Ashley Madison has been HACKED!! Users in danger of being exposed. UPDATE.

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
I don't think that cheating websites/commercials for them should be illegal but the amount of glee I get from them being hacked and (hopefully) exposed is intoxicating.

Although I wish for their finacial information not to be exposed, as that would lead to theft and finacially destroying a family.

I feel that these cheaters should be confronted by their significant other about it, for better or worse.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
The site is just a case of supply and demand, and the hackers are arseholes for acting high-and-mighty while stealing and threatening to release the users' information.

TheIceQueen

Sep 15, 2013
They won't get any sympathy from me. I am happy to see all cheaters everywhere burn in non-literal fire.

But I will also admit that I am highly biased and wrong. That still doesn't change my opinion.

Random Gamer

Sep 8, 2014
Burned Hand said:
I don't have sympathy for them either, but that's not the same as wanting them hacked. Nobody deserves to be the victim of a crime, even criminals, and these aren't even criminals.
Exactly.
People say that cheaters don't deserve sympathy. Heck, I massively dislike them as well - put yourself openly on the marker first, if you want to change partner, don't be a jerk and do it secretly while pretending to still be with someone.
But there's no law against that. So that's not even vigilantism, which actually is supposed to fight real legal crimes. There's no consensus that this should be legally punished, however awful it is for the people being cheated upon. We're not talking about the list of convicted serial-pedophiles here.

Besides, when social-shaming and mass-doxxing are seen as quite ok by many people, we're quite in trouble as a society. Well, we're back to the old standards of social control of past centuries. You know, the kind of things we were supposed to have outgrown in the latter part of 20th century.

I don't mind having the site wiped out, on the other hand, it's quite the accomplice in countless cheatings and probably made things worse for many people.
It's also quite hilarious that they have such bad security, considering how expensive that kind of specialized sites are and how much $$, or ££, they made. Greed at its best - or worst.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Thyunda said:
The hackers are wrong. Flat-out, objectively wrong. You don't know the kind of people who are on that website. You don't know why they're cheating. You don't know them and you don't know their partners. You don't have the right to make that decision. If they want to cheat, it's their relationship. Not yours.
I can't think of any scenario where cheating is justified. Can you? They chose to get married, said the vows, made a promise of fidelity, and if for some reason they no longer want to be held to those vows, there's a process for ending them. They aren't just breaking a promise, they're breaking a promise in secret, a lie by omission. In what circumstance does that become something defensible?

Sorry, but these people are just scum, and just because they're personal lives are none of MY business, that doesn't mean it isn't their spouse's.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Olas said:
Thyunda said:
The hackers are wrong. Flat-out, objectively wrong. You don't know the kind of people who are on that website. You don't know why they're cheating. You don't know them and you don't know their partners. You don't have the right to make that decision. If they want to cheat, it's their relationship. Not yours.
I can't think of any scenario where cheating is justified. Can you? They chose to get married, said the vows, made a promise of fidelity, and if for some reason they no longer want to be held to those vows, there's a process for ending them. They aren't just breaking a promise, they're breaking a promise in secret, a lie by omission. In what circumstance does that become something defensible?

Sorry, but these people are just scum, and just because they're personal lives are none of MY business, that doesn't mean it isn't their spouse's.
Let's see...

Abuse. Emotional distance. Financial control. Social control. Here's a question for you - if your spouse is not treating you like a person and, for example, uses children to blackmail you into not seeking legal help (If you go for divorce, you'll never see them again), then what obligation do you have to continue to be loyal to that person? They're not the person you married anymore, something's changed in them. They broke the vows first, using your very self-righteous logic, and therefore the entire promise is null and void.

I can think of a thousand reasons why cheating might be justified. What if one partner simply doesn't want sex anymore and leaves the other to stew in frustration? Why shouldn't the partner seek gratification elsewhere? Because they said ten years prior that they wouldn't? That they didn't foresee that sex might just simply stop happening whether they like it or not?
Or would you rather make it illegal or immoral to withhold sex from a partner? Because that's the only other option.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Thyunda said:
Olas said:
Thyunda said:

Let's see...

Abuse. Emotional distance. Financial control. Social control. Here's a question for you - if your spouse is not treating you like a person and, for example, uses children to blackmail you into not seeking legal help (If you go for divorce, you'll never see them again), then what obligation do you have to continue to be loyal to that person? They're not the person you married anymore, something's changed in them. They broke the vows first, using your very self-righteous logic, and therefore the entire promise is null and void.
Isn't that what divorce is for? In fact, how would cheating make any of this better? I'm pretty sure even cheaters still have to SPEND TIME with their partners. It sounds like you're advocating cheating as a form of passive aggressive payback for things that should be dealt with in person.

Thyunda said:
I can think of a thousand reasons why cheating might be justified. What if one partner simply doesn't want sex anymore and leaves the other to stew in frustration? Why shouldn't the partner seek gratification elsewhere? Because they said ten years prior that they wouldn't? That they didn't foresee that sex might just simply stop happening whether they like it or not?
Or would you rather make it illegal or immoral to withhold sex from a partner? Because that's the only other option.
Or just suck it up? You aren't owed sex. And I'm pretty sure masturbation isn't considered cheating either.

Actually, I think I might have thought of something for you. It's possible that someone getting laid more will be happier and kinder to their spouse, so if you're sexually frustrated, cheating might be justifiable if it makes you get along better. I still don't see why it should be kept secret though.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
Thyunda said:
Olas said:
Thyunda said:

Let's see...

Unless your thousand reasons account for it being so easy as to say "The relationship is off" then each that doesn't is crap. There are some cases where it may not be feasible because the other party is abusive but I kind of doubt that's usual. If it's a matter of abuse and control I suspect an affair is not exactly a good idea safety wise or necessarily even very feasible. It seems more like brought up as some kind of theoretical point than actual concern for them

Dizchu

...brutal
Sep 23, 2014
I am seeing parallels with the Quinnspiracy controversy that happened pretty much exactly a year ago, only on a much larger scale. Someone does something bad and someone else leaks that info. That "bad thing" isn't illegal, but it is immoral. I am quite torn, to be honest. People should have the right to know whether or not their significant others are cheating on them (same with the Quinnspiracy), but at the same time... they're not exactly Chelsea Manning here. They're not exposing war crimes or child molestation, they're exposing peoples' personal lives.

That said, I have no sympathy for those that run or use Ashley Madison, so I'll just sit back and watch the world burn.

Michel Henzel

Just call me God
May 13, 2014
Thyunda said:
There is such a thing as ending a relationship before you go around fucking other people. So no it's not a justification in any way imo.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
LOL

So they released the information apparently and one of those on it was one of those Duggar fanatics from that 19 kids and counting show. Big anti-gay people all full of themselves about marriage and that's what they're like.

Tiger King

Legacy
Oct 23, 2010
Country
USA
albino boo said:
Baffle said:
Parasondox said:
for husbands and wives to cheat on their parents
I don't think you should ever be in a position to cheat on your parents.
You forget Norfolk, that sort of thing is normal there.
Ha ha
Thanks albino boo, you gave me a lol when I desperately needed one.
As others have said, giving away financial details is not cool but I think these cheating scum deserve a lot of misery for their actions

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
I saw this on Facebook when it first happened. I was happy then. And upon learning that the info has actually been released?

Well, now I'm fucking ecstatic.

You see, I'm a little Draconian about this subject. I believe people should be treated the way they treat others. Isn't that what they teach you anyway? So if someone does something bad without any real remorse, well, then they should have the bad thing done to them.

Which technically would actually mean every single cheater got cheated on which can't be guaranteed to happen. Hell, we can even guarantee all couples will break up. But some of them will. And meanwhile, I'll just imagine how many of those people are pissing in their pants now over the consequences.

Yeah, I haven't been this tickled since that New Zealand couple was filmed by the bar across the street having sex in their place of employment and it was revealed the man was cheating on his wife with her. So much delicious schadenfreude based on the resulting updates. Like the woman moving away and the wife pretty much closing out her husband.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Michel Henzel said:
Thyunda said:
There is such a thing as ending a relationship before you go around fucking other people. So no it's not a justification in any way imo.
Sometimes there are reasons why they can't. People do end up trapped in relationships, you know. For example. One partner has fallen out with their parents after moving in with their partner and now the relationship is shit but that partner has nowhere else to go. Telling me that's an unrealistic situation? 'cause it happens. Frequently.
Maybe some people consider an affair a little lower on the list of bad things than being homeless.

Olas said:
Actually, I think I might have thought of something for you. It's possible that someone getting laid more will be happier and kinder to their spouse, so if you're sexually frustrated, cheating might be justifiable if it makes you get along better. I still don't see why it should be kept secret though.
Not everybody's particularly open-minded about sex. It's obviously a lot to do with each individual relationship. Some relationships are fine with it - they have a divide between 'love' and 'sex' and don't perceive the partner 'playing away' as a betrayal of their relationship. These aren't the people we're talking about because those people have already worked the issue out between them. This is in situations where one partner either will not or cannot sexually satisfy the other, but is also dead against an extramarital affair. What would your suggestion there be? Would it really be 'suck it up'? You already reached the conclusion that sexual frustration tends to be a pretty negative thing to have in a relationship, so it seems, at least to me, that it's pretty unfair to say "Oh, you want to do a perfectly normal and natural thing that makes you feel good and relieves pressure? Then you shouldn't have got married, loser."

I'm not saying it's the celibate partner's fault, either. I'm not saying they deserve to be cheated on in a moral or emotional sense, but you do have to consider everything equally. Communication is what's important, but then you suggest to a man or woman that they should say to their partner, "Either fuck me or I'm getting it elsewhere." It's a complicated, emotionally-tangled issue and it's certainly not one that should be solved by some dickheads with a moral complex trying to prove a point.

BOOM headshot65

Jul 7, 2011
Secondhand Revenant said:
LOL

So they released the information apparently and one of those on it was one of those Duggar fanatics from that 19 kids and counting show. Big anti-gay people all full of themselves about marriage and that's what they're like.
Well, if we want to be technical here, its actually the same Duggar guy as before. You know, the one who is facing charges for molesting 5 younger girls (including 3 of his sisters), so it is not the entire family. But at the same time, and me saying this as a moderately religious Christian, the Duggers collectively can go take a long walk off a short pier.

OT: With all that said, in agreement with game-lover. Screw everyone involved with Ashley Madison, and it is delicious to to watch the consequences catch up with them. Of course, I am very biased, as both my girlfriend and I dispise cheaters since her step-dad cheated on her mom. TWICE! (she forgave him, and he did it again, so she decided there would not be a third time). So while what these hackers did isnt exactly ok, I am more than willing to look the other way, just like I will any time evil is being payed to evil (or in this case, assholeishness payed to assholeishness).

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
game-lover said:
I saw this on Facebook when it first happened. I was happy then. And upon learning that the info has actually been released?

Well, now I'm fucking ecstatic.

You see, I'm a little Draconian about this subject. I believe people should be treated the way they treat others. Isn't that what they teach you anyway? So if someone does something bad without any real remorse, well, then they should have the bad thing done to them.

Which technically would actually mean every single cheater got cheated on which can't be guaranteed to happen. Hell, we can even guarantee all couples will break up. But some of them will. And meanwhile, I'll just imagine how many of those people are pissing in their pants now over the consequences.

Yeah, I haven't been this tickled since that New Zealand couple was filmed by the bar across the street having sex in their place of employment and it was revealed the man was cheating on his wife with her. So much delicious schadenfreude based on the resulting updates. Like the woman moving away and the wife pretty much closing out her husband.
Let he without sin cast the first stone? I hope every lie comes back to bite you in the ass. And every bad thing no matter how big or little, comes around on you tenfold. Better stay on the straight and narrow friend.

OT: i think people should mind their own damn business. Holier-than-thou pedestal hypocrites ( talking about whoever hacked the site to begin with).

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
My two cents: fuck every side. Fuck the cheaters for screwing around. Fuck the site for making money on these morally repugnant activities. But most of all, fuck the hackers for this massive invasion of privacy. The cheaters and Ashley Madison are starting to pay for their part, one can only hope the hackers get what is coming to them. When that happens, I will still be here, laughing at all involved.