As I watched the video I began to cry

quack35

Sep 1, 2008
Eh. Looks pretty good, though probably won't have much to do with the book.

GDW

Feb 25, 2009
TheNecroswanson said:
Yes I read it all. Ever think that maybe something can be so bad that it becomes an art form though?
I really hope that was a typo or you meant to say something else...

PuckFuppet said:
GDW, I'm gonna go ahead and assume you read it and didn't like it? As opposed to just carrying the views and opinions of another person about it around as your own?

If so then, you didn't like it. That is NO reason to say everyone else won't.

I personally loved it. But then again I don't have any friends on the forums yet so maybe I'm just a retard.
Your assumption would be correct, as I rarely take other's critques seriously...now, if you'd read back to my last post...

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Talendra said:
The game looks like it could be fun. Though I have not read the book, I think I will play the game, then read the book, so I do not know how much EA raped it and can just enjoy the game.
Here lies the reason I think this should be made. Even if it is horrible, it will get some people interested in the original text and convince them that there is something interesting too it. Spread the literature love.

Also, I can see this game going horribly wrong. Here's to hoping otherwise.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
GDW said:
TheNecroswanson said:
Perfect. The more dull the book the better time I have reading it and building imagery around it ^_^.
...did you miss the rest of my post? About the poor narrative? The way it's presented?
It's a boring book because it doesn't give you enough to build on. You just read it and comprehend.

Oh, whatever. Apparently alot of people like it, I hope you can.
Oh, come on. It's not like it's a DH Lawrence story.

51gunner

Jun 12, 2008
I tried reading the Inferno, but didn't get too far into it. I've got a lot of friends over in the nearby arts school who know it front to back though (it's required reading for them), so I might throw this at them just to watch the 'shock and awe'.

I think a game in which you fight through the literary circles of hell could be exciting, I just think it'd be a travesty to do it as a "reimagined" Dante. Make the character someone else, and leave the canonically established character alone.

This 'canon' is looooong established. Tread lightly, because it's an antique and the fans will riot.

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
Oh dear, the book was great, now this could end in two ways, Absoulute hell, or somthing amazing, The trailer looked good but I highly doubt you will ever be able to any of that...*Sigh*

Talendra

Hail, Ilpalazzo!
Jan 26, 2009
I obviously haven't read the book, but from what I understand from what little I have heard of the plot, do you guys think it would make a better survival horror type of game?

Consistence

Feb 1, 2009
What tic's me off the most about this game is that EA is making it, now 2008 was a good year for them but still, its the principle