Assassin's Creed III

Derelict Frog

Jun 7, 2010
subtlefuge said:
I can't help but think that the French Revolution/Napoleonic period would be far more fitting for the game. Not that this won't work, it's just nothing like the other games.

As a sidenote, if the Old North Church is not a viewpoint, someone needs to lose their job.
Old north church is gonna be featured. Check this screenie of Boston and look left :) http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Assassins-Creed-3-Boston-Winter-570x320.jpg

It does seem weird that Ubisoft is proclaiming that Connor is going to be entirely neutral in the war, and yet every single promotional photo, even the trailer, is pretty much colonist-propaganda, with only redcoats being killed and the inspirational speech by George Washington. It is most likely that his Mohawk village was razed by colonists seeking new land - that's why most Native Americans sided with the British.

It is telling that the UK version of the trailer on Youtube has this description:

"After more than 20 years of conflict, the 13 American colonies and the British Crown are on the brink of all out war. Battle lines are drawn. Bloodshed is inevitable. Out of the embers of his burning village, a new assassin will rise. Born of Mohawk and British blood, his fight for freedom and justice will be forged in the flames of revolution." ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVUMPrv8oRw

The US version has this description: "The American Colonies, 1775. As a Native American warrior fights to protect his land and his people, he will ignite the flames of a young nation's revolution." ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSa0Xg-YadY

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
One of the reasons I was most excited about this was the potential to get to run around my beloved hometown of Philly. So...where precisely are you going to run into Benjamin Franklin? He moved from Boston to Philly in 1723, which is way before the game was set, no? At least it's featured, even if we don't get to play in it.

ColdBlooded

Feb 8, 2011
Alright this has my interest, but i even heard they are adding a crouch function so hopefully, that can make better stealth. But are they revamping the combat system because they should.

Towels

Feb 21, 2010
Purple Dragon said:
On the note of interacting with Washington, Lee, etc.. I'm a bit worried, Ubisoft could be tempted into going all Brits=evil on us, and ignore some facts like southern states joined on the promise slavey would not be looked at or that most of the native americans involved sided with the british
I don't know... In the right context that could be pretty interesting. Contrasting the huge anti-Brit sentiment in Boston at the time with neutral or amicable sentiment of the southern colonies would make for some good drama. Not to mention all the Freemason conspiracies characterized in Revolution-Era America is absolutely perfect for the Templars. And I'm really looking forward to having a Native-American hero, from a culture that got dragged into war.

But I am American, so I'm biased. Yea! I get to have fun with my own history!

ExiledPaladin13

Aug 3, 2011
*sigh* the radiant (well, not really, assassin and all that) American hero fights the wicked European army again, so many games use this plot (Call of Duty, Killzone, Battlefield BC2), at least AC3 doesn't have as many guns as call of duty... wait, Connor gets dual hidden pistols?

*leaves the premises*

OT: Not really into the story of this one. Its like having a drunk Polish teacher teaching American history. F-. But I'm really interested in the changes they'll make to the combat and stealth, might wait for reviews.

Jodan

Mar 18, 2009
subtlefuge said:
I can't help but think that the French Revolution/Napoleonic period would be far more fitting for the game. Not that this won't work, it's just nothing like the other games.

As a sidenote, if the Old North Church is not a viewpoint, someone needs to lose their job.
the french revolution would have been perfect with its very very farr lasting consiquences
danton and robespierre among others would have made awesome characters and well i wanted to fight napoleon

cant complain though it wil be what it will be and it will probably be awesome. im just bitter because i get so much revolutionary anti british american propaganda up here in good old canuckistan

Tollo

Aug 4, 2012
I am a Ac fan and I have played all the games, I like what Ubisoft are doing to make the game better and feel a new game, we don't want people trying to call it AC 2.95 again. I don't get that to be honest what's wrong with Brotherhood feeling like AC 2.5, AC2 was a good game and Brotherhood improved it in every way the story was not as solid but it was necessary filler, and it did give at least a 10-12 hour game without side quests, and multi-player was not bad. I'm not going all fan boy I'm just saying it's nice for Ubisoft to take inspiration from key components from other games :D.