Artificial Heavens and Fake Worlds (entries Closed)

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
TheIronRuler said:
Lost In The Void said:
Hold on - Did you see what I've submitted, or are you going to continue ignoring my character sheet?

I was the first to try out a character for your RP, and so far I've been pretty much overlooked.
Maybe it's so complete that it requires no editing from the DM?

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
ThreeWords said:
TheIronRuler said:
Lost In The Void said:
Hold on - Did you see what I've submitted, or are you going to continue ignoring my character sheet?

I was the first to try out a character for your RP, and so far I've been pretty much overlooked.
Maybe it's so complete that it requires no editing from the DM?
I like the hidden compliment.
I don't know whether or not it's approved by the GM. I've had this doubt at the back of my mind, and I had to speak out to put it at ease. The GM addressed all of the other applicants but me. Perhaps you're right, and I've been inadvertently rude to the GM.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
TheIronRuler said:
Lost In The Void said:

Shit thought I addressed it, trulely sorry. Been busy with a move.

TheIronRuler said:
I'll try and play along. The limits to what I could do seem vague, but I do love cyber-punk.

Here's a washed up, bitter and old Russian ghost-turned street rat.
The reason I didn't immediately post something is that I saw it really didn't need any edits to it either so again my apologies if I offended, it looks like a good sheet.

SamRatsbane

May 24, 2014
Lost In The Void said:
Should almost call this the Nail fetishist eh Sam?
Alright, here's what the mack is thinking. From what I'm coming to understand, these hacks are for the most part intended to be things which alter the game-world rather than the playable characters themselves, right? I like the "Penetrative Fingers" idea for climbing walls and situations like that, that suits the character pretty well.

Regarding the skewers, I've had another idea: what about acryllic nails that Vanilla can change the structure of to make them longer, harder and sharper? Six centimeters is like five centimeters, I'm gonna try and negotiate you up to six inches here. This could be a joint hack/weapon, the nails on their own are useless but once they've been extended and fortified they're basically as useful as Freddy knives. So long as the transformation's kept discreet, it's not gonna strain any bystander's disbelief that somebody could've manufactured themselves some really long fake nails.

Cables I have a couple of suggestions for: if these nails are plastic and their structure could be modified to make them harder, it could also be modified to make them stretchier and more flexible, right? They'd wear pretty thin if they were strained too far, so maybe they'd have an operative range of about five feet. Alternately, a regular old electrical cable that Vanilla could manipulate like a seventh limb. I like the theming of being able to modify the fake nails in an assortment of different ways, but at the same time, I think it's a pretty fun idea that this character'd carry an electrical cable around in the hopes that somebody'd tie her up or whip her with it.

If the nails are plastic, then it doesn't make sense that the current'd be passed through them, plastic's an insulator, so I'm changing that one to a shock coming out of her fingertips, or I guess her regular nails. Finger-lube I have to contest, 'cause I'm almost positive there's gonna be at least one or two points in the RP where I'll find a practical use for it. I mean, an actual practical use.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
TheIronRuler said:
Have they removed the alert for being quoted? I haven't had any notifications, and it's a little disconcerting that I don't know when I get quoted any more...

Lost In The Void said:
Been busy with a move.
Speaking of moving, I'm moving into my new flat at the beginning of next week, and I can't guarantee that I'll have wifi at first. I can get a connection via my phone, but it'll be best if we put off the beginning of the game until I get a reliable connection.

This also goes for MelodyKat0, who will be moving in with me. (Hurrah!)

SamRatsbane

May 24, 2014
ThreeWords said:
Have they removed the alert for being quoted? I haven't had any notifications, and it's a little disconcerting that I don't know when I get quoted any more...
Let's find out.

Lost In The Void

Aug 27, 2008
ThreeWords said:
TheIronRuler said:

Lost In The Void said:
Been busy with a move.
Speaking of moving, I'm moving into my new flat at the beginning of next week, and I can't guarantee that I'll have wifi at first. I can get a connection via my phone, but it'll be best if we put off the beginning of the game until I get a reliable connection.

This also goes for MelodyKat0, who will be moving in with me. (Hurrah!)
I'm moving this Friday so I'm in the same boat, gonna try and keep updating via phone but I'm trying to hold this train off until I'm settled and set up

SamRatsbane

May 24, 2014
https://31.media.tumblr.com/76480553b1c2445c04eef838713dd26f/tumblr_inline_na9q42vHd41r79jjl.gif

The boyf told me "you need to show the people in that cyberpunk roleplay youre in this gif and tell them thats what the roleplays gonna be like". Working on getting him to sign up.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
SamRatsbane said:
https://31.media.tumblr.com/76480553b1c2445c04eef838713dd26f/tumblr_inline_na9q42vHd41r79jjl.gif

The boyf told me "you need to show the people in that cyberpunk roleplay youre in this gif and tell them thats what the roleplays gonna be like". Working on getting him to sign up.
your boyfriend is a chode idiot im gonna go fight thon on facebook shit wait i looked at the gif thats exactly what its going to be

man but yeah they totally removed quote notifications

SamRatsbane

May 24, 2014
Monkfish Acc. said:
man but yeah they totally removed quote notifications
[http://s568.photobucket.com/user/masdalgred/media/theytotallyremovedquotenotifications_zps673e52d4.png.html]

You're a fucking idiot, Tilly.

SamRatsbane

May 24, 2014
Monkfish Acc. said:
i just checked and it turns out i had them turned off
I was gonna threaten to beat you to death, but when I quoted your post I remembered about the ghost-writing thing and I remembered what a great website this is.

netrunnerz

Jun 2, 2014
Monkfish Acc. said:
netrunnerz said:
Monkfish Acc. said:
SamRatsbane said:

your boyfriend is a chode idiot im gonna go fight thon on facebook shit wait i looked at the gif thats exactly what its going to be
i dont know what a chode is but i know i am not one also im working on a character despite the fact that this forum is ugly as fuck and cannot even come close to comparing to glorious gaiaonline dot com >:^)
im reporting this post
meet me in the pit

netrunnerz

Jun 2, 2014
i have established cyberpunk ocs but instead i decided to make one of my not cyberpunk ocs cyberpunk ok

Name: Alice Babineaux
Handle: Rabbit
Sex: female-coded thats all u need 2 kno
Class: Decker
Hacks:
Warp: simple spatial distortion hack. Typically uses it as a shield, distorting the space immediately around her to deflect physical attacks. With longer prep, it can be used to jump short distances by making the space between two points relatively shorter (can only safely be used for small distances of a few hundred feet).

Reboot: resets the simulation within a max 10ft radius of herself to its original settings, thus disabling any hacks. Takes a lot of prep, and also would reset her own hacks, so she doesn't use it very much.

Pinch: targets the nervous system and causes the victim to feel intense pain in a specific body part, without there being any physical cause for it.

Mind Rain: randomly dredges up memories of the target, causing them to play over in their head, effectively distracting them. Depending on the nature of the target's memories, it can be anything from a mild annoyance to very traumatic.

Spook: targets sensory perception and causes hallucinations. Typically just sticks with auditory/olfactory hallucinations, as tactile and visual hallucinations require more complex coding.
Personality: Among her family and school mates, she's quiet and timid. Doesn't talk much or associate with others outside of necessity or social obligation. Among other Breakers however, she lets her true self show, wild and cruel and unrestrained. She is stubborn, and intelligent, though ignorant of many things.

Biography: She comes from a rather dysfunctional family. Her father is a drunk, addicted to gambling, and not kind. Her mother is distant, too wrapped up in her own misery and self-pity to pay much attention to her children. Her older brother is a grown adult, and is the most stable and responsible of all of them, though he tends to keep his distance rather than be manipulated into lending their father money. Alice hates them all, and wishes they would all just disappear. The reason she got into hacking was so she could just write a code that would erase all of them from existence. Of course, such a thing is complicated, and probably impossible. Her initial foray into such things also got her involved in a street game called Ripper, where amateur sourcebreakers form teams and have battles in dirty back alleys. It's a game commonly played by children pretending to be the real deal, and most of the time isn't any more dangerous than a particularly rough game of tag. Alice, though not officially on a team, plays from time to time and is a pretty big deal among the other kids. Mostly due to her anonymity, and the eerie rabbit mask she wears whenever she plays. While most kids play for fun, Alice plays to hone her skills, as she plans on one day actually becoming the BIGGEST deal.

Weapons: N/A

Notes: her face claim is Natalie Portman in Leon the Professional, but with messier hair and crooked teeth. Wears a rabbit mask [http://www.polyvore.com/polyvore_clipper/thing?context_id=132040295&context_type=collection&id=116378649] whenever she is among other breakers, as well as a cool jacket [http://www.polyvore.com/ffffound_ymfy/thing?context_id=132040295&context_type=collection&id=64596037]. She roller blades everywhere. Typically when she's doing her under cover thing, she presents more masculinely.

oversizedant

Dec 1, 2010
I'm gonna give ghost a go, but you might wanna check on my flicker hack. Also I make use of critical hits, if thats okay.
Name: John Smith
Handle: Slither
Sex:M
Class:Ghost
Hacks:
Flicker- John modifies the way his avatar and its immediate surroundings reflect light, making parts of his body appear to flicker in and out of existence. This makes it difficult for opponents to land a solid blow in combat as you cant never truly tell where he really stands, granting an effect similar to evasion or concealment. This hack modifies the lighting engine in spaces on or around Johns avatar for no more than a second per location, and as such does not disrupt code for very long in any single location. This hack behaves as a chameleon effect in terms of sneaking, as in you are only partially concealed, but can throw someone off who only saw you briefly, or in dim light. (Stealth)

Curse of Tongues- John scrambles vocal recognition in a large area for 15 to 20 seconds, preventing intelligible conversation or advanced thought of any kind.

Tertiary Responsive ICE Barrier- John is the paranoid sort. Paranoid enough to have not just 2, but three separate ICE barriers, making him a very poor choice of target to ghost hack. On top of this his third ICE Barrier is responsive, and will continually attempt to disrupt the controls(keyboard, thought recognition, etc) of anyone interacting with it. If a hack attempt lasts too long his secondary barrier will re-code itself with new protocols, which must be broken again, and starts resetting progress on the third barrier.(Ghost Hack?/Defensive)

Code Degradation- A ghost hack that instead of giving control of an avatar or piece of technology, slowing peels off its coding, making it glitch or function incorrectly. Could cause inhibited movement, blindness, or inability to use an ability that person or object possessed. This coding usually is repaired over time. (Ghost Hack.)

Twitch- John is known to preemptively twitch to block or avoid expected blows with extraordinary speed. He uses this same reflex to land blows in just the right spot if he catches an opening, maximizing potential damage output. If John studies a target uninterrupted for at least 30 seconds he can make a Twitch Attack against them- a nearly unnoticeable attack that automatically causes severe critical damage. Twitch Attacks can been seen with Sight Sensory Improvements. (Body Modification?/Sensory?)

Personality: John is a man who attempts to keep his work life at work. He is cold and ruthless on a job, taking almost any means necessary to remove his target. this type of demeanor is usually not liked outside of the work environment so hes takes to alcohol to ease the social intricacies of everyday interactions. He cant stand people sober, but drunk he's quite the people person. This has lead to a form of light alcoholism, nearly depending on the substance for any non-official business. John would tell you he has no weaknesses, but one of them happens to be Bacardi.

Biography: ERROR 404: FILE NOT FOUND is all anyone sees when trying to get information on "Slither". Born with the generic name of John Smith, he has always faded into the background. He has found his ability to stay unnoticed helped him avoid drama and that was the way he liked it, perfecting his ability to walk through an area hidden in plain sight. When John heard of corporate ghosts he figured he had found his calling. After telling the parents he was emotionally detached to that he found a corporate job (not entirely a lie) he moved out after performing his first hit at 21. Through multiple scares of being caught he changed his handle to slither and buried all information on himself, just leaving the notorious idea of a snake like assassin.

That first paragraph is all anyone would want John to know about him. John however has a weakness for alcohol. It makes him want to have fun, an instinct he so rarely follows. When off contract John can be found talking up all sorts in bars and clubs. This is usually how he meets his business partners when he's in the higher class clubs, and also how he unwinds. He never drinks too much though. If he drinks more than a few something could go wrong, and in his line of work, a slip of the mouth is the most fatal slip of all.

Weapons: 3 Daggers concealed on his person(Ankle,Sleeve,Waist), balanced for throwing. He also carries an antique looking .357 revolver, in case things go sour.

Notes: John is usually wearing a shirt and tie with a sweater vest, and khakis. Short cut hair and thin edged glasses add to his professional look. He will change clothes dependent on the contract he has, whatever helps him blend in in the end.

Lost In The Void

Aug 27, 2008
For those wondering I'll be without internet for about a week now. Will try to get some editing in on my phone but it will definitely take longer than on my computer.

Melodykat0

Aug 4, 2014
Name: Henry Arthur Carver

Handle: Modo (from Quasimodo)

Sex: Male

Class: Street Rat

The Bogart: A hack used mainly for intimidation and interrogation. It involves a process of working out a person's fears and then making them a reality. This aggressive ghost hack would create hallucinations of someone's worst fears. Unfortunately "The Bogart" does not give instant results, instead Modo tests effects and refines the process, creating new and more detailed horrors tailor made for each victim over time. It can become effective within 5 minutes, but for the most terrifying results it's best to wait 12 hours to several days. Modo often shadows a victim for days on end, attempting to wear down their defences before a later attack.

Glamour: This hack doesn't make Modo invisible, but it might as well. It alters people's perceptions slightly, allowing Modo to blend into the background unseen and unnoticed, forgotten as soon as someone looks away. So long as he's not communicating with anyone or making an effort to be seen; this hack does a pretty good job of concealing him. If someone were attempting to track him they could, but otherwise he could sneak by unnoticed in most situations.

Distressing Accuracy: For short periods Modo can boost his reflexes and response time, allowing him to throw knifes with incredible precision and speed. He can put a knife through a tossed coin on the other side of a room and tell you which side is pinned to the wall. This kind of boost is not sustainable for any more than a few seconds at a time and at least a 5 minute cool off period/recovery time.

Appearance: Modo is a shuffling hunchbacked character with huge bulbous and cancerous growths engulfing a large portion of his body (hence the nickname). But even hunched over, he still stands as tall as many other men. His condition is not one that attracts attention, more often people are repelled from him in shame and disgust. Despite his hideous skin condition and spinal problems, his body is well fed and in good shape. It is rumoured that his condition is self inflicted, as he appears to delight in the effect it has on others.

Personality: Modo is a man who makes jokes, but is not friendly. Years of ill treatment based on his condition have left him unwilling to trust even others like himself. If his gallows humour does amuse, he takes it only as an opportunity to shoot down anyone who dares laugh.
He professes to be uncaring about life and the people in it, but deep down his anger and bitterness sits like an open wound, distorting his actions and souring the few chances he has at friendship.

Biography: Growing up Modo didn't have many friends, he grew up on the streets after being abandoned at birth for his deformities. He developed into his teenage years thinking he was ugly and stupid, but overcame this soon after realising that feeling sorry for himself wasn't going to get him fed. He built his way up the food chain, stealing, gambling and conning his way to the top of his game. A couple of years down the line a movement was passed by the public decreeing mandatory body mods for the "unsightly"; a movement that Modo didn't take to lightly. Modo is fiercely independent and revels in the fact that his form repulses others. He doesn't enjoy working with others but he'll do a lot of things if you pay him well enough. Many suspect that Modo must be in fact very wealthy considering all the "jobs" he takes on. But he gambles his money away often or spends it on booze and drugs.

Weapons: Modo has a love of knives, of all shapes and sizes. At the moment, he carries three: a heavy, saw bladed knife for cutting through thick rope (or stubborn limbs), a scalpel (for the aiding his inquiries) and a flick-knife when a mark tries to fight back.

RBMidknight

Elite Member
Nov 27, 2009
An update from [user]Lost in the Void[/user] (by proxy) : He'll be back online on the 7th and will try to get the RP started a week after that.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
RBMidknight said:
An update from [user]Lost in the Void[/user] (by proxy) : He'll be back online on the 7th and will try to get the RP started a week after that.
The thread has life! Hurrah!