Are you a superchromat?

Stupidity

Sep 21, 2013
10, Red to Orange seems terrible for me. Which is kinda sad because red is my favorite color.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
I got a zero. Hooray! Though I do agree with what many posters are saying about having a decent monitor. Some monitors only use six bits per colour channel instead of the usual eight. Lots of cheap monitors are like that actually. If you have such a monitor, you probably don't have much chance. Six bits per channel will look okay for most things, but if you are doing something that depends on accurate colour reproduction, such as creating art or doing eye tests, it isn't good enough.

Daeggreth

Oct 22, 2009
I scored a 0. I'm not really surprised that I've got a good eye for colours as I've always kind of known that, but I am surprised that my cheap-ass monitor didn't affect the result much, if at all.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
Got a perfect, but I figured I would anyway. I've had to do colour tests before to become an electrician and always aced it. Those blues and violets were a bit tricky, as was the first half of the pink/red scale, but once you've got most of them in place it's not hard to pick out the odd discrepancy. Even then I got pretty much all of them in basically the right spot on the first attempt, except for the odd blue.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
Got a steady 93. Looking at everyone else makes me sad. I feel alone...

You youngsters with your perfect sight and everythin'!

*grumps*

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Ryan Hughes said:
First, I do not think there is such a thing as a superchromatic, that term is misleading at best, especially because humans are already divided into three ranks of color-sensitivity.
Technically, there are five subsets: the ones you've already mentioned below; monochromacy (can see colour, but can't tell the difference between any of them); and achromotopsia (black and white vision but better night vision than normally sighted folks).

Bichromatics are usually what we refer to as 'color blind.'
Trichomatics are normal.
Tetrachomatics -as the name suggests- see four color wavelengths. Oddly, no known male has ever been tetrachomatic, and it is thought only women can genetically become tetrachomatics.
It's because tetrachromacy is linked to a particularly recessive gene on the X chromosome and as men only have the one, it isn't expressed fully so it just comes out as normal vision. If women have it in both, its expressed. *shrug* At least that's how I think it goes.

Headsprouter said:
Not a good sign. My dad's colourblind, so it figures.
Oddly, no... if your dad's colour blind, it's impossible for his sons to be colour blind unless your mother is also colour blind or a carrier. It's always opposite gender effect: male has the condition; female just carries the genetic material for it.

IllumInaTIma said:
I'm a little bit colorblind, so my initial reaction was "Well, I guess this is how my hell would look like". Needless to say I closed the test and curled up in a corner crying.
Better than me... couldn't be arsed to try... >_> ...

loc978 said:
I can still read this, though:

so... I'm not completely fucked.
For the benefit of those who are visually/chromatically fuck'd, can you translate? o_O

Reiper said:
I got 19, even though I have a disease called achromatopsia. Take that genes hue hue hue.
O_O ... uh... WTF?! OK, how did you manage that? Your shade distinctions must be really good...

Anyway...

OT:

*looks at linked webpage*

FUCK THIS SHIT!!

Yeah, I'll save my 'pride' and admit that my score would be terrible as I already know I have severe colour blindness, I'm deuteranopic and protanomalous. The bottom two lines of that 'test' were basically lines of weird blue/grey to me no matter how much I sorted them... -.-

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Fucking 116, my color recognition is utter shit. Oh well I have shit eyesight anyway.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
960. IDGAF

It became clear pretty fast that if I wanted a good score, I'd have to do a lot of work, including recalibrating my TV. I'm not in the mood.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I got a 4. Not bad considering I thought my eyes weren't all that great and my monitor's screen probably isn't all that good.

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
I have perfect color vision according to this thing. It felt difficult but when I put all the colors in the order I thought they went, then went back through I couldn't see anything that looked out of place, so I hit score test. Frankly, I am quite surprised, because it was felt so difficult while doing it.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
19. I expected faaar worse, since I'm blind as a bat. I'm fairly good with colors though, apparently.
SckizoBoy said:
loc978 said:
I can still read this, though:

so... I'm not completely fucked.
For the benefit of those who are visually/chromatically fuck'd, can you translate? o_O
You probably don't want to. :p

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Oh man, just looking at that makes my eyes feel kind of funny. I am going to suck so hard at this.

Hang on, did that say...

PERFECT SCORE YOU BLIND SUCKERS! All bow before me!

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
Caramel Frappe said:
I'm offended. I'm an artist but i've scored 12 on this quiz.

My eyes, have been trained for this in art class. I have to know the hues for mixing color and getting exactly what I want whether it's for painting, coral painting, ect. But you know, my eyes aren't exactly accurate so I can't really complain and it's not the test's fault. It's my own. However I am still very much sad.

Also to let you all know, my best work was done in black & white drawings with ether carving out of black paper or dotting a thousand black dots to create a figure so that might explain something about my result.
You know I have a pretty high end IPS panel monitor and I can definitely see people with crappier TN panel monitors not doing as well, not necessarily because of their color vision but because of their monitor.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
SckizoBoy said:
Headsprouter said:
Not a good sign. My dad's colourblind, so it figures.
Oddly, no... if your dad's colour blind, it's impossible for his sons to be colour blind unless your mother is also colour blind or a carrier. It's always opposite gender effect: male has the condition; female just carries the genetic material for it.
Yeah, I know how basic genetics work. I picked it up faster than most others in my GCSE Biology class. I was more saying my nervousness in the face of a colourblindness test figures, sorry if I didn't make it clear.