are you going to buy mass effect andromeda?

Feb 26, 2014
Nope. I haven't even played the first three games, despite the fact that I own them. Controller support really goes a long way.

Also, this doesn't leave a good impression.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
Already pre-ordered Deluxe edition. I love sci-fi space games and after 10 hours of EA trial i was convinced it was the game i would like despite it's flaws.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I can't buy anything for some while, whether I wanted to or not. But am observing the curious reactions that these releases conjour out of people. Rather interesting really.

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
Yes. Previous ME games, even the third one's ending imo, did not really disappoint me. It's still one of my favourite game series.

I'll judge the game based on my personal experience with it as I always did. This game was doomed to be hated by an internet subsection from the moment it was revealed. Honestly, the CDprojekt fanboys are really tiring me out (and btw, I loved The Witcher 3, so no, not a hater). There's this kind of insane competition thing being set up between the two companies without any need thereof.

Hilarious animation bugs will be critiqued by me too if they ever bother me in the experience. The early access scheme thing is poor value as is. The rest of the game will either speak for itself or it won't.

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
Hell to the NO.

I still remember 2012 quite clearly, and Bioware has just kept getting worse since, what with unhinged racists running around unchecked and a bunch of n00bs in charge of development. Good thing Mass Effing FanFic looks genuinely awful, so it's like Easy Mode to boycott. The only thing to decide when it comes to this release is whether to bother with making a show of spending what it costs on something else. Or just burning the money and sending them a picture.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Captain Marvelous said:
Nope. I haven't even played the first three games, despite the fact that I own them. Controller support really goes a long way.

Also, this doesn't leave a good impression.
Yet the older one somehow still looks better....

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Yeah I'm grabbing it, can't say I'll jump right into since WoW still has some serious pre-patch hooks into me but I'm getting it.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I don't have a PS4, I don't have an Xbox, my computer struggles to run Fez and can't run TF2 and this game isn't coming to Switch...so no, I'm not gonna get it. I played through the original trilogy as recently as...2 years ago I think and that was fine-just-fine. I would get this if I had a platform to play it on but not at launch.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
These days I don't even buy games I'm interested in on day 1, it just costs too much and I've got too many older games I never got around to beating to rationalize that sort of impulsive spending. So no, needless to say, I'm in no hurry to pick up that new Mass Effect game.

As I see it despite the name it's all new characters in a whole new place telling a whole new story. I've got no emotional investment, it might as well be a different franchise than the Mass Effect I once knew and as such I'll treat it like any other game. Neat if it turns out to be good, might buy it on sale someday, but no reason to particularly care otherwise.

Gizen

Nov 17, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
And of course he's voiced by Nolan North in his Nathen Drake voice and of course he talks like a guy filled with sarcastic quips.
DeadProxy said:
And also, just fuck Nolan North...go away from the industry for a couple years, god damn. Just stop being the main character in everything.
I like how you guys are complaining about Nolan North voicing a character he didn't voice in a game he's not even in. Scott Ryder is voiced by Tom Taylorson.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
No. I could live with weird graphics, animations, bad voice acting etc. I really could accept those flaws if I cared about the setting. But the idea that the game is set in another galaxy is something that I can't forgive. That IS the main part of the setting. And they got rid of it because they didn't know how to create a real sequel. Another big problem seems to be the writing. It is atrocious. Which makes ME:A just a bad spin-off.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
Honestly, it just makes me want to play other Bioware games. This one might be alright, but if the animations and poor dialogue are any indicator of what's to come(and this is what they showed us, what they wanted us to see) then I have doubts it'll be worth it. I liked Inquisition well enough, but the ending pissed me off to no end, and Mass Effect 3 was still iffy for me as well, so unless it comes out and even the detractors say good things about it, I can't see it being worth the money. Maybe $20 for the GOTY edition, but not until then, and not for anything less if the quality is as high as it currently appears to be. I don't want people to lose their jobs or anything, but I basically want someone to sit down with the people at Bioware and say "hey, the passion is there, but the quality is not." Seriously, I'm sure there is still a good Bioware development team underneath everything, they're just covered in too much rust and shit right now.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
Yeah after playing for 10 hours I put the pre-order in. Great game so far, none of the 'complaints' have really resonated with me. And after 10 hours I still can't get enough of just jumping everywhere with the jetpack. Makes combat so much more dynamic.

Oh, and the Nomad is awesome.

cleric of the order

Sep 13, 2010

of course not, the trilogy was done with the first 3.
they got progressively worse as things went on
the good writers in the staff left
this is a new division no? either way i don't have faith in it
major racist is a part of this staff, not fond of Canadians, just another nail but not a major one.
shit animations.
the game play looks uninspired
EA milking it's it for all it's got
EA
It's way too much at 70 cad
Neir automata came out earlier and I'd soon spend money on that if i was going to buy full price
I have for honour, tyranny, pillars of eternity
all of these reasons are for some folks reason enough not to consume this shallow peace of tripe.