Assassin's Creed III Supports Microtransactions

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
at least it's only for multiplayer and not single player, then i'd be really REALLY mad! As it is I don't play multiplayer that much

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
So it's the "Free to Play" model, except you have to also pay $60 to play.
Good move, Ubisoft. I see this going over well with consumers.

Whitbane

Apathetic...
Mar 7, 2012
Five years down the road, we'll be shelling out money to click options in the start menu. Ubisoft doesn't seem to understand that Free-to-Play games charge real money for premium content because, you know, they were free to buy in the first place. Why the hell would I buy a fresh $60 game and shell out MORE MONEY. Even if the content is basic, and only limited to multi-player, it's still a dirty move to get more money out of stupid people. There's nothing wrong with making money, but it's low to do it by nickel and dime'ing gamers, especially at the god damned release date.

Rooster Cogburn

May 24, 2008
I was strongly considering buying this. But they won't get rid of the animus bullshit that's dragging down the series, and now I have less interest in the multiplayer.

I don't mean to start a flame war, but it's hard for me to understand how people can say they don't see the problem with (some) microtransactions with a straight face and just leave it hanging like it wasn't a ridiculous thing to say. You may not want to admit it, you may not agree with it, but you know what the problems are.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
CardinalPiggles said:
Baresark said:
but we should at least wait till we have played the game before deciding this is the worst thing.
I totally agree with everything else you said, but what I've singled out here sounds pretty stupid. I don't want to buy the game in order to find out it's a piece of shit. As a consumer I want to make sure I get my moneys worth, not gamble it away and hope for the best, that's why reviews exist.
Sorry, I misspoke. I meant we should wait till someone has played the game, not necessarily any someone who isn't sure. Sorry for the late response, pesky hurricane has power wiped out everywhere.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Baresark said:
CardinalPiggles said:
Baresark said:
but we should at least wait till we have played the game before deciding this is the worst thing.
I totally agree with everything else you said, but what I've singled out here sounds pretty stupid. I don't want to buy the game in order to find out it's a piece of shit. As a consumer I want to make sure I get my moneys worth, not gamble it away and hope for the best, that's why reviews exist.
Sorry, I misspoke. I meant we should wait till someone has played the game, not necessarily any someone who isn't sure. Sorry for the late response, pesky hurricane has power wiped out everywhere.
Ah of course, makes more sense now :)

I hope you're doing well with all of this hurricane business.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
CardinalPiggles said:
Baresark said:
CardinalPiggles said:
Baresark said:
Ah of course, makes more sense now :)

I hope you're doing well with all of this hurricane business.
Yeah man, gotta roll with the punches. The best thing about impromptu days off is you all of the suddenly have more time to play the games you want to play. The worst thing about these impromptu days off is I have exhausted all my electronic devices with no way to charge them. At least coming to work lets me do that. My buddy just told me he got power back, and he is in the middle of nowhere, I'm hoping that means that I have power back as I am in the middle of a town. Thanks for you concern though. We got it much better than a lot of people. I'm in New Jersey and several shore towns got flooded, a bunch of houses were completely washed away. Another town ended up with a gas leak and half of it burned down. I only lost power and tree fell at the end of my driveway, I feel very fortunate.