Armello Update Adds Amulets, Customizable House Rules

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Armello Update Adds Amulets, Customizable House Rules

New Armello update includes amulets, house rules, and an Easter egg "for Darkest Dungeon fans."

Australian independent game studio League of Geeks has announced the first major post-launch update for their digital board game Armello [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/columns/pixels-and-bits/14676-Armello-Is-Good-Here-s-Why#&gid=gallery_4748&pid=1] - with the PlayStation 4 and DRM-free versions rolling out November 10.

The update includes a variety of additions, including two new hero-augmented amulets and house rules, which players can customize for each game. The update will also bring new weapons and armor, and promises improved stability when playing in multiplayer mode. The studio also teased an Easter egg "for fans of Darkest Dungeon."

"Our intention has always been to keep improving Armello with feedback from the fantastic community," said Trent Kusters, founder and director of League of Geeks. "The new update addresses the many requests we received for more customization options and house rules. We look forward to continuing our dynamic relationship with Armello fans, improving Armello in concert with our community as we have since the start of our Kickstarter campaign."

[gallery=4748]

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
I definitely liked Armello, but the update absolutely failed to address the two biggest problems with the game.

Rot victory being nearly impossible and Prestige victory being pathetically easy.

Until they fix that it'll continue to be one of those games I hop onto every once in a while to play with friends then ignore for the rest of the time.

shirkbot

Apr 15, 2013
shintakie10 said:
I definitely liked Armello, but the update absolutely failed to address the two biggest problems with the game.

Rot victory being nearly impossible and Prestige victory being pathetically easy.

Until they fix that it'll continue to be one of those games I hop onto every once in a while to play with friends then ignore for the rest of the time.
Weirdly, my friend managed a rot victory way before either of us managed to kill the king properly. I'll admit that the prestige game can be pretty lopsided.

Out of curiosity, have you been playing mostly with bots or with other people?

OT: Cool. I really like Armello so it'll be nice to have more of it to play.

Kletian999

Aug 31, 2015
shintakie10 said:

Rot victory being hard is intended, so why would they fix it? If you play a high wit character, it's the most beneficial for succeeding in that path. For Prestige, it's no longer a major victory path when players are good enough to finish their quests by Dawn 6. The times I have prestige won, it required multiple rounds of attacking or card sniping people who hadn't saved a +AP card. Also, the new houserule feature allows you to extend the king's life by 8 more turns, making getting 4 spirit stones super easy.