Ask a Little Person

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Lang901 said:
A job is a job.

Hypos are special. but no, i am even more common, i have achondroplasia.
Both share the same pathology though, which is what's boring.

Also, your thoughts on limb lengthening?

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Lang901 said:

Being that October is Dwarfism awareness month, I thought I would do my part and make another one of these threads. So do you have any questions about dwarfism or the Experiences as a Little person?
( http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.267707-Ask-a-Midget my previous thread)
I'm sorry but I can't feel sympathetic to these people on the video. As far as I know, they don't get treated any worse than most, if anything people would go out of their way to help them, like reaching things up high. That may feel patronising, but it's simply being friendly.

Also I like how they just said things like, 'make people aware of Dwarfism', and, 'make people understand about Dwarfism'. People already know thanks, people already understand thanks.

I don't mean to sound like a prick here but it really grinds my gears when people want attention and seek it through means they didn't earn!

Lang901

Aug 2, 2010
DarkRyter said:
Should I decrease my salt intake?
you should talk to your doctor.
Dags90 said:
Lang901 said:
A job is a job.

Hypos are special. but no, i am even more common, i have achondroplasia.

if that's what they want to do that is their choice. i won't do it because it really is not needed.

Lang901

Aug 2, 2010
CardinalPiggles said:
Lang901 said:

Being that October is Dwarfism awareness month, I thought I would do my part and make another one of these threads. So do you have any questions about dwarfism or the Experiences as a Little person?
( http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.267707-Ask-a-Midget my previous thread)
I'm sorry but I can't feel sympathetic to these people on the video. As far as I know, they don't get treated any worse than most, if anything people would go out of their way to help them, like reaching things up high. That may feel patronising, but it's simply being friendly.

Also I like how they just said things like, 'make people aware of Dwarfism', and, 'make people understand about Dwarfism'. People already know thanks, people already understand thanks.

I don't mean to sound like a prick here but it really grinds my gears when people want attention and seek it through means they didn't earn!
Is there a Question in there?
CAPTCHA: religion stohang

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
How do you feel about fantasy dwarves? To be honest, when I hear dwarf that's the first thing I think about.

Flare Phoenix

Dec 18, 2009
How are we supposed to know what counts as discrimination when some people will use what is different about themselves as a flimsy excuse to fulfill their need for attention, while others will cry discrimination if you even so much as look at them?

Also, if the point of the video you posted was "we're all the same as you, just a bit shorter", why did you make a thread that shines a massive spotlight on the fact you are different?

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Have you ever done a 100m sprint, and, if so, what was your best time?

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Do you personally find the term "Midget" offensive?
I have always thought that "Little person" sounded more derogatory overall.

Flare Phoenix

Dec 18, 2009
Drakmeire said:
Well since his Xbox Live username has the word Midget in it, I'd say no.

Lang901

Aug 2, 2010
Flare Phoenix said:
How are we supposed to know what counts as discrimination when some people will use what is different about themselves as a flimsy excuse to fulfill their need for attention, while others will cry discrimination if you even so much as look at them?

Also, if the point of the video you posted was "we're all the same as you, just a bit shorter", why did you make a thread that shines a massive spotlight on the fact you are different?
That is an answer that changes from person to person, you will find that with just about any group. You can find ass holes in just about any group who will do anything for attention.
TheDarkEricDraven said:
Are you more attracted to female little people or average sized women?
Have you ever used your size to punch someone in the groin in a fight?
Can you be tossed?
What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Either tall average height or LPs. I can go either way.
Never been in a fight, but i have threatened.
Again, never tried.
African or European?
Drakmeire said:
I personally don't care but there is some people who would take great offense at the term.

Lang901

Aug 2, 2010
Flare Phoenix said:
Drakmeire said:
Well since his Xbox Live username has the word Midget in it, I'd say no.
That name just had kind of a ring to it. it was supposed to be MidgetMania But accidently pressed the l.

Mar 9, 2010
Lang901 said:
Dags90 said:

if that's what they want to do that is their choice. i won't do it because it really is not needed.
Is it wrong that when I read limb lengthening I immediately thought 'Well, going medieval probably isn't all that beneficial' and that the rack was more torture based than medical? I'm fairly certain I shouldn't jump to that.

What's the worst discrimination you've faced? If you're willing to relive it, that is.

Lang901

Aug 2, 2010
Baneat said:
Have you ever done a 100m sprint, and, if so, what was your best time?
One time in 6th grade. i think it was something like 30 to 50 seconds.

Qizx

Executor
Feb 21, 2011
otakon17 said:
Pardon me if this is rude sounding, but what is the difference between a "Dwarf" and a "Midget" if there is one?
Midget tends to be a more offensive term for dwarfism, if I am correct here. Similar to how Inuits prefer being called inuits to eskimos.
Edit: Wow beaten to the punch twice while I was posting. :(

Lang901

Aug 2, 2010
The Unworthy Gentleman said:
Lang901 said:
Dags90 said:

Is it wrong that when I read limb lengthening I immediately thought 'Well, going medieval probably isn't all that beneficial' and that the rack was more torture based than medical? I'm fairly certain I shouldn't jump to that.

What's the worst discrimination you've faced? If you're willing to relive it, that is.
I live in Iowa (in the United States for those who don't know) so every one is pretty accepting here so I don't really have any stories, Sorry.

Mar 9, 2010
Lang901 said:
I live in Iowa (in the United States for those who don't know) so every one is pretty accepting here so I don't really have any stories, Sorry.
I think this may be the first time someone has apologised for not being discriminated against. I just wanted to know how if you'd been through much trouble because of asshats.

Last Hugh Alive

Jul 6, 2011
How would you feel about a videogame in which the protagonist is a dwarf or midget? It goes without saying there would be media outrage, but would that offend you or would that be a "step forward" of sorts? Would you be interested in playing it and if so, what kind of game or genre do you think it should be and what tone should it have (eg - serious, humour, etc.)?

Is this something you have ever thought of or even fantasized about?

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
Do you watch any of the shows that depict little people?

Like the Little Couple, Pit Boss and that new wrestling show Hulk Hogan has just started?