Are you actually good at gaming?

Jimmy T. Malice

Dec 28, 2010
I'm good at single-player games (or at least good enough to complete most games). Competitive multiplayer? Not so much. Except for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

sagejosh

Jun 19, 2011
LordDarkPhantom said:
NinjaOnXTC said:
took me only 2 days to beat Oblivion in hardest
I call bullshit. No seriously, unless you were resting after every battle, or refusing to sleep to level up, or exploiting flaws with armour enchantments, or something ridiculous like that, there is no way that you managed to complete the main questline in the hardest difficulty that quickly. o_O
its not really that hard, the main storyline is like 15-30 hours long (depending on how high the difficulty is and if your good at that kind of game), so if you spend most of the 2 days playing ONLY the main storyline it wont be super hard. that being said its nothing I would do because I like to have fun in a video game which usually includes messing around.if the guy is talking the whole game including the 3 guilds then ya he is bullshitting or cheating.

Reshkar

"Face to Face"
May 18, 2010
The only genre of games I'm actually good at, is RTS's. However playing Starcraft ladder proves to be challenging at times.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
It all depends on the game I'm playing, I'm ok at fighting games, as for shooters that varies sometimes I do really good, or I get destroyed. I guess I'm just an average gamer who plays games simply because I enjoy them, I win some and I lose some.

However I suck at racing games.

OrenjiJusu

Mar 24, 2009
I get moments of greatness, punctuated with moments of average skill and the odd complete and massive fail.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
I'm actually pretty decent at gaming, but only certain genres. I used to be on a semi-pro team for CoD4:MW and Halo 2 & 3. I also play W/JRPGs a lot.

FPS, Western RPG, JRPG, Racing, and Action/Adventure games are my strong suit. Sports, RTS, and Fighting games, however, are not. I suck at any of those that aren't titled UFC or Mortal Kombat.

Krinku

Feb 5, 2011
I pick up the games quickly enough. I usually get better if I spent A LOT of time with it, but usually okay at games.

Battle Pope

Nov 2, 2009
Shooters are my specialty. I'm usually in the top three in COD and in Battlefield I am usually first.

I love strategy games and despite the immense amount of time I spent playing them ( C&C Generals the most) I am below average at them.

Racing games fit in my "like" category. My skill at them fits in the "bantha fodder" category.

Hummmy

Jun 30, 2011
I like to think I'm pretty good at Halo: Reach.
I've been playing just that basically for the last year so I've finally got to a stage where if your shield is down I WILL headshot you nearly everytime.

I think it just comes down to how much to play a game, how well you know it's mechanics, levels and weapons.

I'm also pretty good at Tekken 6, but only with 2 characters as they're the only 2 I learnt all the moves for.

MightyMole

Mar 5, 2011
You know, I don't think I'm all that bad but most people don't... Being honest, I'm definitely better than average if by average you mean the entire population of the planet, but I really couldn't tell you in terms of gamers where I stand. In terms of gaming, I typically put in a playthough on the hardest difficulty of a game. Some of the more notable recent gaming accomplishments I've had would probably include completing all the C'ieth Stone missions on FFXIII with 5 Stars, beating Mass Effect 2 on insanity, beating Dead Space 2 on Hard Core, beating all the campaigns on Left 4 Dead on expert, and beating all the Portal Advanced Challenges with gold times.

But to be honest I don't know if you could really call that skill. I have slews of games I haven't done that kind of stuff on just because I don't enjoy the game itself. If I enjoy a game I put the time and effort to do as much as I can on it, if I don't enjoy it I don't bother.

RemuValtrez

Sep 14, 2011
Before I respond to the main question at all, I will first say that it entirely depends on what type of game I am playing. I am complete rubbish at FPS games, but I have a great time playing/getting myself and my friends killed. ^.^b

Outside of that, I have to say I am great at RPGs or tactical games for the most part. Which it may not seem like it takes much to be -good- at RPGs, but I know how to work them to create incredible characters.