain.
An argument can be made that the Force is the main villain, if one buys into Traya's viewpoint.
In that case, one could argue that it's the main protagonist too. I see your Force Storm and raise you a Force Enlightenment.

Robin Huo

Mar 29, 2011
TypeSD said:
Archangel768 said:

As for why the bad guy is usually male, I think in a lot of cases they could be female and have zero effect on the plot.
Technically, GLaDOS is an AI, genderless.

TakeyB0y2

A Mistake
Jun 24, 2011
Well there's Ico I believe. Also, Persona 1, 3 and 4.

Edit:

- KOTOR2
- Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey (chaos route)
- 007: Agent Under Fire
- Silent Hill 1 and 3

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
William Ossiss said:
i must say, and since no one has even spoken about it yet... (i enjoyed the game)
Too Human
in norse mythos, the lord of hell is female. hence; the final boss.
Its because no one ever finished too human , lol that game is terribad.

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
Ace Attorney: Justice for All, Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, and (if you want to get abstract,) Team Fortress 2 spring to mind.

SpiderHam666

Apr 17, 2009
TypeSD said:
Archangel768 said:

He said Final Fantasy VIII not VII that would be the one with Ultimecia(?) you know... the witch.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Quijiboh said:
Tomb Raider series had several
BG2 Throne of Bhaal - Amelyssan
Prince of Persia Warrior Within - Kaileena if not the Dahaka
Dragon Age 2 - Meredith

... that's all I've got.
I don't think that last one count.

Why, Meredith is EXTREME. that bloody idol push people over the edge. Take into the account Kirkwall also drive mages nuts. You got your recipie for: EVERYONE's bat-shit insane