Are You A Fanboy?

Mediteral

Apr 15, 2009
In my last topic, I argued how the PsP was superior to the DS. I wanted a second opinion and that's exactly what I got. I can honstly say I was wrong and the DS isn't as bad as I had thought; god forbid I'm even considering getting one.

But that's not what this topic is about. This is about a simpler topic, Fanboyism. Can you admit to being a fanboy, and what series would you be worshipping in that respect (humor is great)?

For example, I am a totally balls-tighteningly fanboy of the Persona, Silent Hill, and Metal Gear Solid series. I personally think Persona is best RPG on the PS2, that's how I am a fan-boy.

What about everyone else?

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
I used to be a total Nintendo fanboy, and even now I'd love to see them come out on top with both the casual and hardcore gaming crowds.

aww yea

May 3, 2009
i do love my psp but i wont fanboy it, ive played pokemon. i know what gameboys have to offer.

my fanboyhood belongs to FF games and macs

with the macs its probably to annoy those irritating Windowmen that brag about all this superior window crap only to find out i like macs for the feel and the looks, something that cant be beat with any sort of spec or sale record etc.

FF is just love...

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
I used to be, but now im a jaded and crazy old man waving my cane at the big shiny obelisk that is Blizzard Entertainment...

God damned elves in my horde..

..And Protoss... RUSSIAN PROTOSS!

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
Depends, i try to be as balanced as i can opinion wise, but i feel a great deal of mistrust towards publishers that have a reputation for being proper money grabbers same in all things actually i just hate money grabbers in general

lleihsad

Apr 9, 2009
I'm a Sega fan, and they've been making it REAL hard to be fanboy. It's better to take things with a grain of salt, really.

Oh, right. For the Horde!

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
I can openly admit to being an enthusiastic fan (fanboy if you must). Although I consider myself the more moderate controlled fanboy that will only argue in defense of my passions if someone else is simply speaking lies, misinformation and is just blatantly ignorant. So yea, I'm a "polite" fanboy that lets out my inner rage at the unwise.

As for what I am a fanboy of? JRPG's, PC's, PSP (and a bit of Sony overall), Anything Stargate, Battlestar Galactica, and some other stuff I can't be bothered to remember.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
I think we are all fanboyish toward something. I am a bit of a Xbox/Halo fanboy.

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
I use to be, especially concerning Sony, Blizzard, and Rockstar, but now I look less at the makers/ producers/ distributors of the games/ products and more at the product itself.

I do still have favorites, maybe even favortism, but I hold no hatred. Example, I hate the Wii, but under different circumstances I could easily see it being my console of choice. So I could never say it's "bad" or "worthless". Plus it has Mario Kart which is absolutely fun to play.

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
Not as much as some other people, I guess I could say. If I was a fanboy of anything, it would be anime, but not to the extent where I have to own every single special edition box set of anime, dress as my favorite characters obsessively, and get autographs of voice actors. I mean, I go to an anime convention annually (Otakon), and on occasion I might throw together a costume, but normally it's just for fun. For instance, I went as Father Alexander Anderson from Hellsing one year, just becasue I looked the part and had the stuff to make a costume.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Nintendo fanboy here.
But that doesn't mean I think they are the best. They do have their faults as with any console/pc

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
I'm not a fanboy by any means. My current preference for my 360 over my PS3 for example is based entirely on the fact that I prefer the 360 controller, and I favor my DS over my PSP because of the wider selection of games that I might want to play at any given time.

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
I used to be a sonic fanboy, but then realised that sonic was only good in the 90's(sonic&knucles FTW!).

Mediteral

Apr 15, 2009
I also forgot to mention. I am a POKEMON JUNKIE. It's kinda of ridiculous for an 18 year okd, but apparently that's OK. ^.=.^

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
I'm a Nintendo fan, always have been, always will be. That doesn't make me a fanboy, though; I still enjoy games from other developers on other systems. Fanboyism in itself is pointless. As long as you like the games/systems you own, no one has the right to convince you otherwise, and likewise, you shouldn't look down or attack others because they like something else. You wouldn't go around saying other people suck because they like oranges and you like apples, would you?

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
I'm a fanboy of the xbox360 and ps3, but more importantly, good games. It's not bad to be a fanboy, it's only bad to let it interfer with your gaming and your reasoning. I don't play Gears of War or Uncharted because I think they are overrated mediocre games. I would buy a Wii if they had more "hardcore" games. Only games I play on it would be SSBB and Metroid, well a couple others but not enough to buy a Wii.

Squarez

Apr 17, 2009
I used to be a Nintendo fanboy, but the Wii was enough to realise that even the shiniest golden gods can make a flop...thats when I realised that being a fanboy is totally pointless.