Assasin's creed 2

InsanityWave

Dec 22, 2008
Oh christ, dont get me wrong it was a good game but now their going to ruin in, id be ammused if they pulled it off though.

ManiacRaccoon

Aug 20, 2008
miracleofsound said:
It would also be nice to be able to just ride around on your horse without having to slow to a snails pace to avoid getting in a fight for apparently breaking the speed limit...
Yeah, but if you start to gallop they should still take notice, lets not get too carried away with making it easy on people. Even if you weren't wearing the white hooded thing and have swords strapped to you, a galloping horse makes you take notice, they'd still try to question why you're in such a hurry.

But I would like to be able to run guards down and trample them without the horse falling over, so I can take a couple out and then jump off and deal with the rest. A big sword fight isn't supposed to be the first option, but if I don't feel like sneaking in the front gate it should still be an option, it should just be harder like it is now, but not impossible in case I want some extra challenge/excitment.

MackB

Jan 10, 2009
Its coming out in november

Heres a link

www.assassinscreed2iscomingoutinnovember.com/info.php

Tarmon'gaidin

Jan 15, 2009
Haha alot of the comments Í'm reading here completely take me back to the game; the beggers, the lepers, the stupid horseriding. :p

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Tarmon said:
Haha alot of the comments Í'm reading here completely take me back to the game; the beggers, the lepers, the stupid horseriding. :p
What was wrong with the horseriding?

Marv21

Jan 1, 2009
I think AC was a good game, but it SOOOoooooo pulled the punch. Hrmmmmmm?!!? Are the crusades kinda like the war in Iraq?!?!? Maybe?!?!?! Maybe most probably not?!?! Wait!?! Are monks condoning your killing to end this petty war between peoples?!?!? Whos profiting from these wars?!!?, are they conspriring against the warring factions!?!?!?!
Are the Christains the evil ones?!?!!?!?!?!?!!? The Papacy trying to gain absolute power by fighting for a "holy land", that they may or may not acutally deem holy?!?!!?!?!?

It would be a real political game.

Hated how the assasian who was trained in the art of killing 50 people are once and saved a pregant woman, and deliver her child, can't swim.

I hope in the new one you use the element of diguise more.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
forever saturday said:
actually, there was a prequel to the first called assassins creed: altairs chronicles. it was for the DS and got mediocre reviews. i never played it, but the point is that this is going to be assassins creed 3 actually. either way, i loved the first (though i havent finished it and hear badly about the ending) and i think that this one is going to be epic.
Yeah, and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare should be Call of Duty 9.
I don't think Altair's Chronicles is part of the main series, especially since it's a prequel.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
1. Lose the NPC's who attack you but you can't kill. If a drunk shoves you, I should be allowed to lamp him in the face. If a beggar gets clingy, I should be allowed to gently shove her off at least.

2. If it's set in Japan, I better get to be a fucking Ninja for the Yakuza (who were ORIGINALLY a group that protected the people from the rebels/government during the period of upheaval). Then again, setting it during the Sengoku period would also mean alot of fun too.

3. If it's in revolutionary france, I demand poofy trousers and firearms.

Calax

Jan 16, 2009
Required some digging but according to Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5137173/assassins-creed-2-new-ghost-recon-red-steel-2-coming-from-ubisoft]
in the 09-10 Fiscal year which starts in April,
"Among the games will be Assassin's Creed 2, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon and Anno. The company also plans to release three new brands, including I Am Alive, four movie games, including Avatar and a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and tons more games ending in the letter Z."

I can't dovetail that quote very easily :(

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
Frankly, if it has ANYTHING to do with ninjas, I won't play it. The charm of Assassin's Creed was its unique setting (unique being the polar opposite of ninjas). Anyone with a BIT of knowledge about the historical Hashshashin (the Ismaili Nizari), Hassan Bin Sabbah, the true Masyaf, and the Crusades, can find tons of historical nudges in the game that let you know precisely WHEN it is set.
For AC2, I'd like to be able to at least punch a drunk, leper, or beggar in the stomach so that they will at least double over and let me continue. Then, make it so that fighting is infuriatingly hard. The true Assassins/Hashshashin often didn't fight, preferring to escape to safety. In Assassin's Creed it's so easy to pull off the flashy counters and flashier combos that there really was no reason NOT to fight.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
ManiacRaccoon said:
The ninja idea sounds good, but I guess I'm not surprised the next one is coming out so soon. After all, if they and the Aztecs or whoever are right, they're gonna have to get the third one out before 2012.
Yupp, seeing how AC ends it looks as if they are trying to capitalize on "the end of the world". so a late 2009/early 2010 means they have a chance to get the last one done for a 21/12/2012 release.

Tarmon'gaidin

Jan 15, 2009
What was wrong with the horseriding? Are you mad?

Well alright then let me explain if you ride your horse in normal speed past a guard the will freak and start attacking you, but if you ride just a fraction slower they wont mind you at all.

Puppeteer Putin

Jan 3, 2009
SomeBritishDude said:
I heard a rumor its being set during the Renaissance. Or is that just me?
terribleyetfun said:
wait I heard assassins creed 2 was going to be set in the french revoloution
Are are correct sir.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/87720-Assassins-Creed-2-Set-During-French-Revolution

Still speculative and at this stage, an "informed" rumor. I think it's would be a brilliant setting for Assassin's gameplay.