Are these people serious!?

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
So news dropped about another Overwatch ban-wave. Being the asshole I am, I decided to check out this album http://imgur.com/a/ZzSGi to laugh at the salty people. I was reading for a bit, and the joy I felt from seeing these whining cheaters turned into...annoyance. I mean, the more I read, the more I was wondering 'Who on earth thinks like that!?'

So I ask you, are these people just being salty, or do they actually believe that they are doing nothing wrong and Blizzard isnt justified in banning them? Why?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Note: I only read the first few so I'm making some assumptions here (Namely, they are bitching that they cheated and got banned because of it)

There are plenty of people around who believe that their game is their game and that they can cheat if they want to. It doesn't matter if "their" game involves screwing over a whole lot of other people since it's a multiplayer game; THEY are the ones that should be able to do whatever they want because they enjoy fucking with other people (Whether it is for a competitive advantage or "For the Lulz").

People are kind of stupid

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Some of them - most likely. All of them...maybe, maybe not. I suppose some might just be having fun at the expense of others.

At any rate...yeah. What can I say. There must be people out there, a lot of people, who somehow managed to miss that Blizzard is really unhappy with cheaters. It's not even an Overwatch thing - these sorts of purges have been going from as far back as at least StarCraft. Which is, what - more than decade and a half now? We're talking well publicised mass bans here - gaming news outlets tended to feature them prominently (partly because there wasn't much else to report, but still).

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Not very surprising. A lot of people feel a silly sense of entitlement and will do just about anything if they think they won't be caught in the act. You could end up getting terribly depressed reading through that sort of thing after a while.

EDIT: Here, this [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fxVeAVl2I8&index=5] is much more fun.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Most of those people are probably just teenagers. At least I hope that's the case. Imagine if those were all adults. And if they are, then they probably don't leave the house much, which is good news for us normal folk.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Adam Jensen said:
Most of those people are probably just teenagers. At least I hope that's the case.
Well one of them goes on about how "his brother is going to kill him", so that paints a picture.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
They're saltier than I am when I'm playing and the PotG goes to Bastion in his fucking turret form, holy fuck.
Adam Jensen said:
Most of those people are probably just teenagers. At least I hope that's the case. Imagine if those were all adults. And if they are, then they probably don't leave the house much, which is good news for us normal folk.
To be fair, Overwatch does provide quality waifu material. If I was a hormone ravaged teenager, I'd be pretty upset I couldn't pick Torbjorn and stare at Tracer's ass all day any more.

the_dramatica

Dec 6, 2014
Banning hackers is always fine. But blizzard bans people for complaining in pubs too. I don't think that's fair to do when you don't let your players carry and you want to encourage teamwork.

Angelblaze

Jun 17, 2010
Well, I've done much worse in Overwatch chat then these people have, trust and believe. And I'm still playing. We'll see, we'll see. *goes off to tilt on bastion players*

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
If we get enough users buying CoreCoins, this site will grow and we will be able to hire agents with this that can help us protect us.
Pay me money and maybe Blizzard won't take your video games away!

****ing jew bastards
Because being combative and bigoted is a great way to get people to sympathize with you.

i deserve another chance if i spent extra to buy the pre-order edition
No, you don't deserve another chance, because you cheated.

i have lost so much
I STAND HERE FOR MY FALLEN BRETHREN
Maybe over-reacting just a smidge?

i only used because im stoned as ****
Aaaaand whose fault is that?

Blizzard you made a powerful enemy...

We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.

Expect us.
Careful, you might cut yourself on that edge.

Seriously, I've just lost a bit of faith in humanity.

rcs619

Mar 26, 2011
TheRundownRabbit said:
So news dropped about another Overwatch ban-wave. Being the asshole I am, I decided to check out this album http://imgur.com/a/ZzSGi to laugh at the salty people. I was reading for a bit, and the joy I felt from seeing these whining cheaters turned into...annoyance. I mean, the more I read, the more I was wondering 'Who on earth thinks like that!?'

So I ask you, are these people just being salty, or do they actually believe that they are doing nothing wrong and Blizzard isnt justified in banning them? Why?
Yeah, they're just a bunch of losers. Why the hell would you even play a competitive game if you're just going to cheat? What's even the point? Otherwise, suck it up and gitgud.

Or, maybe just play the game, do the best you can, and try to have fun like normal people.

For those who don't know, a lot of those people got banned for using a triggerbot. What a triggerbot does is set your character to automatically fire the instant that an enemy passes through your crosshair. Obviously, this kind of bot can be especially devastating with hitscan characters (Widowmaker and McCree pop immediately to mind) and it is obviously cheating by every possible definition. They are literally removing the shooting element from a first-person shooter, lol.

The comments about Blizzard not being able to ban them, and how someone should sue Blizzard about it were especially amusing. In reply to that though...

Give me an E. Give me a U. Gimmie and L and an A. Now shut up and let those of us who aren't banned enjoy our game :p

Seriously, you agreed to a EULA and literally *every* competitive multiplayer game EULA has provisions banning the use of external programs to cheat at the game. That's basic, freaking stuff.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
There used to be a website dedicated to the posting of emails from users appealing to Xbox Ban enforcers, where the salty tears of their whining gave me strength. This thread I'm getting to browse now... Ah... nostalgic and satisfying.

Entitled whiners are gonna whine, and people who cheat at video games are even worse about it. They think the rules don't apply to them, so I'm not surprised at all to see them banding together and trying to do extremely stupid shit like donate to their cause so their hackers can attack a video game company that has more money than fucking God himself. Yeah, sure! I'd love to donate money to your cause of unfairly balancing the game in your favor because you suck at the game otherwise!

Seriously. What's the point in being proud of your in-game accomplishments if you cheated to earn them?

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
The saltier ones are probably just teenagers, I hope.

The less saltier ones are probably people that just don't give shit because it's just a game.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008

Aw, how cute! Someone there thinks Anonymous still matters!

The point of he matter is that people do dumb things, aaand they never think that consequences shall befall them or that it's fair when the rules are enforced. It isn't like this forum where there may be a mistake in judgement. They cheated. They got red flagged by a program made to check for that. Their fault.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Wow, I didn't realize how low on sodium I was. I needed that, whew.

That said, I don't think I need any more salt for a good year. The infantile and unjustified rage in there is... something else. xD

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
I don't understand these retards.

You break the rules/laws, you get BUSTED, and then you cry foul.

Where the FUCK does this childlish entitlement come from?

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I have never cheated in a video game nor will I ever. I don't see the point in playing a competitive game and cheating. Where's the fun in that?

That being said, I still don't understand why it's okay to take away someone's property that they paid for just because they broke the rules. Suspension? Sure. forced into a cheater pool? Sure. A badge marking them as a cheater? Sure. But revoking someone's game seems a little extreme to me. If I cheat while playing Monopoly, Hasbro doesn't send G-men to my house to take away my board and pieces. Maybe the difference is that with a real life game you have to face the judgement of your friends/family/the people sitting across from you. And I do suppose that cheaters need to be kept out of ranked especially to prevent the more serious play from being impacted.

I don't want to play with cheaters just as much as the next guy, but I guess I just can't muster up the energy to get enraged over someone using an aimbot in a computer game, and I don't like the idea of big poppa Blizzard stepping in and taking away people's game that they paid for. These reactions are hilarious though. In the end they all signed the EULA that said cheating won't be tolerated so hey, they should have seen this coming.

Prime_Hunter_H01

Dec 20, 2011
Cid Silverwing said:
I don't understand these retards.

You break the rules/laws, you get BUSTED, and then you cry foul.

Where the FUCK does this childlish entitlement come from?
"Because it's just a game bro"

Its bad enough when griefers and trolls are annoying without cheating, every thing they do is them being better and besting them has them pull out "It's just a game" to deflect your accomplishment.

They are just taking it to a whole 'nother level by either willful ignorance or actual stupidity that because "It's just a game" and "It's MY fun" means they do not care who is affected. The fucktards have managed to double think themselves in to being in the right no matter what as they are always right or are a victim, NEVER THE GUILTY PARTY.

Ughh, its similar enough to those who cheat GTA Online as those who did cheat always used this kind of mentality, its just a game and I am having fun in my way statements in the douchiest way possible.

Cheating hits more of a nerve after playing that game that it did before for me.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
FalloutJack said:

Aw, how cute! Someone there thinks Anonymous still matters!

The point of he matter is that people do dumb things, aaand they never think that consequences shall befall them or that it's fair when the rules are enforced. It isn't like this forum where there may be a mistake in judgement. They cheated. They got red flagged by a program made to check for that. Their fault.
renegade7 said:
Blizzard you made a powerful enemy...

We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.

Expect us.
Careful, you might cut yourself on that edge.

Seriously, I've just lost a bit of faith in humanity.
Holy fuck, dudes! I don't know how I missed that one! God, I don't know whether to laugh or cringe!

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
These people are 14 and/or stoner morons. And I laugh and cheer at their 'misfortune.'

Maybe I should buy Overwatch and get over my earlier befuddlement and annoyance of the game. I gotta find some way to support this glorious banning machine.