Are you a Cat or Dog person?

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
I tend to love all animals. I've had quite the variety of pets at one point and a majority of them lived to old age and passed away in their sleep,..except my frog Warticus...which my old cat, Puddin', ate; and most likely enjoyed immensely. A couple others I couldn't care for any longer because of the situation I was in, and I managed to find them great homes.

But really, I couldn't imagine my life without my loyal canine companions. ^_^ Well,..I could imagine it and it doesn't seem awesome, at all.

Jan 23, 2010
DanielBrown said:
Thought I was a dog person, but then I got a cat. She's awesome!

Not my actual cat, but she looks just the same;

This is now a Ragdoll thread.
Ragdolls FTW! Here's another pic.
I got two Ragdolls. I linked a picture to the first one earlier in the thread.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
I'm a dog person. Despite the fact I was mauled my mum's dog on my 1st birthday, I love dogs. I'm definitely more of a dog person than I am a cat person.

It pisses me off when people say that dogs are "more work" or "too much hassle".

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Guffe said:
But my pet of choise is rats, rats are pure awesomeoness!
You're like a couple of my former colleagues... they'd always go on about their pet rats... who were, in fairness, very cute, actually, though very excitable. Take them out of their cage and you'd better have a strong grip on them, or they'd leg it, up to the top of your head and stay there!

But, I have a soft spot for hedgehogs!

OT: Cat... don't get me wrong, I love both and I miss my old man's dog and her condescending looks, but I like the quiet elegance of cats. Dogs can definitely be more exasperating.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
...Can't I like both? If so, then why not?

Also, I'm with the above poster, I like rats and hedgehogs too.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I prefer dogs however I don't mind cats. Dogs are usually more dynamic and you can play with them outside and take them for walks and whatever. Cats sort of just do their own thing. It's kind of like a low maintenance pet that does whatever it wants regardless if you're there or not.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Cats are easier to manage and cuddlier. Though I'm allergic to them, I still prefer cats over dogs.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
DSK- said:
I'm a dog person. Despite the fact I was mauled my mum's dog on my 1st birthday, I love dogs. I'm definitely more of a dog person than I am a cat person.

It pisses me off when people say that dogs are "more work" or "too much hassle".
Same here, minus getting mauled by a dog. People who say dogs are too much work are usually too busy or lazy to take care of a dog. Either that or they must have had some bad experiences with Jack Russel Terriers. I heard they can be very hyper.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I'm more of a dog person but I have both. My cat is on my lap right now actually, judging what I type.
He only loves me when he's hungry or needs someone to give him attention.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Definitely a cat person, I like dogs as well, but I've had cats all my life.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
SilentCom said:
Either that or they must have had some bad experiences with Jack Russel Terriers. I heard they can be very hyper.
They are.

OT: I don't mind little dogs (dachshunds are adorable) or huskies, but I'm not a really big fan of most other dogs in general. I had an irrational phobia of them because of dogs larger than myself when I was younger, while at the same time growing up with always more than two cats in the house, so it left me with a heavy preference toward cats. Plus, as loud as a meow can get, it's still much more pleasant to my ears than a bark or whine. EDIT: Actually, I've always liked the texture of cat fur more than dogs as well. Every dog I've ever pet has had rather course fur, while cats tend to be silky and smooth. I may just have sensitive hands, but it makes a difference to me.

Off-topic again:
The Almighty Grigard said:
Your cats made me audibly go "B'awwwwww."

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
shrekfan246 said:
SilentCom said:
Either that or they must have had some bad experiences with Jack Russel Terriers. I heard they can be very hyper.
They are.

OT: I don't mind little dogs (dachshunds are adorable) or huskies, but I'm not a really big fan of most other dogs in general. I had an irrational phobia of them because of dogs larger than myself when I was younger, while at the same time growing up with always more than two cats in the house, so it left me with a heavy preference toward cats. Plus, as loud as a meow can get, it's still much more pleasant to my ears than a bark or whine. EDIT: Actually, I've always liked the texture of cat fur more than dogs as well. Every dog I've ever pet has had rather course fur, while cats tend to be silky and smooth. I may just have sensitive hands, but it makes a difference to me.

Off-topic again:
The Almighty Grigard said:
Your cats made me audibly go "B'awwwwww."

Big dogs like this?

Yea, they scare me too sometimes...

I mean it looks like a friggin lion!

phylline

Oct 23, 2011
I'm a small-animals-particularly-rats-and-snakes person?

I'm not sure where I stand in cats vs dogs. I have one dog and volunteer at a greyhound rescue (I ADORE greyhounds), but I go 'squee'face whenever I come across cats and when I lived elsewhere, I'd spend a considerable amount of time with a stray, feeding him, getting him checked and eventually rehoming him. (I can't keep cats, my mother is allergic.) I can't really say that when it's completely my choice of which pets I get, that I'll get either.

I'm involved in many rat rescue efforts and in the local rat community, I have three of my own (to be moved up to ten when I move), I'm involved in the local reptile community and when I move, two snakes will be coming home with me. Those over cats or dogs any day. :D

EDIT: I have three rats /right now/, but I usually have a few extra that stay with me for a few weeks if they're just ready to be re-homed, yet they're shy, aggressive or sick.