are you excited for Halo 4?

OManoghue

Dec 12, 2008
I don't own any of the Halo games, but I've played through all of them with friends except ODST, my only probles with this one is, it can't be called Halo anymore, because the halos don't work without the ARK... So, had they changed the title like Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon and kept certain characters that would have been fine.

LordXel

Sep 25, 2010
I'm not excited for it, but I am interested in it. But I believe the only reason they're making Halo 4 is because Microsoft doesn't have any other big franchises. Fable has worn out its welcome for most people and Gears of War has ended. (For now.) Halo, Gears of War and Fable are the only big Xbox franchises I can think of. That's kind of sad really.

Lacsapix

Apr 16, 2010
Halo has taught me that good games series need to end well, in peace.

NOT by digging up the corpse and make love to it.

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
Excited? No.

Cautiously optimistic? Indeed.

Something that I really like with video game franchises is when they try something new, as opposed to cranking out the same game with slight improvements across the board every damn year, granted, we don't know enough about H4 to determine whether it's going to try and be innovative or more of the same, but I like to remain optimistic.

It'll be interesting to see if Cortana's really gone Rampant like in the 'Origins' episode of Halo Legends, at the very least.

Evill_Bob

Nov 18, 2009
Meh, I'm from the old shooter generation. When the original Halo came out it was an interesting little game to keep us busy between releases of the next Unreal or when we were tired of playing Counterstrike.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
As a reader of the novels, I am very exicted as revealed in Glasslands, there is still MUCH to be done in the Halo universe.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I haven't been excited for Halo since they stopped letting me play them about 6 years ago. Bloody Xboxes...

Yearlongjester

Feb 14, 2010
No, the only Halo I liked was Halo 2. The reason? Because I was able to play as someone other than Master Chief (The worlds most boring 2D character ever) and get immersed in the roll of the Arbiter and explore the hierarchy of the Covenant. And that wasn't stellar becasue I had to deal with the god awful banshee.

Look, I'll check it out when the price drops and all the jazz, but I'm a single player guy. I have no interest in online multiplayer and I'm sure the SP campaign is going to be short and lackluster. Not in the slightest bit interested.

dickywebster

Jul 11, 2011
Nope, granted i only saw the others as average games at best hyped beyond belief, but halo 4 looks too much like trying to make more money out of the fans.

Also my love of the silent hill series has proved that once a game leaves its original company/makers it goees downhill, if halo doesnt do the same i will probably get very upset at whoever is in charge of silent hill these days, so yes im hoping halo 4 will be the worst yet, but then we might also see the end of the flipping series and all the clones its created...

SEPECAT

Nov 15, 2010
funksobeefy said:
I am, I always like the Halo series and I kinda want to see where they go from here.

Though I would rather see more of the Halo universe and not just John 117
I'm the opposite. For some reason I really like the Master Chief, his voice especially. I know he's supposed to be the quiet type, but I would like to hear at least a little more dialogue from him. As for Halo 4, I would like the concept more if it weren't going to be a trilogy of its own, just a conclusion game where the rest of the Covenant is still pissed and trying to kill you.

I would love to know where he got that jetpack that's in the trailer. That came out of nowhere.

Angry_squirrel

Mar 26, 2011
I don't know about everyone else, but I loved every game up until Reach.
Apparently 343 have a lot of the team who made Halo 2, so for me, this is all well and good. I'll be happy as long as they bring back the skill level, the BR, and balance it better.
Basically if more Halo 3 and less Halo Reach, then I'll love it.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
dickywebster said:
Nope, granted i only saw the others as average games at best hyped beyond belief, but halo 4 looks too much like trying to make more money out of the fans.

Also my love of the silent hill series has proved that once a game leaves its original company/makers it goees downhill, if halo doesnt do the same i will probably get very upset at whoever is in charge of silent hill these days, so yes im hoping halo 4 will be the worst yet, but then we might also see the end of the flipping series and all the clones its created...
How does it look? We got one trailer (a CGI one at that) and that's it. We have only gotten scraps of info. Until they show gameplay, I don't think anyone has a right to call it a Cash-in.

Mar 26, 2008
Not at this point in time. I'm sure as more information comes out about it my anticipation and excitement will increase, but as it stands I simply don't know much about it.

Personally I think it should stay out of the game for a couple of years and then make its triumphant return. People miss you more if you take extended leave..