Army of Two Sequel Coming In Winter

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Army of Two Sequel Coming In Winter

Everyone's favorite vaguely homoerotic [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/87826-Your-Guide-to-Morally-Bankrupt-Games] co-op shooter is getting the sequel treatment in the form of Army of Two: The 40th Day, which finds heroes Salem and Rios having some hot Shanghai nights.

Kill terrorists, bump fists, crouch-run side-by-side with my bestest bro. Score the cash, go shopping, customize our guns with ribbons and rhinestones. What could be better than Army of Two's so totally-not-gay co-op shooter action? More of it. Army of Two: The 40th Hour, which is currently in the works at Electronic Arts' Montreal branch, will hit the 360, PS3 and PSP this winter.

The sequel will find uber-men Salem and Rios caught in the middle of some chaos taking place in Shanghai where a "carefully orchestrated series of mysterious catastrophes" is turning the bustling metropolis into a total warzone, leaving the Army of Two to sort things out and figure out the secret of "The 40th Day." Gameplay-wise, the sequel will expand the Army of Two's playbook of co-op tag-team maneuvers, "opening up new strategies and countless choices for both players."

"With Army of Two: The 40th Day, we're pushing the tactical two-man military team into new battlegrounds offering a completely organic and rich co-op experience to deliver an action-packed co-op shooter this winter," executive producer Reid Schneider boasted.

No word on whether The 40th Hour will tie into the planned Army of Two movie [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/87039]. As of October last year, the script was still in the works, so depending on how quickly they fast track the project, it might be ready for theaters come winter. That'd be a fun night, wouldn't it? Call up your best bro, go out somewhere nice for dinner, maybe do some window shopping, watch the Army of Two movie, then go back to your place and play the new Army of Two game. Together.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Heh, loved this game, bromance and all. My favorite part was when they got into an argument over which member of the Wu-Tang was better while an aircraft carrier was sinking.

It's Ghostface Killah, in case you were wondering.

Ray Huling

Feb 18, 2008
L.B. Jeffries said:
Heh, loved this game, bromance and all. My favorite part was when they got into an argument over which member of the Wu-Tang was better while an aircraft carrier was sinking.

Dude, I think that convo took place at the Chinese river lock.

Not to quibble or anything, bro.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Ray Huling said:
L.B. Jeffries said:

Dude, I think that convo took place at the Chinese river lock.

Not to quibble or anything, bro.
Might be randomly activated, which is even weirder because it means the bromance runs on an emergent narrative. I just remember playing the game with a pal while the ship is sinking and being in awe of how badly timed it was.

Synangel

Jun 20, 2008
YES! me and my friend had SO MUCH fun playing with game together, we beat it like 5 times.

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
I actually liked the game, as long as you played it in co-op. The gun customization was pretty cool, and if they improve it more for the next game it could be good.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Cant wait, it was the little touches that got me, like when rios trips salem up going through a door. No need for it but it makes them more human.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
My friend made a solid gold AK in the first one. It was pretty damn hilarious, this guy with a minigun was walking up and shooting peoples nipples off because they didn't hate him nearly as much as they hated the guy with the solid gold AK.
I hope to god there are similar situations in this one.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
xmetatr0nx said:
L.B. Jeffries said:

No, its the RZA
He's close and in terms of having a diverse career RZA has definitely expanded himself. His work with numerous film soundtracks is impressive and the albums he has put together, in particular Wu-Tang Meets The Indie for me, are pristine as always.

But Tony Stark aka Ghostface Killah is a freaking machine. Supreme Clientele, Ironman, and Fishscale...all of his solo albums are fantastic.

Exhibit A: this song is badass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXJzVxK-xgE

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
Im confused, is it The 40th Hour or The 40th Day? The first post says is both ways twice =/

They should deffinitly have some more team moves. Stepjump, door open manuever, and back-to-back are the only ones I can think of.