Assassin's Creed 2: Birth of an Assassin Trailer

Jul 9, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
...well, it's not like anyone ever said assassins fought fair, right?
They actually brought that up in the Game Informer article. Apparently, one of his unarmed moves is throwing dirt in his enemies' eyes, so he's clearly going for something less honorable than Altair.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
OH MY! That looks fun. 11-20-09 huh? Only 10 days after MW2? Wow, I'm going to have to earn some extra money.

jaume08

May 26, 2009
It's a shame they've just delayed the PC version till 2010...I can't wait to play this game. Combat system looks terrific!

FROGGEman2

Queen of France
Mar 14, 2009
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

-My reaction.

Asehujiko said:
Holy crap the game runs awful.
Ubisoft is having trouble recording videos.

Dec 14, 2008
I love the fact that the fighting style has changed. So than rather than a trained, calm assassin, he's a pissed off italian looking for revenge. Its like a combination of Mario, Batman, and the Punisher.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
Looks fantastic. Only thing I found a little unpractical about his outfit was the half cape thing he seems going on. I can't quite understand why he'd wear that, is it to conceal weapons?
Also now I think about it, if the authorities know anything about the assassin's clan, wouldn't wearing a big, decorative belt buckle in the shape of the assassin's clan's symbol be a bit counter productive?

I'm not trying to spoil the moment, just a couple things that didn't seem quite right to me. It all looks beautiful of course, and I can't wait to play it.

DayDark

Oct 31, 2007
maybe it's just me, but I thought he said 30 years too, then thought "no that can't be right, he must have said 13 years". don't know how exactly 30 years can be justified.

Spaceman_Spiff

Apr 16, 2009
Awesome but that part where he jumps onto that moving carriage may be the most annoying part of the game when playing it.

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
If it is as good as the first count me in, return of the hay bale killer!

PoToGo

Mar 26, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
Sorry, I don't like the look of it - I was hoping they'd change their ways, but still nothing in that game looks even minorly stealthy. That's not what an assassin should be like, with all the hammers to the face etc. I would prefer it tenfold if you had to assassinate with subtle weapons in secret, and the guards should have a lot more consequence attatched to them if you get noticed.

That's my opinion.
Yeah, but a trailer of someone snooping around in the shadows the entire time would be really boring. Besides, 90% of the confrontations I had in the AC 1 were by choice. But if you wanted to be stealthy you could. It was just hard. Like stealth should be. I understand where you're coming from though. Thief did have a certain appeal to it.

Conveant0

Feb 4, 2009
DayDark said:
maybe it's just me, but I thought he said 30 years too, then thought "no that can't be right, he must have said 13 years". don't know how exactly 30 years can be justified.
seydaman said:
sethzard said:
bloody hell he's pretty old for that shit, at least 50
I know...I was like...What? 30 years?
I'd recomend watching the trailer again (Not because I think I'm right, instead just clarify this for me), look at the clothes he's wearing at the execution, now let it play to where he opens the chest. Now he's either the Renaissance version of Scrouge and refuses to buy more than one pair of clothes (Possibly a VERY lucky shirt), or he presumably became an Assassin straight away and as Slycne wrote it's being narrated.
Besides, tell me any 50 year old today who could perform any of that. Now tell me who could do that in the renaissance. Thought so.

Adinoman

Sep 11, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
Sorry, I was hoping they'd change their ways, but still nothing in that game looks even minorly stealthy. That's not what an assassin should be like, with all the hammers to the face etc.
True, it would have been nice to include a more stealth oriented nature to the game, really given you that feeling of "get in/get out" secret assassin element.