Are you fanboy/fangirl of something?

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
Definitely. Namely, I'm a fanboy of Halo, Mass Effect, Invader Zim and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I realize that Halo and MLP:FiM both have a lot of hate towards them too, but I think that both have genuinely interesting and well-executed stories. Halo isn't perfect and I won't pretend that it is. It has its flaws, but I feel it does what it does exceptionally well. For Mass Effect, I came to the party late, and I think it was both a shame and a boon for my ME fandom, mainly because I can't help but enjoy the second game more, that being the one that introduced me to the series, but because of that, I got the first game and played through both almost countless times. Of course, Tali helped. As for Invader Zim and MLP:FiM... I feel both are pretty unique, and cartoons like that are rare nowadays. Funny without having to be overly immature, intelligent without being haughty, and in Invader Zims case, it has the next best example next to Red vs Blue of an idiot that you can love simply BECAUSE they happen to be an idiot: GIR.

But, don't get me wrong, I won't stop from pointing out their flaws or what irritates me. Just because I happen to be a fanboy, doesn't mean my fandom blinds me. Well, at least, not to most things.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
I'm a fanboy of Nintendo, The Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, BioWare, Mass Effect, Star Wars, DC Animation, The Venture Bros., Chuck, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Dragon Ball, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Baccano!, Blade Runner, and probably some more things.

The two of those that are the most prevelant are Nintendo (I have a crap ton of Nintendo junk that isn't really worth anything) and Yu-Gi-Oh! (The time I've wasted on the anime and card game is, well, ridiculous). Also, don't get me started with slash pairings, I'm all over those...

WaywardHaymaker

Aug 21, 2009
If anything, I'm a fanboy of Mass Effect. I love the franchise so much and have poured FAR more hours of my life than I can count into playing both games. The characters, the plot, the gameplay, the setting... it's just a cauldron full of stuff I love. The only thing missing is... well, Mass Effect 3.

Now they're adapting the first game into a movie and my rage is STILL preventing me from getting anything accomplished.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I buy every single MegaTen game that comes out, even ports of games I already own. My desk is full of figurines, my wall has posters on it, and I've spent the past 2 and a half years now working on a Persona fan comic

...I suppose you could say I'm a bit of a fanboy :p

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
I'm a lord of the rings and doctor who fan boy. Lord of the rings because it was the first series I read and loved and I love the mythology. Doctor who because yes, its cheesy and campy at times, but its still one of the most creative and imaginative shows I've seen. It's also one of the very few things on tv worth watching now days.

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
Borderlands.

I mean seriously, don't tell me I don't spend too much time on the official forums [http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/member.php?u=43075] and that I know way too much about this game. [http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=112671] (I have almost all the chests in the game, Non-DLC, locations, directions, landmarks and all, all in my head.)

Some of the stuff was added on a whim, as well as the guide itself. I'm trying to cover everything in the game, including every last thing that can possibly drop loot and is worth farming. But I've been abandoning it lately for other tasks, like posting. And posting more. And posting more.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
I am a shameless Splinter Cell fanboy.

Yes, it's too easy and yes, it's fairly linear; I don't care, I love it! I love them all, and I love Sam Fisher! [small]As a fan, that is.[/small]

And he could totally kick Solid Snake's ass, bugger anyone who says different.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
I'm a fan of Doctor who, Hellsing, Metal gear Solid and.....well, devil may cry (This last ones currently under question though)

Tryforlive

Sep 1, 2009
Spice and wolf
Halo
Battlefield
Deathnote (manga)
League of legends
Zelda
The modern warfare games (just for the singleplayer).......... and i dont know why i like the single player
And sooooooooooooooo much more

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Aye. Like roughly 95% of Escapists (and the internet?), I am a Valve fanboy. Undoubtedly. They can do no wrong by me; so they've either done no wrong by me (somehow), or I'm a blind fanboy who will overlook even the largest of misteps. I don't think I'm willing to admit Valve is perfect, so my own blatant fanboyism it is!

IrradiatedFish

Sep 24, 2010
Of course. Though, regardless of what the definition of fanboy(/girl) actually is, I really dislike the word as I find that it commonly carries a negative connotation when people use it now-a-days. For example: Shut up fanboy! herp derp herp derp!... The internet has ruined a great many things for me (such as finding decent mature conversation towards subjects I find interesting; the escapist ain't half bad). Though, I suppose that the word "fan" does come from "fanatic", which also feels somewhat derogatory to me as well. Whatever, I'm just being picky, heh.

Wow I just got wayyyyy off-topic D:!

Anyhow, I guess you could call me a fan of a quite a handful of things. I'm a fan of all the consoles. They all have their merits. I'm a fan of several genres of games (had quite the collection spanning several gaming generations - till my house burned down), and I could go on and on about several favourites (series' and/or individual games). I'm a fan of Magic the Gathering. I'm a huge fan of Lego (I'm a grown man who likes Lego. So what!? It's a brilliant toy!). I'm all around a fan of various electronics; particularly I'm a fan of audio devices. Fan of computers of course as well. I love Skiing and mountain biking, but I'm not sure that "fan" is the correct term to describe my feeling towards those hobbies... And most importantly, I'm a huge fan of cats :3... in this case, you might wanna call me a fanatic ;)!

Well, I could keep on ramblin' but I think I'm done :)

alithanar8

Oct 12, 2009
I am a proud Ashley Williams Fanboy, Hinata Hyuuga fanboy, Bioware Fanboy, Star Wars Fanboy, and a Square Enix PS2 game only fanboy. There are other things I enjoy but these are the main focus I have.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
Hmm. Team Fortress 2 and Haruhi maybe? I spent the longest time listening to Hare Hare Yukai in all its variations and all of the image songs. Also, Yuki is made of win.
I wish my computer could actually run TF2 without any hiccups. I think I'd be a pretty damn awesome Medic if it did. I'm trying to become proficient with Crusader's Crossbow, but the hiccups screw me over forever. Same goes with changing Medigun targets in general for that matter.
Currently I'm trying to stock up on Shin Megami Tensei games while I can still find them too. Persona 4 is really damn good.