Arkham City's New Game Plus Mode Ramps Up the Bat-Challenge

jovack22

Jan 26, 2011
I play Batman AA on Hard mode all the time anyway.

New challenge would be fun though.

Dapper Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
Rocksteady shortly thereafter released the brief follow-up statement: "Enjoy all of that free-time you don't have now. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!", to the accompaniment of a lightning strike.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Nothing all that unique. But a welcomed addition. I do often wish i could replay a game with all the goodies i had at the end of the game :D

which i guess explained y i sunk so much time into Diablo2

Misho-

May 20, 2010
Logan Westbrook said:
Arkham City's New Game Plus Mode Ramps Up the Bat-Challenge

Prove that you can handle yourself in Arkham City, and the game will let you really test your mettle.

In the New Game Plus mode, Ginn said, all of the enemy configurations were different and the game didn't help you out by showing you who was about to attack. Instead, players would have to take very careful note of enemy animations, and react accordingly.

This sounds just like Hard in Batman Arkham City... :( The only difference is that you keep you stuff from the previous run.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010

I'm officially doing this whenever there's a Arkham City news post...

Is there are New Story ++ mode? Because I'd probably play it again, and again...

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
Oh THANK YOU. The one thing that was missing from Arkham Asylum.
I also loved this feature with Jak 3.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
New game plus is a feature more games should have, especially in the adventure genre. I find that new game plus usually adds hours of replayability to a game for me.

AfroTree

Feb 21, 2010
TerribleAssassin said:

I'm officially doing this whenever there's a Arkham City news post...

Is there are New Story ++ mode? Because I'd probably play it again, and again...
Cant you just use

like everyone else?

Kwil said:
Personally, I just hope they've gotten rid of the cheating from the challenge modes. Stupid training dummy exploit on the consoles.
What? what cheating?

OT: I saw this news and my reaction was "why?! WHY MUST I CHOOSE DARK SOULS OR YOU" and then I realised. I must have both.

Now, where's my ski mask..

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Thomas Guy said:
No_Remainders said:
So basically it's a news report on something that Rocksteady are doing that was already featured in both Dead Space games (they're the most recent examples I could come up with)....?

Ok. Why is this newsworthy?
Well 1. Arkham City is going to be a strong contender for game of the year. 2. So what if Dead Space did it first? This is a 3rd person acting game not a first person shooter. Completely different. And 3. Because Dead Space was kind of a shitty game.
Dead Space was never a first person shooter.

No_Remainders said:
So basically it's a news report on something that Rocksteady are doing that was already featured in both Dead Space games (they're the most recent examples I could come up with)....?

It was also in Lufia II and Tales of Phantasia from 1995. Just because it games in 1995 had it doesn't mean that every game since have had it. It's news because it's a fact we were unaware of about a game that is soon to be released.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Thomas Guy said:
No_Remainders said:

Well 1. Arkham City is going to be a strong contender for game of the year. 2. So what if Dead Space did it first? This is a 3rd person acting game not a first person shooter. Completely different. And 3. Because Dead Space was kind of a shitty game.
I dont think deadspace qualifies as "shitty" there are worse games

anyway Im looking forward to AC, just got myself some "batman:the animates series" and "mask of the phantasm" to get myself in the mood

b3nn3tt

May 11, 2010
I really like the sound of this. I love New Game+ modes, as I enjoy keeping all of the skills/weapons/upgrades I've acquired, but the new game does tend to feel far to easy compared to the first time around. This seems to solve this issue by allowing you to keep everything you've picked up on your first playthrough but making things harder for you.

On a related note, I really like that you get to keep all of the gadgets from the first game; I hate it when a direct sequel comes up with some arbitrary reason to strip you of everything you spent so long getting in the first game.

So well done Rocksteady, yet another bit of information about this game that I see as a positive, to go with every single other thing I've heard and seen thus far.