Are you experienced?

NeverAiling

Mar 10, 2009
I dated a few women, as necessary to remain in the closet, before I came out. I did it in highschool, and when I moved to where I live now.

Suddenly appearing here, I realized no one knew I was gay. It's sometimes hard to make that leap. I was already OUT, but not to these people. So I put it off. And I ended up liking being seen as normal.

But I don't think I would ever have dated a woman just for the experience.

What about you? Have you ever (I'm not necessarily saying sex, although that's a question on my mind, too) dated the other side?

Have any straight girls out their tried other girls? And straight guys ever tried to see what's it's like dating guys?

mark_n_b

Mar 24, 2008
oh god, how many of these threads do we need.

Be gay and be proud, I'm not even against having a thread or two about it. But it seems an unusual topic to be coming up with such frequency on the site. Much like the frequent religious threads, there are many gay support / pride / social forums out there.

For the record, it irks me when straight guys or girls go dancing and play at kissing the same gender as it is often an excuse to show how mature and open they are, much more common with girls, You have no idea how many fake bi / lesbian / gay people I've come across in my life.

Confusion is one thing as is being unable to come out, but it can become offensive pretty fast, when there are actual gay / lesbian / bi people out there that aren't playing and have to face the real issues involved with sexual identity (some of my dearest friends are gay / lesbian).

So, no, I don't want to hear anyone else's sexy stories. It bothers me for many very legitimate reasons.

Brett Alex

Jul 22, 2008
mark_n_b said:
For the record, it irks me when straight guys or girls go dancing and play at kissing the same gender as it is often an excuse to show how mature and open they are, much more common with girls, You have no idea how many fake bi / lesbian / gay people I've come across in my life.
"What?! I'm comfortable with my sexuality, sorry it bothers you so much!"

No, no your not. You're just doing it to get attention. Feel free to stop anytime.

Mariena

Sep 25, 2008
I try to hit on as many women as I can, because I feel like it. Even when it is not appropriate, like that time when this class was taking a final exam. It was great though, as we eventually made passionate love.

Oh, what was this topic about again? Relationships? Yeah we have tons of those. Would you like a blue one? Red one? Maybe one with brand new hubcaps? This one over here has had a new windscreen. Clean as a whistle.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
I've never really thought about 'batting for the other team' so to speak. But then i'm straight, so I guess it's only natural, for me, that such things don't cross my mind.

I think it'd be funny to at least see my date through a woman's eyes though. And to save myself embarrasement I think I'd switch off her inner monologue whilst viewing it.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
mark_n_b said:

Be gay and be proud, I'm not even against having a thread or two about it. But it seems an unusual topic to be coming up with such frequency on the site. Much like the frequent religious threads, there are many gay support / pride / social forums out there.

Confusion is one thing as is being unable to come out, but it can become offensive pretty fast, when there are actual gay / lesbian / bi people out there that aren't playing and have to face the real issues involved with sexual identity (some of my dearest friends are gay / lesbian).

So, no, I don't want to hear anyone else's sexy stories. It bothers me for many very legitimate reasons.
Hey I don't even have to post anything mark summed it up pretty good. Kudos

BubbleGumSnareDrum

Dec 24, 2008
I'm about to try the other side soon... I've been curious about it for a while. I know I like girls, but I don't know for sure about the rest.

Captain Blackout

Feb 17, 2009
mark_n_b said:

Ok, I almost left this alone until it occurred to me I have a serious problem here. I do NOT mean to be disrespectful, I just want to state my case and get some feedback.

My first thought was "Why read the thread then? Let it go and move on." I decided to take my own advice. And then I got to thinking.

I used to go to sex-positive parties. I learned a lot about myself including the fact that I'm at least hetero-flexible. I also learned a bit about others including what it takes for some to overcome their own prejudices. I know the world is full of posers. However I watched some "posers" trying to act metro and be cool because they felt safer experimenting within that mindset. In the process they came to understand their own and others sexuality more. The world is homophobic and that blows goats but wouldn't it make sense to look for ways to guide the posers? The parties I went to attempted that very thing through healthy education in a well crafted environment. I'm NOT suggesting such events for everyone (the events I went to had some pretty involved rules about who could show up in order to protect people there) but I dunno....find a way to use the posers actions to help chip away at homophobia more? Anyway flame the hell out of me if you want I can take it.

Iskenator67

Dec 12, 2008
My Comfy Chair
Country
United States
Three things you should never talk about with others: Religion, Politics, Orientation. (Sexual or otherwise). The reason for this is there is just to many opinions and to many jerks for it to acutely be an intelligent discussion.

On Topic: I would rather cut my dick off and feed to my dog before I would even consider dating another guy. I love the (fill in the blank) and that is one thing that is NEVER going to change.

Captain Blackout

Feb 17, 2009
ravens_nest said:
Captain Blackout said:
I used to go to sex-positive parties.
Isn't that just an orgy then?

A sexually educating orgy? Hmm, I'll pass thanks.
No, it was not an orgy. Not even remotely. Ok, maybe remotely.... But I highly doubt it's what you have in mind. It was a place for people to meet, to talk, to read, to learn, to experiment. It was intelligently put together and the majority of people who showed up just hung out, enjoyed the food and drink and chatted with each other. Most of the talk was about more then orientation. We managed to discuss differing views about politics and religion without any fighting. But hey, good job drawing a snap conclusion (or did you miss the line about well-crafted environment)

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
I tried dating once.
It doesn't work well when you aren't sexually inclined.

But you've gotta love the fact that so many people are comfortable with talking about their sexuality on a gaming forum.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Captain Blackout said:
ravens_nest said:
Captain Blackout said:
I used to go to sex-positive parties.
Isn't that just an orgy then?

A sexually educating orgy? Hmm, I'll pass thanks.
No, it was not an orgy. Not even remotely. Ok, maybe remotely.... But I highly doubt it's what you have in mind. It was a place for people to meet, to talk, to read, to learn, to experiment. It was intelligently put together and the majority of people who showed up just hung out, enjoyed the food and drink and chatted with each other. Most of the talk was about more then orientation. We managed to discuss differing views about politics and religion without any fighting. But hey, good job drawing a snap conclusion (or did you miss the line about well-crafted environment)
I wasn't poking fun or anything. But you have to admit the phrase 'sex-positive parties' sounds kind of like an orgy.

EDIT:

MisterAnarchist said:
Not Good said:
Brotherofwill said:
Ohhh..I thought this would be about Jimi Hendrix.
I TOTALLY THOUGHT THAT TOO.
That makes three of us.
For the record... yeah me too.

NewGeekPhilosopher

Feb 25, 2009
Erana said:
I tried dating once.

But you've gotta love the fact that so many people are comfortable with talking about their sexuality on a gaming forum.
I'm not even going to begin talking about my sexuality on a gaming forum, because I'm a nerdy inexperienced lonely guy who has no idea how to even talk to a girl when trying to convince her I'm a worthy catch.

Sweep117

Jan 27, 2009
Erana said:
I tried dating once.

A. Agreed.
B. Haha! That's a good point! It's probably the facelessness. As much as I find it funny...

I have never done anything (dating or otherwise) with a man (Btw, I'm a man) nor will I ever. I'm quite straight. I had the chance to get involved with a guy (interperet that as you like) a few years ago but I turned him down. No disrespect to anyone but I can't stand the thought of having a romantic relationship with another man, experimental or not.