Are you a good shot?

thingymuwatsit

May 29, 2010
I am a fairly good shot with a varying set of weapons (sidearms, rifles etc.) Even though I am only 14. (possibly because I Play too many video games, like occasionally target shooting and have been trained by the best shooter the local police have ever met)

thedeathscythe

Aug 6, 2010
I go hunting quite a bit, and I'm pretty good with this 30/30 my dad has, I used to go hunting with them when I was younger, and after my uncles and stuff would kill a deer and gut it and leave the entrails outside the tent, maybe 20-30 yards off, and I would hang back while they went out (since I was too young to have my license at the time) and I would go for magpies that came. To this day I've never hit one (or at least, never killed one) and I'd love to get one. I'm an alright shot, I don't shoot enough to really improve and I wish I had the time to do so.

The Arc of Eden

Jun 7, 2010
hand guns: You better run for your life cuz a moving target is much funner to shoot at.
Rifle: ...I'll fall back for now. Unless it's a sniper, I'll give you a warning shot but move an inch afterwards and your friend will be halding what left of your brain. (Figuring out wind direction and distance will only get me so far, the "Warning" shot will actually help me figure out where to aim more precisely)
Shotty: Taste the Red Mist
Anything automatic: I'm above average but nothing to write home about.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
The first time I shot a gun, a C8 Diemaco carbine or C7 rifle, I can't remember exactly, I sucked balls with it. Ever since I wanted to improve my shot and became very curious about how well I can shoot with a handgun.

I might be an awesome shot in games, but could I replicate it in real life? That's what I want to know. Sadly there isn't a shooting range in my area. I hate my country.
drdamo said:
And i live in the Netherlands, so if we want to shoot things we need to join a Gunclub or simply defy the law by joining a gang or some other drug-based "company".
I have yet to find a gun club in my area. Friggin' sucks living in the middle of nowhere.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
I shot a gun a few times a long time ago. Based on that experience, I am actually a very accurate shot. I guess all that sniping I do in games pays off. :eek:

warprincenataku

Jan 28, 2010
I'm rather good with pistols, bows and thrown weapons. Give me a shotgun or a rifle and I'm rubbish.

EDIT: Although you don't have to be too accurate with a shotgun.

AndyMcNoob

May 20, 2009
I've shot air rifles mostly both for hunting ( i can hit a peny at about 100 yards or so i never actualy measured my garden. I can do a few trick shots like striking matches and cutting paper. but that was a loing time ago since i have no wher to shoot any more :(
I've also had a go with a few shotguns at gamefairs shooting clays and im ok at that (my way of saying im crap lol), not rly my thing but the kick from the muzle loaders is always a buz
Im quite good with a longbow too.

But more reciantly with the TA ive had the chance to use a L85A2, my instructer after seeing my on the range has mentioned the compnays shooting team to me so with any luck i can get onto that.

drdamo

May 17, 2010
Cowabungaa said:
drdamo said:
And i live in the Netherlands, so if we want to shoot things we need to join a Gunclub or simply defy the law by joining a gang or some other drug-based "company".
I have yet to find a gun club in my area. Friggin' sucks living in the middle of nowhere.
Which shitty rural backward village of boredom in the middle of nowhere are we talking about?
(Naming the province is close enough, i know most people don't like dump their personal info on the street as eagerly as i like to do)
Aside from the answer, a good nuke on that and we'll have a 2nd season of Apocalypse Lane afterall! Ghehe.
But seriously, theres bound to be some town close enough with a gunclub if you want to shoot things in an orderly fashion? Or you could join the police with all these truck-hijackings nowadays!

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
drdamo said:
Which shitty rural backward village of boredom in the middle of nowhere are we talking about?
(Naming the province is close enough, i know most people don't like dump their personal info on the street as eagerly as i like to do)
Aside from the answer, a good nuke on that and we'll have a 2nd season of Apocalypse Lane afterall! Ghehe.
But seriously, theres bound to be some town close enough with a gunclub if you want to shoot things in an orderly fashion? Or you could join the police with all these truck-hijackings nowadays!
*points at his profile* That little village mentioned in there lies in the ass-end of Gelderland, that little tumour shaped bobble bordering Utrecht.

Apparently the nearest proper gun club lies in Baarneveld or something, I can't remember properly. Too far to go to on a regular basis in any case. I almost jumped with joy when I read about a shooting range about 2 clicks from my place, but that turned out to be air rifles only. *sigh*

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
I've only fired two guns in my life, both in the same day, on an army firing range when I was in Cadets at age 16.

The first was a .22 caliber bolt action rifle. These guns were very old and honestly don't remember if I hit the small paper target 30 metres away at all. Maybe once or twice out of the ten shots I was given. Most people reported similar results so we blamed the guns.

Later that day I fired the F88 Austeyr with a magnifying scope and hit 12 out of 20 targets as they popped up at ranges of 100, 200 and 300 metres. I technically missed 8, but I only fired 14 shots and was then told my session was over, so there were six targets I simply did not see - which is weird because I was firing with both eyes open specifically so I could scan the range at all times. I could swear they simply never appeared.

Anyway, no, I'm not a good shot based on the evidence I have to present.

gbemery

Jun 27, 2009
I am pretty good with a rifle but have never shot a handgun so no idea there

drdamo

May 17, 2010
I keep reading this thread and the more i read it, the more urges i feel to shoot things.
*Calls a friend*, *puts on his sunglasses*, "I'm off to my clocktower!" *grins wickedly*

(note to serious folks: i am of the joking! If you knew how lazy i am, you'd know i'd never leave my office chair before 12:00 CET unless coffee or nicotine is involved)

Valksy

Nov 5, 2009
Yeah. Although it has been a lot of years since I fired a (real) gun.

I prefer archery and was decent at that too, but lost all my grip and strength in both my hands.

RooftopAssassin

Sep 13, 2009
I shot a stop sign with a BB gun from 75 yards away, is that good? 75 yards was a guesstimation. Also, I always get the best hit/miss when I do disc shooting. I've never gone hunting, although I would like to.

Devious Boomer

Nov 18, 2009
I can't read off a whiteboard from the front of a classroom if my life depended on it, but I can sure pin a good grouping on a target 300 metres away with an aperture sight.