Assassin's Creed Exec Accuses Game Journalists of "Subtle Racism"

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
Well the reason why Mario sustains itself and Assassin's Creed clearly isn't, is because Mario relies on actual fun mechanics for entertainment rather then the delivery of a narrative. You can make games on their 'gameing' merits until the end of time. However, if all your game has going for it is it's cinematic merit, then your gravy train has a final stop, and it's sooner then you think. You can't tell a single story forever, people will just get bored. You know what isn't boring? A trampoline, and when it does get tiresome a quick break often fixes that. This is why I prefer the games that are more like a trampoline then a movie. If I wanted to watch a movie I would go watch a movie, I play games to play games and have fun. The fact that you even think japanese stories are important just shows you have no idea why people choose to sit down in front of their TV with a controller instead of going to a theater.

The_Merchant

Nov 9, 2011
Did he non-directly accuse the japanese devs of making yearly installments of their games?
SUUUUUUUUUURE.
That is exactly the reason why there are more Call of Duty titles then main entries in SF.
And also Bayonetta has a pretty good story, but people couldnt be arsed to read the redgrave notes and look past the boobs,titties and butts.
How dare he even compare GoW to Bayonetta? One is space marines on 'roids and the other is about a witch being awakened after 500 years who likes to fight flashy and stylish instead of practical.

Also japanese games are a godsend for me to break this streak of FPS which all play the goddamn same.
YES! even XIII relieved me from seeing the world in ashes over a gun barrel.
Also AC pretty much brought this upon itself, the sequel got stretched into 3 games when it could have been just one.
Also all this timetravel conspiracy thing never really caters well

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Gears of War's story WAS complete garbage.

I'm also not sure the problem here. Gears of War 3 got a slightly higher aggregate score on Gamerankings than Bayonetta did. How is that subtly racist? Are we anti-japanese because we give them lower scores?

DVS BSTrD said:
Well maybe if they made Gears of War more pretentious and gave the females more impractical clothing...
Mostly the latter.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
DanielDeFig said:
However, I hate how it's being overshadowed and dominated by the story of how Aliens came to earth to give knowledge, now they're gone. Oh! And now the sun will explode. That's not just nonsense, but like all "Aliens taught humans how to be smart" is an insult to the entire human species.
The fridge logic. So so much fridge logic everywhere. It makes my brain sad.