Arnold Schwarzenegger Might Be Appearing in The Predator

JaredJones

Jun 8, 2015
Arnold Schwarzenegger Might Be Appearing in The Predator

The action star-turned-governor-turned-action-star recently hinted at a meeting with Predator 4 director Shane Black.

These days, Arnold Schwarzenegger is kind of like an old rock band, touring the country and collecting his checks by trotting out the oldies that we all know and love. His role in the Expendables movies boiled down to little more than reciting the most infamous catchphrases he has coined over the years, he recently dusted off The Terminator for another (ill-advised) run in Terminator: Genisys, and he will be returning in the role that started it all when The Legend of Conan begins production. Hell, Ahhhnold's even announced that we can expect a Twins sequel, Triplets, at some point in the near future.

One role that Arnold hasn't hinted at reprising, however, is perhaps his most beloved one of them all: The uber-assassin Dutch from John McTiernan's 1987 classic, Predator.

Schwarzenegger was originally supposed to return to the sci-fi staple in Predator 2 until a contract dispute saw him replaced by Danny Glover, and has somewhat shockingly remained absent from the franchise's crossover films with Alien and the Adrien Brody-starring Predators released back in 2010. But that all may change with the upcoming fourth entry in the series, The Predator.

Speaking with his fansite, TheArnoldFans.com, The Governator revealed that he would be meeting with The Predator director Shane Black (who also portrayed Hawkins in the first film) about the project and whether there would be a potential role for him in it.

I haven't talked with Shane Black yet but I'm going to meet with him for lunch sometime soon. Just as soon as I'm finished with (Arnold's Sports Festival) and 'The Apprentice' and all this stuff. But I will get together with him. If there is any news, we'll of course let you know right away.

We got word back in December [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/165258-Predator-4-Co-Writer-Says-The-Script-is-Finished] that a script from Fred Dekker (Monster Squad) had been turned in for The Predator, and the early reaction to it was overwhelming positive. Unfortunately, this is why some believe the idea of Schwarzenegger reprising his role could actually hurt the film.

Aside from the obvious limitations that Arnold's age would place on his role, the Predator franchise is one former Schwarzenegger vehicle that seems content to move on without him. When discussing the script turned in by Dekker, Producer John Davis told Collider that [http://www.screenjunkies.com/movies/films/predator-4-script-is-complete-2984071] "...the writing is so fresh, the perspective is so fresh. I'm telling you, you're going to get something you don't expect and you're going to say, 'This is the most entertaining way to reinvent a franchise.'"

By bringing back Dutch in any capacity, really (aside from maybe a cameo role reminiscent of Dutch's general [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-OW4SAZgXY] in the original), The Predator would be doing anything but reinventing itself, and given the success of Terminator: Genisys, it might be best to just go this one alone.

We'll see how things turn out, but for now, The Predator is currently scheduled to hit theaters on March 2nd, 2018.

Source: AintItCool [http://www.aintitcool.com/node/74609?utm_source=full-feed&utm_medium=feed&utm_term=coolnews&utm_campaign=1310_RSS]

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
If there's one thing I'll fully admit to being a fanboy of it's Aliens and Predators. I can honestly say that I've enjoyed every movie in both franchises - even both the AvP movies :p - but again: I'm a fanboy.

As such I can't wait to see a new Predator movie, and if The Governator's going to be in it, all the better. :3

Black Fire Dragon13

Jan 24, 2015
At his age, I'd be surprised if he is involved in any of the fights. I'm personally expecting him to play a supporting character, one that fills the protagonist in on what they're going up against.

American Fox

Le Best Tank
Aug 14, 2012
JaredJones said:
One role that Arnold hasn't hinted at reprising, however, is perhaps his most beloved one of them all: The uber-assassin Dutch from John McTiernan's 1987 classic, Predator.
THEY'RE A RESCUE TEAM, NOT ASSASSINS!

American Fox

Le Best Tank
Aug 14, 2012
We better get some Arno-Corp songs in there.

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU DILLON?!
WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU DILLON?!
STICK AROUND!
STICK AROUND!

https://youtu.be/xizJZeGfE34

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
But he's too old to be in a Predator movie. He's been pushing too many pencils as governor.

King_Julian

Jun 10, 2009
wud love to see this happen dont care wat people say............may not see him take the main role but just be there in some form!

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
American Fox said:
JaredJones said:
Damn you! I was hoping to post that first.

American Fox

Le Best Tank
Aug 14, 2012
votemarvel said:
American Fox said:
JaredJones said:
<3<3<3

Pretty sure he put it that way to see who caught it. XD

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Predators will official, and permanently, removed from the badass villains list, if one of them is single handed defeated by a lone 70 year old man.

Mar 26, 2008
008Zulu said:
Predators will official, and permanently, removed from the badass villains list, if one of them is single handed defeated by a lone 70 year old man.
Need I remind you that a 43 year old, out of shape, Danny Glover beat one? Let that sink in for a while...

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
008Zulu said:
He only won by pure luck in the original movie. I'd be willing to accept a person at 70, in good shape, defeating a Predator with the proper preparation.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Predictions on the next Predator movie - it's set during Christmas, the lead will be a down-on-his-luck everyman, possibly with a sidekick addicted to heroin, oh and it will be set mostly at night with lots of splosions, but strangely for a Predator movie, very little alien tech. There will be an opening or closing theme that ill be full-on 80s cheese, like an episode of MacGyver or A-Team.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
lol, i guess he will shout out again: head to the choppaaaaaaah.
or
you're one ugly motharfucker.

so why not. he may be old but looks like he still can keep up.

JaredJones

Jun 8, 2015
American Fox said:
votemarvel said:
American Fox said:
JaredJones said:
<3<3<3

Pretty sure he put it that way to see who caught it. XD
;)

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
Black Fire Dragon13 said:
At his age, I'd be surprised if he is involved in any of the fights. I'm personally expecting him to play a supporting character, one that fills the protagonist in on what they're going up against.
Part of the briefing?
Either a civilian expert or even an agency member who tries to warn them maybe.
There's a plethora of ways it could work.
It might even be good to see an older, more tired Blaine finally taken down by a Predator.
Or overlooked as he's no longer a challenge, only to land a good blow on it and provoke an attack.

Whatever they go with I hope he agrees.
I'd just be happy to see him in it.
It's always a bit nicer when a movie tries to welcome a new generation of fans without cutting ties with the older, nostalgic ones.