Armello Preview - "It's Like Game of Thrones With Fluffy Animals"

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Armello Preview - "It's Like Game of Thrones With Fluffy Animals"

In Armello, clans of adorable woodland creatures are plotting to take out the Mad King.

Read Full Article

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Is this a hot seat style game? So four people can gather around and play it, or is it not?

beastro

Jan 6, 2012
I'm so fucking sick of everything being "It's like Game of Thrones, only...."

Kletian999

Aug 31, 2015
There's no hotseat feature, because of the prevalence of off turn card play, and the important "secret information" like your hand contents, your quest goal location, and even your position when stealth ed. The online multiplayer works through Steam or PS4 Network for Random or Friend's list matchmaking.

If you don't Like "Game of Thorns but Fluff" how about "Redwall/"Disney's Robin Hood" but with Dark Crow monsters spreading Rabies, Bird racism, and political backstabbing?

Point of fact on the article. There are Eight heroes, 4 of which can play at any time (no duplicates, but you can have say both Wolves opposed to each other). Reading the first published version gives the impression there are ONLY 4 heroes.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
beastro said:
Get used to it. The myriad of GoT rip offs are coming. Probably for a few decades.

It happened with Tolkien, it will certainly happen with Martin.

beastro

Jan 6, 2012
Fox12 said:
beastro said:
Get used to it. The myriad of GoT rip offs are coming. Probably for a few decades.

It'll be about a decade, the luster on GoT is already wearing off for people.

The thing about Tolkien is he didn't just create a fade in fantasy, he practically created the entire genre, hence why he's so imitated. GoT is pop culture catching up with a certain reaction in fantasy from the 80s and 90s that is as much a rebelling against the fantasy of the 60s and 70s as it is against the mold Tolkien cast the genre in.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
beastro said:
Fox12 said:
beastro said:

It'll be about a decade, the luster on GoT is already wearing off for people.

The thing about Tolkien is he didn't just create a fade in fantasy, he practically created the entire genre, hence why he's so imitated. GoT is pop culture catching up with a certain reaction in fantasy from the 80s and 90s that is as much a rebelling against the fantasy of the 60s and 70s as it is against the mold Tolkien cast the genre in.
Well, I certainly hope the fad dies down soon. I never understood the popularity of the series beyond the first book. The best I can say is that I hope it inspires better writers to branch out from Tolkien's rather formidable shadow.