Arts & Crafts ideas?

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
I need something to occupy preschoolers, so obviously it needs to be simple. The theme is Autumn, hopefully specifically related to nuts. But here's the really annoying part: I'm pretty sure I can't actually bring acorns or walnuts or anything. I'm not sure what their allergies are but I'd like to avoid having a kid die on me.

Any ideas?

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Leaves? Autumn leaves are pretty. And there's a lot you can do with them; sticking, drawing, painting on the leaves and pressing it out on paper, the old crayon method, too.

Oisin XD

Oct 15, 2009
Make art out of fallen leaves or something. You can either stick them on with glue, or put down a piece of paper on top of a leaf and draw across it with a soft hand.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Make animals out of leaves. TRY MAKING A STEAGSAURUS OUT OF LEAVES :D
You might create some interesting concepts for grass-type Pokemon and you can claim intellectual rights to the designs.

(Avoid poisonous leaves however.) Use glue that isn't prittstick because I found prittstick to be very shit as a kid and hated, hated using it and anything that used it because It doesn't work if you're under the age of 18

Kekkles

Feb 19, 2010
Cakes said:
I need something to occupy preschoolers, so obviously it needs to be simple. The theme is Autumn, hopefully specifically related to nuts. But here's the really annoying part: I'm pretty sure I can't actually bring acorns or walnuts or anything. I'm not sure what their allergies are but I'd like to avoid having a kid die on me.

Any ideas?
Do what I've done when teaching kids, take them onto the school field (if you have one) and get them to pick out things they want to use on their drawing.

If you don't have one bring in pinecones and teach them how to make bird-feeders with them. It's hella easy.

DonMartin

Apr 2, 2010
Kekkles said:
Do what I've done when teaching kids, take them onto the school field (if you have one) and get them to pick out things they want to use on their drawing.
Agreed. I did that too when I worked at a daycare, the kids loved it. It's not what it is that matters, it's that they picked it.