Are you comfortable around people of the opposite sex?

Zyntoxic

May 9, 2011
how to put this... well yes, I'd say I'm more comfortable with men rather than women, but then on the other hand I feel awkward around people I don't feel I have anything in common with, so since there is tiny minority of women I actually have anything in common with (gaming, roleplaying, over all "nerdiness") I suppose it is natrual I'm more comfortable around the opposite sex (men).
now that I've stated that there aren't very many women I have the chance to be comfortable around, comes the next problem: I often get the sense that there is this unwritten law of rivalry among "nerd" women, as if I or other women are a threat to "her" identity and sense of being special... tends to light a bad spark between me and other "nerd" women... might just be me... but in general I welcome the opportunity of meeting a woman with shared interests.

ah well point is, I suspect it doesn't have much to do with gender in my case as much as... wierd cultural rules I never can wrap my head around.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
I prefer talking to Women then Men.

I don't know why (maybe because of my female family up bringing), but I think it makes for better, and more interesting conversations.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
I way more comfortable around women than I am of men. I don't know, it's something about them that makes it easy to talk to them.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
I feel nervous around people I'm attracted to of either gender, but progressively less so the more time I spend with them.

qwewee

Jul 16, 2009
I'm a 19 year old man.
growing up most of my friends were girls so gender doesn't really have any impact on my comfort. if anything I'm more at ease with women.

w1ndscar

Jul 22, 2009
krazykidd said:
w1ndscar said:
Im not nervous around women, but I do get nervous when a bunch of shady ghetto people come into my store and are all cluttered around the register hoopin' and hollerin' while waiting to buy their stuff. It gets pretty nerve racking when your the only white guy in the entire store for 98% of the day.
This is highly offensive ! And racist ... Shame on you.
1) I never said black people or Mexicans specifically, I wasn't being racist..
2) Its in the ghetto, have you lived there? Its pretty terrible, and I would consider it more racist on your part to immediately assume that I was referring to black people specifically. Theres white "Gangsters" in the ghetto as well.
3) Im your stereotypical white skinny guy just trying to earn an honest living, most ghetto people don't like that around here, and couldn't give two shits about me. Furthermore I see nothing offensive in my post, unless your one of the aforementioned ghetto people.
4) With all that being said, when you've got people waiting in line yelling and hollering at each other and having heated arguments and they get up to your counter with an attitude and wanting to start problems when they are twice your size, you would understand where I'm coming from.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
OP: Are you a virgin?

OT: No. I'm not. I just think women are usually extremely dull, so I dont spend much time with them.

shitoutonme

May 26, 2011
neonsword13-ops said:
If the women I am around look like this-

Best Example of tramps I could find.

I will be very uncomfortable. I don't whores.
Really? Dang. I love whores and tramps.

CATB320

Jan 30, 2011
It's sometimes easier to talk to a guy, simply because I tend to have more hobbies/interests in common with them. But if I'm the only girl in a large group of males, it's a bit intimidating.

yizelin

Jun 20, 2011
I feel that I was overexposed to girls early on, I kept falling into female heavy situations... but I love it and them, so no I'm good with them :)

monkey_man

Jul 5, 2009
Ì am uncomfortable around everyone I cannot relate to. but I have some lady-friends (no idea what a friendship is called in English between me and a girl) and some dude-friends. I also have a girlfriend. But we're all a bunch of misfits really :D. silly people, Geeks, nerds, or geeky silly, nerds is my social circle! AND I LIKE IT A LOT!

Jessabi

Jul 26, 2011
Not at all! I have a boyfriend, and my closest friends are male. They're like brothers to me. I have some female friends but I hardly ever hang out with them, whereas I'm with my guy friends most of the time. *Shrug* I've always been this way, I just get on better with guys probably because I've always been a bit of a tomboy in terms of my hobbies etc (for example, none of my female friends are gamers that I know of). So no, I'm not uncomfortable around the opposite sex, I tend to prefer them, heh.

SonofaJohannes

Apr 18, 2011
If it's women I know, they're perfectly fine. If they're strangers I'll be uncomfortable around them no matter what gender they are.

Martinchee

Dec 28, 2008
Matter of fact, I actually feel better around women than men, because women are more interested in getting to know me. Depends of course. If it's my real male friends, then I'm okay with being around them. However, if it's the douche guys in my class/year or however it's right to be named, then I would rather be around unknown women ( preferably my age, since being around like, 25-yearolds is awkward if you're 17.).

And to clear everything up, the douche guys I'm talking about all go to/have been in a volleyball team. Most of them think they're the shit for it, while I find most of the stuff they say to me to be bizzare/banal.

TL,DR: Depends on people, but rather women, because they know less about me.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I'm perfectly comfortable. I'm actually heading out now to a club so i'm assuming i'll meet a few. You can't go to a club and not expect to meet people after all.