Assassin's Creed 3: Rise Trailer

toasteey13

Dec 13, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhJe8BdG99Y

Pretty narked about this new trailer, basically.

Thoughts?

irmasterlol

Apr 11, 2012
Well it seems to have gotten the anti-American crowd in a fuss. I'll have to watch a couple more times before I can accurately assess how erect is has made me. I guess it's time for me to come out of the closet and shamelessly announce my Assassin's Creed fanboyism. The first game was an under appreciated gem and anyone who didn't like it missed the point. No I do not care if that's true. That's how being a fanboy works.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
I don't have any problems with that particular trailer itself (although I did find the top youtube comment amusing however; ""I refuse to learn the history of a country I'll never see."
YUP, he's an american alright." )

Much as I love the Assassins Creed games so far, and a brilliant as this one looks (sea battles? fuck yes!) the idea of slaughtering pixelated representations of my ancestors does not sit well with me as an Englishman. I know that probably sounds idiotic but that's just how I feel.

Unless it's not all about killing the British, but I can hardly see them having Templars who are revolutionaries. I suppose Germans fought with the British so there might be a few of them to kill, but they've had their fair share of video game deaths :p

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
For some reason, the fact that the British as Templars never even occurred to me. I guess I just had rose tinted glasses on about my own country.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I loved all the different perspectives and I got chills so I like it :p. Having said that, I know jackshit about the Civil War.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Well that was the most unapologetically patriotic trailer for Ass Creed 3 so far. I thought Ubisoft said the British weren't the bad guys. Either their marketers are taking huge liberties with the focus of the story, or they were lying through their teeth. Looks like the grey on grey balance that made previous games so great is being thrown out the window with the chamberpots.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
I'm starting to think that whole "we're not just making the British all evil and the Americans all good" thing was a crock of shit. Either that or the marketing department just never got that particular memo.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Oh for God's sake!

Ubisoft: I still have enough faith in you stored away that I am still willing to believe that you will present a fair depiction of the conflict. However, if you don't start actually having the balls to present it as such in the marketing then you are going to seriously piss some people off. Not just British people, also American's who will get annoyed that you have such a low opinion of their intelligence that you feel any game you market to them has to wrap every detail of their history in patriotic cotton wool lest their Jimmies be rustled. Stop being stupid.

To my fellow citizens of Great Britain: If this game does turn out to unfairly portray our nations actions in the War of Independence, get the fuck over it! It's one game. One game that's not even out yet and already I've heard possibly more bitching about it than I have about every Arab/Russian/Nazi slaughter simulator to have come out this whole console generation. It was our own Winston Churchill who coined the phrase "History is written by the victor", and are we really still so self-conscious about the Empire that we have to get all whiny and insecure just because it's us on the receiving end of it for a change?

Black Arrow Officer

Jun 20, 2011
I still don't understand why everyone is up in arms over this. The Revolutionary War was a real event. As long as the British are portrayed as a professional army and not marauding killers breaking into the homes of innocent Mary Jane to rape and bayonet her I wouldn't piss myself over anything.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
was this because of 4th of july?...I'd hope they are somwhat balanced in game

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Nouw said:
I loved all the different perspectives and I got chills so I like it :p. Having said that, I know jackshit about the Civil War American History.
You do know that wasn't the Civil War they were talking about right?
Fixed. If you'd be so kind, could you enlighten me as to what event or war this is about?

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Well technically it was a British Civil War

But yeah he was saying the American Civil war between the north and south

worldruler8

Aug 3, 2010
Nouw said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Nouw said:
I loved all the different perspectives and I got chills so I like it :p. Having said that, I know jackshit about the Civil War American History.
Fixed. If you'd be so kind, could you enlighten me as to what event or war this is about?
I'll give you the short version. sit tight, this may take awhile. in the 1600's and 1700's, british colonies were developed in the Eastern coast of the now United States of America. after the Seven Years War in the 1750's, Britain decided to tax the colonies. The colonies had little to no representation. Long story short, a lot of people were pissed. the phrase "No taxation without representation" was born here. In 1776, the declaration of independence was signed in Philadelphia, and the United States was "officially" free. after 7 years of war, Britain let off and allowed the US to be founded. In 1783, the Articles of Confederation was signed, effectively making the US a confederacy. after 4 years of economic downturn, the Articles were replaced with the Constitution, which is something the US gov't still has it's gov't based on. I hope that cleared things up.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
worldruler8 said:
historical snip
Aaah okay, thanks for clearing that up. I'm assuming I shouldn't play this game if I want to further learn about this time in history?

worldruler8

Aug 3, 2010
Nouw said:
worldruler8 said:
historical snip
Aaah okay, thanks for clearing that up. I'm assuming I shouldn't play this game if I want to further learn about this time in history?
Depends on what you like. I liked the cosmopolitan views that Ubisoft did in their previous AC games. I assume you know about the Assassin's Creed series? but yeah, I'm not sure if this is going to be grey vs. grey or not. seems that they forget the main reason the independence happened was for taxes, not independence.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
Boring trailer is boring. Also doesn't look like its just me, but I don't think I saw a single pro-british statement in that or any trailer so far.

Also OP: Y you no embed?