Artist Reimagines Disney Princesses as Game of Thrones Characters

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
shtoops said:
Objectable said:
So, if Daenerys Targaryen is Elsa, does that mean she was fucking Anna?
Well that seems to already be a popular opinion throughout alot of the fans of Frozen. That they are having/will have/should have an incestuous, lesbian relationship. So it's kind of interesting that the artist made Elsa a character from a family known for incest. But whatever, I can see where people get the idea from, and I won't argue.

Basically, my answer to your question is yes.
EW! Why? People seem to get more and more dirty minded.
ANYWHO! This art isn't fantastic, and not a particularly imaginative use of either disney princesses or Game of Thrones. Earlier in Januarary I think it was had a much better use of the subject of Game of Thrones which was combined with traditional japanese woodart. These are like rough sketches to a better idea.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Floppertje said:
So are zombies, I didn't see the 5 or so series of 'disney princesses reimagined as zombies' on here. And I'm pretty sure I've seen far cooler stuff done with ASOIAF that wasn't on here either, so... why this?
You must not have read the letter from Greg Tito on how Escapist is widening their scope of news stories. Or if you did, you completely missed the context and content of that letter. Either way, even prior to that letter there's been a lot of oddball news stories that have cropped up on Escapist, and this is probably the least oddball of the ones I've seen. Besides it fits geek culture just fine, and yeah Zombies are "part" of geek culture but maybe those pictures didn't strike the staff as memorable enough to post as this mashup that seems to have been well thought out and not just arbitrary.

LaoJim

Aug 24, 2013
This brought a smile to my face. However I scrolled through the first few, got to the group shot and didn't think there were any more. As a result I was scratching my head a bit for some of the choices, especially as some of them play around with race quite a bit.

Mulan isn't nearly butch or ugly enough to be Brienne, but as the most martial princess I guess it the best choice.
I thought that Olenna Tyrell was either the witch who curses Dany in book one or the dwarf fortune teller from book three.
I thought Meera Reed must be one of the Sand Snakes, but then I couldn't see the frog on the spear. (another great crossover reference)
I assumed that Ellaria Sand was one of Dany handmaidens.
The others were fairly easy.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Art could be better, but it's a fun idea and a lot of them make sense in some roundabout way.
008Zulu said:
Nice art, but it isn't Daenerys Targaryen. It's Daenerys Stormborn of house Targaryen.
I'm sorry, but if you're going to be like that, you leave me no choice. It's nothing personal, but
The things you make me do.

Apr 17, 2009
Some of those choices do seem a bit arbitrary. Ariel, someone usually known for her child-like sense of wonder and innocence, as the somewhat vampish (probably not using that word right, but what the hey) Melisandre is odd, as the article states, and I'm having trouble seeing what the connection between Elsa and Daenerys is other than "white hair" (Anna seems the better choice really, as someone who did not expect to be in a position of power suddenly having responsibility thrust on them partly due to the errors of another and becoming a stronger character for it).
Although Lilo-Arya is adorable, I'll give him that

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
balladbird said:
Belle as Margery Tyrell is one of those choices that makes more and more sense the more you think about it, considering her role in the first act of the story was basically using her wits and courage to remain in the good graces of the monster that fate decided to place her with. XD

Snow White, though, was just a poor choice for Shae. Granted, Disney's squeaky-clean image wouldn't allow any of its princesses to make a good transition into prostitution, but you could have at least picked one who was canonically older than 14.
Well as "Evil" Therumancer I feel the need to point out that being medieval or at least based on the middle ages, they wouldn't be following the American standard of adulthood and sexual morality, no more than a lot of the rest of the world does. Truthfully at 14 she'd be more than old enough to whore, or be married out for that matter. I mean if we're going to be disturbing enough to cast a Disney princess as a prostitute in a dark fantasy story, they might as well go all out, no? :)

Now all we need is to have someone make "Disney Princesses as prostitutes in a high quality bordello" each displaying her own erotic specialty.... on second thought, no... we really don't need that. :)

All joking aside, the big reason I responded is that with Disney's recent diversification there has been a lot of speculation about the Princess line and where it might be going, especially in terms of the popularity of Marvel products. Allegedly there has been some talk about wanting to have "Disney Princess" and a more limited "Classic Princess" lineup featuring only classic animated Disney characters. Discussions about Storm, or Black Widow (whose last name "Romanov" was at one time implied to make her descendent of the Russian Romanov family implying her lineage goes back to Anastashia though I believe this was dropped, it's an angle that could be picked up again) being added to the lineup have been floating around for years now. If they start dipping into some darker territory (former tribal goddesses turned street thief turned X-man turned part time mutant terrorist gang leader , or an assassin government or freelance) I suppose it's only a matter of time before they decide to actually have a Disney princess with a backround as a prostitute (via being a victim of human trafficking or whatever). Given Jasmine's harem girl outfit, use of a whip, and the way family members have been used in some middle eastern cultures, there has already been some off color speculation about what she might have actually been doing on behalf of the kingdom before she met Aladdin (maybe it's just me, but I'm guessing she wasn't a virgin)....

At any rate, give it time, and I suspect the desire for money will stretch the definition of "Princess" even further and move from simple politically correct territory into economic backrounds, and even wanting to give some of the girls dark backer backstories in order to be "inspirational". It will happen steps at a time, but I'd imagine to begin with we'll see a princess line show up involving at least some Marvel characters, and then in a decade or so there will be a definite division. Whether it's truly being discussed or not, I think the business aspects of things will intevitably lead to that "classic princess" sub-group, with a more inclusive and darker general "princess" label replacing it at the forefront.