As I watched the video I began to cry

Consistence

Feb 1, 2009
I am talking about Dante's Inferno, a game based of the literary work that is the Divine Comedy. I'm not sure why I was so upset. Maybe because I have a great appreciation for great classics like this one, or I know that EA, will make a half- assed game.

What are your thoughts on this game?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4hv89_-8n4 ( the trailer if you wish, be warned)

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
I think it has the potential to be great, as long as it is not rushed and poorly executed.

Talendra

Hail, Ilpalazzo!
Jan 26, 2009
The game looks like it could be fun. Though I have not read the book, I think I will play the game, then read the book, so I do not know how much EA raped it and can just enjoy the game.

stinkypitz

Jan 7, 2008
I don't think that game should be made. I mean, it looks cool and all, it just strikes me as, disrespectful to the artist, if you know what I mean. Maybe I'm wrong.

EDIT: It's like, if they made a game based on Macbeth. Sure it would be awesome, but would shakespeare approve? (Nay.)

Consistence

Feb 1, 2009
yes and then once they are done with this they can start their Romeo and Juliet game as well (begins to shudder at the prospect)

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
I still don't understand how EA thinks it's a good idea to make Dante a badass. In The Inferno he passes out twice (three times? Been a while since I read the book last) he's really not a scythe wielding warrior; he's a poet.

GDW

Feb 25, 2009
If I didn't think the Divine Comedy is, not only Dante's worst work, but one of the most bloated, over-spoken and HORRIBLY over-rated works of literature in history, I'm sure this would have had a much more profound impact on me.

However, it just looks lame as hell.

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
The book wasn't that great to begin with. Basically a writer wanted to spit at those people he disliked.

Jarc42

Feb 26, 2009
GDW said:
If I didn't think the Divine Comedy is, not only Dante's worst work, but one of the most bloated, over-spoken and HORRIBLY over-rated works of literature in history, I'm sure this would have had a much more profound impact on me.
YES. Why so much drama/tears over what a video game company is doing with the content of a VERY overrated literary work? I don't appreciate the work as much as others, so I can't relate to you guys.

Hydrus

Oct 16, 2008
Consistence said:
yes and then once they are done with this they can start their Romeo and Juliet game as well (begins to shudder at the prospect)
Hark, what lens flare from yonder window breaks?