Assassin's Creed 3/ Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Assassinscreed548

Jan 16, 2010
Well, well, well... Ubisoft has announced a sequel and probably, and hopefully, the final installment to the assassin's creed games,
Title Assassin's Creed: brotherhood
you will yet again be Ezio Auditore, now a master assassin, leading a group of other assassins through your quest to take over Rome or sumshiz

the game will have Multiplayer, which i think is good, for it will keep me playing after i finish the story, however i am not too happy that you continue as Ezio, great as a character as he was, i think i would prefer a new character.
in multiplayer modes you will play as different characters/assassins with different combat and action styles, interesting..

check out more info..and it is scheduled for realease at the end of 2010, a bit soon, hopefully they wont fuck it up too bad

post your opinions, and enjoy

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I admit that I am surprised, as I imagine a lot of people will be. The story of AC2 hinted that it'd be set either in modern times (as Desmond has now received the Assassins training) or would be set in more recent times.

I do not mind this direction, but it doesn't interest me anywhere near as much as it would have if they had decided to take the setting elsewhere.

Sep 13, 2009
Something tells me this game will be split. You play both as Desmond trying to stop the templars in the future, and then they use the Animus 2.0 (and by extension Ezio) to find out just what the hell is going down.

It should be interesting. Hopefully there is a free roam mode where you can just kill innocent civilians and free run. Seeing as that is how I spend most of my time in that game anyway.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
Well, my feelings can be summed up thusly:

More Assassin's Creed goodness yay!

My one problem is the multiplayer. The way I envision it has a group of players plotting the assassination of a certain well protected target. This system has two massive drawbacks; griefers, who appear to be follwing the plan, then purposefully fuck it up, and mic spammers. Other than that, it could work quite well.

StarofAzura

Lady Nerevarine
Mar 22, 2010
1. Bah, Ezio again?

2. Bah, multiplayer. Why must games that were single player before always add multiplayer? D:

Hoppetussa

Sep 24, 2008
This isn't Assassin's Creed 3... It's just a spin-off. It'll be a while until we see AC3.

OT: The game looks slightly interesting. Probably gonna buy it. I just hope I get to kill the Pope this time.

StarofAzura

Lady Nerevarine
Mar 22, 2010
Hoppetussa said:
This isn't Assassin's Creed 3... It's just a spin-off. It'll be a while until we see AC3.

OT: The game looks slightly interesting. Probably gonna buy it. I just hope I get to kill the Pope this time.
Thank you for pointing that out. It reminds me a bit of Bloodlines, where you got to play as Altair again. My faith that we will see another ancestor is now restored, though still - bah, multiplayer.

squidbuddy99

Jun 29, 2009
Aw, man, I was hoping it would be in Feudal Japan/China or Colonial Europe! The wackier the setting, the better, I say!

daftpunk95

Jul 14, 2009
Sounds interesting, can't wait!

Although, being someone BESIDES Ezio would've been nice.

R4ptur3

Feb 21, 2010
Whats the spin off on then, PSP, or is it a proper game for consoles?

I'm still hoping for the AC3 to be set in either middle age England, Feudal Japan, or ancient china, even if it changes the storyline a bit.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Hoppetussa said:

I think we need this quoted several times so people will read it and not be confused.

R4ptur3 said:
Whats the spin off on then, PSP, or is it a proper game for consoles?
Yes. 'Proper'.

VivaciousDeimos

May 1, 2010
As much as I liked Ezio, I feel like his character arc was pretty much resolved by the end of AC2. I assumed AC3 would probably be split pretty evenly between someone new and doing futury things with Desmond.

So as a spin off...Yay, i guess? But I would rather have the next actual installment sooner instead of retreading old ground.

dragonslayer32

Jan 11, 2010
wtf happened to desmond? wasnt he fully syncronized at the end of AC2? AC3 should follow him in a modern city

atol

Jan 16, 2009
Psychosocial said:
Let's hope that it doesn't suck as much as Assassins Creed 2 did. That game is up there with Fallout 3 on the list of how not to do sequels. Ezio was a terrible character, the conspiracy stuff is just getting dumber by the second and the cities were nowhere near as interesting as Jerusalem and Acre.
I'd assume this was sarcasm if you didn't mention the conspiracy stuff. Ezio is ten times the character Altair was, and just about every city is more interesting in AC2 in my opinion. The hundreds of archers on the rooftops did make it a bit annoying though.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
hooray for shitty multiplayer thrown in at the last minute to sell more games!
oh wait, that's nothing to hooray over... BOO!

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Umm... I'm surprised everyone is taking this seriously.

Sorry to be the douche, but... links, or it didn't happen.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
This actually seems sort of interesting. I mean, I'll never get enough of 1500s Italy and if the multiplayer is well implemented this could actually be a blast to play. It could also fail miserably, but let's hope for the better scenario :D

May 28, 2009
Hoppetussa said:

Rodrigo Borgia/Pope Alexander VI himself died of natural causes (very horribly I might add - something about internal organs and vomiting), and since the game attempts to stick to historical accuracy for major things like that, I don't think you'll be killing him).