Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag leaked trailer

ejrocksthisworld

Feb 14, 2010
http://youtu.be/pnPjXXwfYLw
Courtesy of an observant fan that posted this on Facebook, I couldn't help but to check this out. I am 100% certain this is the official trailer for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, and as can be seen in the trailer, will feature Edward Kenway, Haythem Kenway's father, as the protagonist, as well as Edward Teach (i.e. Blackbeard). This Assassin seems to have quite the personality about him, much like Ezio but more sinister, as well as an incredible fighting style that will surely mimic or advance upon the re envisioned combat mechanics seen in Assassin's Creed 3.
What do you guys think of the video?

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
15 minutes after that post - it's down.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
The only good part of AC3 being built upon as basis for a whole game?

Colour me slightly interested, remains to be seen whether it's any better.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
4 pistols and 2 swords, huh? I don't know, but it sounds like they're running out of gameplay ideas.

This trailer still works. Watch it before they take it down.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Well the trailer makes it look awesome, but so did AC III's...

I'm waiting until a couple of weeks after release to see if it's any good, no point getting it without knowing that it will be decent.

ejrocksthisworld

Feb 14, 2010
I know that the game will be released on both the current and next gen consoles, and most likely I will be getting this on one of the PS systems simply for the additional 60 minutes of content. However, like some of you guys have pointed out we don't know much about this game yet and honestly I don't want to pre order for next gen and HAVE to purchase the new console without at least knowing how the consoles will run, initial bugs, if the game was built with next gen in mind, and etc. factors.

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
Well uh. Wasn't too impressed.

The whole pirates thing doesn't do it for me. Maybe when Captain Jack was still new this would have been a good idea.

But that ship has sailed...

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
I'm very torn. On one hand, this game looks very interesting, and pirates are quite awesome. If they do this right, it could end up being quite an awesome game.

On the other hand, don't we have enough Assassin's Creed games already? I mean, the past four years have all seen the release of an Assassin's Creed game, and I really don't like the whoring out of franchises by yearly sequels. And judging by the new direction they're taking with this game, it does kind of look like they might be running out of ideas.

Basically, I'm intrigued, but I will have to wait until it comes out until I'll know for sure if I want to get it or not.

Also, all of the bullshit we know of so far is really putting me off from buying it. Platform exclusive content? Preorders the day the thing is fucking announced? Really? While it's not enough to make this a no purchase yet, it does make me very concerned.

Aaron Sylvester

Jul 1, 2012
Here's the trailer in case the other ones posted here get taken down:

Not bad, but I'm totally over cinematic trailers at this point...and no doubt ACIV will go through the same motions as previous AC games, adding a gimmick or two and keeping everything else the same (dicking around in new cities, woo!).

As usual, people WILL buy this in the same way that people buy Nintendo games or Call of Duty games - a franchise can never get "old" as long as you keep throwing people a bone or two with at least 1% of the game being something "new".

But I really hope that people hold back on the pre-orders, that is one thing that seriously needs to fucking stop. "I'm going to end up buying it anyway, might as well get it with the pre-order incentives" is a fucking BAD excuse and you are doing more harm to the industry than good. Games are not something that can go out of stock (especially with digital downloads) so WAIT for release, wait for reviews, and then buy the game. Or buy the game 30 seconds after it releases, doesn't matter. Just don't pre-order for goodness sake.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Adam Jensen said:
4 pistols and 2 swords, huh? I don't know, but it sounds like they're running out of gameplay ideas.

This trailer still works. Watch it before they take it down.

I am officially... slightly more on board with this idea than I was yesterday.

I still need to see I much more focused gameplay experience, with more personality and fewer bugs and faff, before my trust in the Assassin's Creed IP will be fully repaired after 3 and Revelations.

JochemHippie

Trippin' balls man.
Jan 9, 2012
Oh?
They actually got the hint that the seabattles of AC3 were the best thing this franchise has crapped out since AC2?

Nice, I'm actually quite looking forward to this one.

shrimpcel

Sep 5, 2011
I cannot really tell what the franchise is about anymore. "Black Flag" is shifting the focus from assassins to... pirates? The idea is original at least, which has always been a good point of the series (original settings). At the same time it is not very clear how this fits in with the overall theme of Assassin's Creed. This is a bit worrying considering that despite all my high hopes Ubisoft has never really managed to produce an Assassin's Creed game that's worthy of being considered truly great.

BBboy20

Jun 27, 2011
October 29th? Jesus...

I don't even think Activision reveal new COD this soon.

This game is really reeking glorified expansion pack then the next evolution of AC.

CobraX

Jul 4, 2010
The Assassin's Creed fanboy in me is so happy. An Assassin's Creed game with Pirates and very likely (Since ya know, pirates have ships) more of that awesome Naval Combat (One of the best parts of 3), Count me in! Not to mention possibly learning more about the Kenway family. Plus AC4 gives me yet another excuse to buy a next gen Console, the trailer says it will be on both Next Gen and Current Gen Consoles, but I'm willing to bet the Next Gen versions will be superior in a few minor ways.
My body is ready.

(EDIT)Although the quick development time (Seemingly 1 year) compared to the 2-3 years Assassin's Creed 3 took is a bit worrisome, although Revelations and Brotherhood were both made very quickly and I liked them, but still it's worrisome.....

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
1.) By the looks of things, they're really leaning on the one thing people liked from AC3.
2.) Edward Kenway is a pimp.

Redem

Dec 21, 2009
Well I really wanted a pirate game after ACIII and the trailer look fun enough, hopefully they can learn from the mistakes ACIII and some element of the trailer make me think so.

Though knowing they can crank out the game in like october make me dread it more.